PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Buisness?

ah_dah_cheat
01-03-2005, 01:30 AM
Hello,
I've got a good idea so hear me out, don't leave until you have heard all of it. Me and a friend were thinking of starting a buisness around the Xbox counsil. Spurred by our interest in LAN computer gaming buisnesses such as LANmark Games. We are deciding to create a buisness that involves system linking Xboxes. We do realize however that we will probably have to get a permit from Microsoft. We were just wondering if anyone knew what to do in that regard and how we would go about getting a permit. We would also like to know what other kinds of authoritative hoops we'd have to jump through to persue a buisness of this kind. I would like you to display your opinions on the idea, any tips or advice you would give, as well as any help you can give in the authoritative regard. We thank you in advnce for your help!

Variation-XBA
01-03-2005, 02:53 AM
So like a LAN place, but xbox's instead of computers?
Could work but probly abit hard ot get off the ground and quite abit of overhead.

Reclaimer
01-03-2005, 02:58 AM
What exactly are you trying to do? Linking Xboxes.. like tunneling software such as Xboxconnect? There's two such programs in rotation that do that and they both pretty much have that nailed so if that's what you mean you're going to have to develope a serious client program that can drag people away from XBC and make them pay for it.

Or are you talking about opening a store that has several Xboxes linked together already.
In Houston here, there is a store like that called Velocity Games. I've seen it, but never went in. They have a few commercials in rotation.
They have a store in a strip mall, they have several TV's and couches and essentially, you pay to play for certain amounts of time on whatever games you have. They have PS2's and other stuff to do. They sell games and they have the means for kids to have birthday parties there.
As for how to do that? Business licenses, and buy all your hardware and enough games for each console. Stuff like that. I guess VG makes good money because they're still in business and I still see their ads.

JJXB
01-03-2005, 06:22 AM
good idea, but how would the games be regulated? (i.e. will the players bring them in or would you get several copies of the same games?)

wbio
01-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Do you live in a big city? If you don't live in a major city, I seriously doubt this will work out just because of lack of interest.

ah_dah_cheat
01-03-2005, 12:44 PM
Several copies of the same game although you would receive a discount for bringing your own game.

ah_dah_cheat
01-03-2005, 12:45 PM
our city is not very big, but big enough to sustain this kind of buisness. This is partly because there is a lack of arcade gaming places and stuff like that.

Hzaarour
01-03-2005, 05:13 PM
Good idea i say if u have the money take the chance.

LiquidX
01-03-2005, 05:52 PM
You will need a lot of money to buy the licenses for Xbox games if they will let you do it at all. Im pretty good friends with the guy who runs my local LAN center and those licenses aren't cheap. People beg him to get CS but a license for that is around 10K. I would expect a license for Halo 2 to be 5K+ due to its popularity.

The guy at my LAN center was thinking about bringing an Xbox in but he wasnt thinking of LAN'ing them in house. He was going to allow people to bring their XBL accounts via a memory card and play on his projector. Still, he said this isnt exactly 100% legit but he wouldnt get in trouble for it. Seems kinda stupid to pay just to play on a projector though...

AlphaRaptor
01-04-2005, 07:40 PM
He was going to allow people to bring their XBL accounts via a memory card and play on his projector. Still, he said this isnt exactly 100% legit but he wouldnt get in trouble for it. Seems kinda stupid to pay just to play on a projector though...
I was lucky enough to have a projector in the house for a few days. Not everybody gets to play on a 6 X 5 ft screen in their own home. :cool:

TGTBT
01-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I think that buisness is the best idea EVER! I would think it would make tons of money. I e-mail microsoft to see what kind of liscience you need for the buisness. Your name is so cool ah dah cheat.

super_ryu
01-07-2005, 05:11 PM
So what I'm hearing is that you want to make a business sort of like an internet cafe, but with Xbox's?
I suggest you also sell food, and stuff (like popcorn, hotdogs, cokes) thats where the reall money comes from (like in theatres).

TGTBT
01-08-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree ryukid