PDA

View Full Version : EA ready for possible accusation or two...

Sammael
01-03-2005, 11:50 AM
New York, December 29: The video game industry is ripe for consolidation, as companies like Electronic Arts Inc. move to take advantage of rising production and marketing costs, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday.

Electronic Arts, the world's largest video game publisher, earlier this month said it was buying almost 20 percent of French video game maker Ubi Soft Entertainment, fueling speculation it might bid for the whole company.

One portfolio manager told the newspaper that Electronic Arts is in a good position to make a "sizable acquisition or two", considering the company currently has $2.5 billion in cash and cash equivalents.

Other companies that could be in play -- either as acquirers or takeover targets -- include game publishers such as Activision Inc., THQ Inc., Midway Games Inc., the UK's Eidos Plc and Japan's Namco Ltd. and Capcom Co. Ltd., according to the Journal.

I swear they are going to ruin the video game industyr.

LTM360
01-03-2005, 12:13 PM
I swear to God, if they go after Capcom, then they are out to ruin video games forever.

Casper
01-03-2005, 12:36 PM
accusation? or acquisation?

They are gonna try and take over Ubi, but I don't see that happening. Not legally, at least. MS needs to step in and help out the true gamers that realize that EA is just as bad for gaming as Windows is for operating systems....

Sammael
01-03-2005, 01:02 PM
I heard that UbiSoft has already invovled the French government. We see how the EU broke up MS, if EA doesn't stop while they're ahead they're gonna screw themselves.

Yea I can't spell.

Duke
01-03-2005, 01:27 PM
accusation? or acquisation?

Or acquisition even? :hump:

Casper
01-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Or acquisition even? :hump:
Hypocrite - fix your quote tags before u try and mock me :p

Edit - you beat me :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
01-03-2005, 01:38 PM
true gamers that realize that EA is just as bad for gaming as Windows is for operating systems....

Nope :P

But yea....I hope EA gets slapped or denied hardcore