PDA

View Full Version : Official Wreckless Thread

Caspel
02-07-2002, 06:02 AM
Okay seems to be that many people are clogging up some of the forums with the same thread that was repeated already once or twice before. Well to help unclog the same thread over and over, I will establish this Wreckless thread.

Post all your stats, reviews, rants, questions all on here so we try and get all the Wreckless threads to tone down. Try to keep it clean on the boards so try to stick to this thread to talk about Wreckless, the staff would really appreciate it.

Chr0nik
02-07-2002, 11:10 AM
You yourself are clogging up the forum by posting this thread :)

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 11:34 AM
I'm curious, because I haven't played Wreckless yet....that, after just reading several reviews from members of this site, I see a consistency of people wishing that there was a multi-player function on the game. What I'm curious about is, how is it possible to make this game multi-player capable? I mean, what things come to mind?

I'm sure I would be able to come up with something...but, without having played it yet, I can't. The only thing I could think of is a campaign type option...like Halo, where you are both going through the missions at the same time...but, what is the main purpose in this? I guess I need to get the game to see...but, what are your thoughts? I'm looking forward to hearing from people that have played it or own it.

All I know is that the reviews on this site really get me pumped up about this game...I really want to check it out...probably rent it first, though.

Wu3000
02-07-2002, 11:43 AM
:) wreckless with multiplayer would be amazing,

inthe game you play the roll of either two girl cops tracking the yakuza or two spys trying to take down the yakuza ithink. anyway what ever vehicle you choose both of the characters get in the car and ride together, if you had a multi player then each player could get their own car and you could tackle the missions together. since the game is basically crashing into everything and trying to aviod huge busses, mutlip;layer would be sweet.

wu3000

Wu3000
02-07-2002, 11:45 AM
i own it. :)

frog11983
02-07-2002, 01:19 PM
I have a question... can you run over people? In all of the pictures I have seen, people are always running away :( I am also assuming that you can't get out of the cars, is that true?

l Maximus l
02-07-2002, 01:26 PM
Frog...I don't own the game, but, it seems to me that you cannot get out of the cars...I don't think that is what the game is about...it's more of a racing genre via cars.

I also noticed that about people running away...still looks cool...I'm not sure if running over people is needed...unless it's a helpless little kid :D hehe..jk

jeah
02-07-2002, 01:28 PM
frog11983: People are always able to avoid you, no running them over. This game is all about driving, no getting out of cars.

I love this game. I'm eating my BK at my computer so as to not get that burger juice on my xbox controller, but i'm back to wreckless asap.

X-Factor
02-07-2002, 05:16 PM
Is Wreckless really that good? Can you get in and out of vehicles? There's free-roaming, right? Is that game kind of along the lines of GTA3?

*better go try this game out for myself*

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 07:56 PM
No, you cannot get out of the cars and no free roaming (prays for unlim. time cheat).

here's my current stats...

Vehicles Destroyed - 365
Objects Destroyed - 10,116
Play Time - 2:42:22
Distance Traveled: 98.7 Miles
Top Speed - 149.6 MPH

LynxFX
02-07-2002, 09:18 PM
So can anyone confirm if Wreckless supports widescreen or is it another 4x3 only title?

XBA Staff
02-07-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Caspel-XBA
Okay seems to be that many people are clogging up some of the forums with the same thread that was repeated already once or twice before. Well to help unclog the same thread over and over, I will establish this Wreckless thread.

Post all your stats, reviews, rants, questions all on here so we try and get all the Wreckless threads to tone down. Try to keep it clean on the boards so try to stick to this thread to talk about Wreckless, the staff would really appreciate it.

If you want this to be a "Official Thread" then you need to make this thread a Sticky.

LynxFX
02-07-2002, 09:28 PM
I don't think it has to be sticky, you just need to start closing any and all threads that keep popping up discussing the same thing. If it drops off the main page then it drops off because no one is talking about it anymore. If everyone that keeps the dozen wreckless threads going posts in this thread instead then I don't think it will fall off the front page very fast.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread made this morning, now if only it would get enforced. ;)

XBA Staff
02-07-2002, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I don't think it has to be sticky, you just need to start closing any and all threads that keep popping up discussing the same thing. If it drops off the main page then it drops off because no one is talking about it anymore. If everyone that keeps the dozen wreckless threads going posts in this thread instead then I don't think it will fall off the front page very fast.

