PDA

View Full Version : Pgr Quick Race Tip

samslophead
02-07-2002, 12:12 AM
Have you noticed that the cars in the VERY HARD and HARD circuits of the QUICK RACE mode seem super-charged. It seems like no matter how well you race, the lead car always gains distance on you until it's out of sight. Well, I finally won golds in every one of the QUICK RACE races, and I have a pretty lame tip that may help. Here it is: FINISH THE RACE, AND GO TO VIEW REPLAY...YOU CAN TOGGLE THE CAMERA SO IT GIVES YOU THE REPLAY FROM THE LEAD CAR'S PERSPECTIVE...ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS WATCH HOW THE LEAD CAR DRIVES (HOW AND WHERE HE MAKES HIS TURNS/WHEN HE BRAKES/HOW LONG HE BRAKES)...WHEN YOU THINK THAT YOU HAVE FIGURED OUT THE RACING LINE, TRY COPYING IT

>> The only way that I found to win was to get in front of all the cars at the very beginning of the race...it's too difficult to play catch up

>> I was able to win golds in all of the races at the HARD and VERY HARD circuits using the Nissan Skyline...it's fast, but stable enough to maintain it's line if it gets bumped by the computer dirtbags.

>> Don't try to powerslide around turns in the QUICK RACE!! It causes you to lose too much speed. Take the majority of the turns wide, and brake before you get to them. This will keep your speed up, and hopefully you won't have to drop below 2nd gear.

>> Don't use an automatic.

>> Swear a lot, and kick things when necessary.

DeepEllum
02-08-2002, 06:58 PM
The easiest way to beat all the Quick Races with Golds is to race every course with the Mini Cooper. When you race with the Mini, you will be racing against the lowest levels of cars, and it shouldn't take too long to win all golds. In the process, you will unlock at least 7 cars. Go from there to the Kudos Challenge.

Snoopy7548
02-10-2002, 03:42 PM
i always raced with my top car and i have all golds on quick race

Carnage
02-24-2002, 11:35 PM
I cant remember which car i used to beat the quick races. I think it was the Skyline. The tactic i used was: get ahead by any means necessary (smashing into the car infront of you and causing it to crash into all the others), and then keeping that lead throughout the race. I found myself looking behind me more often than infront :cool:

Just dont let the other cars pass you. if you mess up and hit a wall, immediately check behind you, and try to stop the computer from passing you. Defensive driving. I learned all about that in Drivers ed :D

Quick race was a snap compared to some other races/challenges.

oh, btw, Sam is absolutely right about swearing and kicking things. it really helps :)