I must say I was pleasantly surprised to see this thread made this morning, now if only it would get enforced. ;)

Well only the mods can enforce it...not me. I'm not a moderator...I'm a XBA Staff but not a mod...I just write news/reviews/interviews/articles etc...

jeah
02-08-2002, 01:25 AM
An "official" wreckless thread discussing how it should be official?

Caspel
02-08-2002, 05:16 AM
Anyways, I am just a staff member...not a moderator. Can't enforce, make it sticky or anything. Just I think I can edit other people's messages to censor something

Back on track...who all has Wreckless and what do you all think about it..talk about anything you would like, just try to keep the other threads about Wreckless to a minimum

RudedogX
02-08-2002, 08:38 AM
I have wreckless, and I've got to say that I can understand why some people would hate this, and why some people would like this game. It is just one of those where you either hate it or love it. Everyone seems to want to compare it to GTA3...ummmm...NO, not even close, I've heard Crazy Taxi....close but no cigar...

This game is an amagalmation of several different games, and it's better for it! Where else can you race cars, bang up cars and jump ramps and do tricks just to get to photograph sites in time? Ok, maybe GTA3, but it's still not that, and it won't be that, and thank god for that! This baby is a visual feast, while at the same time suffering from a terrible soundtrack, but not bad game play. If you are undecided about getting this game...simply rent it! That's all there is to it. I am just beginning to understand why gamespot in their preview stated that one controller was destroyed while playing this game! I love it, but I also hate it (it can get way to freakin' difficult sometimes)! I have seriously been tempted to throw my controller through the sliding glass door a couple of times!

Now if only I could figure out how to get the other vehicles unlocked and beat the missions to retain those vehicles, I'd be really happy!:confused:

BiohazardEHW
02-08-2002, 09:23 PM
Is Wreckless only on XBox, or is it gonna be on another system? Because the case dosent have the Only On Xbox thing on top like Halo and DOA3 do...?

Jay
02-08-2002, 10:33 PM
I've beat the 10 missions with Chang and Ho, and I have 5 cars, I have beatin 1-5 with the girls and 7 and have 3 cars. Help I need new cars and Mission 6 is difficult.!!!

ShannonX
02-08-2002, 10:37 PM
I'm debating on whether or not to actually go buy the game. I really dont have alot of money to spend on games, and i really want to get some other games coming out in the weeks to come. Is there really going to be any replay value after you beat all 20 missions? If not, i might just wait for that rally game and test drive to come out. Seems both of those will have at least 2 player fun.

jeah
02-08-2002, 11:33 PM
I have beaten all 20 missions. It took about 8 - 9 hours to do so on Normal difficulty with heavy traffic. The game is pretty tough but can be beaten pretty quickly. This game is so much fun though, I want to play the missions over and over again. It's so fun to beat a mission with one vehicle and then try it with different ones. Also, even though I have beat 20 missions, I still have not unlocked 2 vehicles. Not sure how, but I can't wait to do it. Also, playing with different filters adds to the fun.

My girlfriend is making watch the opening ceremonies to the olympics and all I want to do is play wreckless!!

BiohazardEHW
02-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Wreckless is too **** hard

LynxFX
02-09-2002, 09:09 PM
Ok, finally just went out and bought it on an impulse. ;)

First impressions, Very cool game. Lots of fun, lots of damage and from what I've seen so far, varied levels. I've only beaten A1, A4, and B1 after a little over an hour of play. Some very fun levels. I especially love the dock level, B4 just to go around and do some jumps. The one thing this game needs is a free roam feature. I hope that will be a cheat later on or at least an infinate time so you could basically do the same thing. Can't wait to unlock some more levels and cars. My favorite so far though is the souped up De Lorian. :D

Woocifer
02-09-2002, 09:38 PM
This game is way too short for the money spent on it. I am very upset at the developer for pulling this kinda stunt. Sure it looks nice, though I find most of the graphics a bit fuzzy...I'd rather high res than that blurry ps2 effect, I hate that effect.

But come on...I played it for 4 hours total and I've almost completed scenario A and have 4 missions done on scenario B. That is rediculous. That is criminal. I'm not some super video game guru, I was just playing a game. And now its already over? Blah...I dont care for newer vehicles if it doesnt make too much difference to game play....this game should have been 10 bucks for the amount of time I played it.

It's being traded in as SOON as something better is out...and there are a few comin out soon...Unless someone wants this for 30 bones hahaha ;)

Dennis

BiohazardEHW
02-09-2002, 10:46 PM
I'll still play after I beat it...if there's an infinite time cheat or something like that. But it's not like I just free roam and ignore the time the way it is :)

And I FINALLY beat that mother*****er rival prick to get the next 3 A missions and beat A5 i think...the one where you have to destroy the Yakuza cars...that was a great mission. Not too hard, not too easy either, and it was fun.

And if Xbox gets some Code Breaker or Game Shark type cheat thingey, then i'm sure Wreckless will have free roam and unlock everything. Is Xbox gettin a cheat utility like that, does anybody knows?

BiohazardEHW
02-10-2002, 07:49 PM
I just finished playing Wreckless, screwing around trying to set myself a new high speed and bust up alot of cars...here's my current stats...

Vehicles Destroyed: 544
Objects Destroyed: 12,976
Time Played: 03:53:07
Distance Traveled: 153.2 miles
Top Speed: 150.4 mph

:)

jeah
02-11-2002, 02:04 AM
I puked all over myself

You should probably get some help for that.

BiohazardEHW
02-11-2002, 02:29 PM
It's blurry in spots because of the heat effect you shiithead

ShannonX
02-11-2002, 09:47 PM
I've played for a little over an hour, and cant seem to figure out that crack head B4 level....argh! i get half the photos done, but then i always run out of time, i suck... =)

But my fastest speed so far is 150.6mph, i spend more time playing than i do actually trying to beat the missions.

LynxFX
02-11-2002, 10:20 PM
Ok, here are my thoughts after playing it for 6 hours and finally for a couple hours on the big screen.

Graphics: Some of the best I've ever seen in a game like this. The lit partical effects, realtime reflections, heat and gas blur effect all make this game look purty. The game isn't 16x9 but you can hardly tell that it is stretched so it doesn't take away from the game if you are playing on a widescreen tv. Even blown up to 110" I see very few jaggies and it makes the reflections in the cars just that much cooler. Drive down a street that is filled with neon signs at night and just watch the reflections and lighting on your car. It is almost as good as the prerendered end movie to Zack in DOA3 where the limo is driving under the neons of Vegas. You really need to see this game in 480p to really appreciate it. Just the thought of 1080i games now really makes me drool if they can do graphics like this using half the resolution.

Sound: At first I thought the sound was just 'ok' but then I remembered that I was just playing on the normal tv with stereo sound hooked up to my reciever. Once I went digital the sound field came alive. Full use of the center channel (finally) and very active surrounds. The best part is when you are in 3rd person view the engine noise comes from the front center. Now when you go to 1st person view the engine noise comes from your rears and in my case the rear center channel as well (I have a 6.1 setup). Talk about feeling like you are sitting in the middle of the car. All of the engine sounds vary from car to car as well as the tire squeals. The rest of the sound fx coming from around are also well done. Have DD 5.1 setup and then drive through an entire street full of dim sum stands. It is total chaos and it is awesome.

The Game: The gameplay is quite varied as I'm finding out. I've opened up seven levels on both A and B. Some are similar but none are really exactly alike. Some seem so freakin hard that you get frustrated and want to quit but then you end up beating it with tons of time left over and you ended up using a different car because you were just screwing around. The cities themselves are huge and very detailed. I've found tons of buildings that you can crash through a window and then drive through the building and even go up a couple levels and crash back out. The one part of the game that I believe everyone is wishing for is free roam. I do hope that this will be a cheat down the road with either just a cheat for free roam or a cheat for unlimited time. I went exploring on level A4 with the dump truck. Turns out you can go out all over the city again. Like I said, these maps are huge and we deserve the right to go drive down and be reckless. ;) Plus that would add the biggest replay value to this game.

Overall this has definately turned into a keeper for me and I can't wait to hear about the inevitable cheats....please.....be inevitable.