PDA

View Full Version : Doom 3 gets release date, collector's edition.

Snowblind
01-04-2005, 09:40 PM
It's now official:

"Activision and id Software are finally spelling Doom for the Xbox. The first-person shooter Doom 3 now has a release date of March 1 (according to online retailers EBGames and GameStop) and will be accompanied by a collector's edition of the title. The collector's edition will include full versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom II, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a storyboard, and sketch gallery. Though the creepy zombie-blasting action of Doom 3 has been raging on the PC since August, the Xbox version will feature an exclusive cooperative mode over Xbox Live as well as competitive multiplayer and an offline single-player campaign. Doom 3 will retail for $49.99 (the collector's edition for $59.99), and is rated "M" for Mature."

T3h Gheyspot link (http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/01/04/news_6115648.html)

What can I say, Doom 3 with Online Co-Op, Ultimate and Hell on Earth DOOM, plus some extra features. Consider it bought buy me. I've already got the $60 stored away for March.

Xer0Mercy
01-04-2005, 09:52 PM
Sounds damn cool. I'm not going to reserve it because we all know how sketchy some ports are (I'm guessing it's a port from the PC version...).

If it is really good, I'll probably pick it up.

Snowblind
01-04-2005, 09:57 PM
Sounds damn cool. I'm not going to reserve it because we all know how sketchy some ports are (I'm guessing it's a port from the PC version...).

If it is really good, I'll probably pick it up.

Doom 3 PC and Xbox are two entirely different projects. Doom 3 should push the Xbox to it's limits otherwise if it were a port it would have been released on the Xbox way earlier. Xbox Doom 3 is far more then some mere sloppy port.

mattgame
01-04-2005, 10:28 PM
You cannot have an xbox and don't get this game. I'm sorry that's just how I feel.

Snowblind
01-04-2005, 10:33 PM
You cannot have an xbox and don't get this game.

Smartest thing I've heard on XBA in a while now...

natedog8
01-04-2005, 10:37 PM
ill be buyin this for sure, as long as im not too wrapped up in WoW... how many players is the multiplayer?

mattgame
01-04-2005, 10:38 PM
Smartest thing I've heard on XBA in a while now...

I mean really how could you? It's almost like not having Halo2. Why have an xbox then? For EA ports?

MerimacHamwich
01-04-2005, 10:42 PM
It is a port. The studio porting it has been working on porting the code ever since Id allowed them to touch it. I think it might be pretty good, but it WILL not look or run as good as on the PC. 70 FPS on the PC is considered good frames. This is on high end PC's too. Granted, they are running some high resolutions, but other ports *cough* unreal championship *cough* ran way better in their PC counterparts on super high settings, in super high machines, yet did not fare too well on the PC.

That being said, if you can't get it on PC, definetly snatch it for the Xbox. It's an instant classic. Just don't go touting about how it looks just as good if not better than on the PC.

Snowblind
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
ill be buyin this for sure, as long as im not too wrapped up in WoW... how many players is the multiplayer?

Doom 3 has 2 player co-op. Ultimate and Hell on Earth is 1-4 co-op and deathmatch. Deathmatch and **** is 1-4 players, maybe more on the Xbox.

Dyslexic Chaos
01-04-2005, 11:59 PM
I mean really how could you?

Oh, oh, I found a way.

I'm buying a new comp in April when i get my tax return, and it comes with my vid card free, so not only will i have it for PC, but in the mean time, I need to save all the money i can for my new comp.

Also, although I'm fairly confident this will be a good port, as they have been working on it since Doom 3 was pretty much started, it still is quite untested. Hell, everyone though Deus Ex 2 was going to own on Xbox, as it was developed and released at the same time as the PC version, but looked what happened there...

also, no, it's not like not owning Halo 2, as Halo 2 isn't available for any other platform...

Variation-XBA
01-05-2005, 02:34 AM
Got the pc version but I'll be getting this simply for the co-op, and the mics on LIVE for deathmatch.

Yea, I'll splurge for the Collectors:)

ll Mista GT ll
01-05-2005, 06:58 AM
I prolly get it 4 XBOX... if it really comes with the other 2 games.

If I do get it 4 PC, is a Geforce 2 Graphics card good enough? How much mem would you suggest? Would 128MB of SDR be good? - if not, How about 256MB SDR?

Thanks

ll Mista GT ll
01-05-2005, 07:03 AM
:( Sorry for teh double post! :D

"Activision and id Software are finally spelling Doom for the Xbox. The first-person shooter Doom 3 now has a release date of March 1 (according to online retailers EBGames and GameStop) and will be accompanied by a collector's edition of the title. The collector's edition will include full versions of Ultimate Doom and Doom II, a behind-the-scenes featurette, a storyboard, and sketch gallery. Though the creepy zombie-blasting action of Doom 3 has been raging on the PC since August, the Xbox version will feature an exclusive cooperative mode over Xbox Live as well as competitive multiplayer and an offline single-player campaign. Doom 3 will retail for $49.99 (the collector's edition for $59.99), and is rated "M" for Mature."

Isn't the "spelling" supposed to be "selling"? :huh:

Sammael
01-05-2005, 07:38 AM
I do believe it is a port. A ported with added features. The storyline and everything is the exact same.

jelgiad
01-05-2005, 02:37 PM
are yall saying that you can play the old doom multiplayer on this as well? that may be fun. Like jerred said though, i already have it on PC, and really dont see much point in owning 2 copies of the game. i'll probably rent it and try it out.

MixMasta
01-05-2005, 02:43 PM
The Doom 3 expansion pack comes out for the PC around the same time and I thought I heard they were going to have co op as well.

jelgiad
01-05-2005, 02:49 PM
The Doom 3 expansion pack comes out for the PC around the same time and I thought I heard they were going to have co op as well.

woah, i didnt even know they were making an expansion pack. I'll definately be getting that instead of the xbox version of the game

BananaMan
01-05-2005, 02:54 PM
not to mention the doom3 expansion pack copies half life 2. it has a gravity gun in it :rolleyes:

CRAYMAN
01-05-2005, 06:30 PM
:( Sorry for teh double post! :D

Isn't the "spelling" supposed to be "selling"? :huh:

It's a PUN. Y'know, like in corny comic book lingo. "Does this spell DOOM for Batman???!"

No Fear 23
01-05-2005, 06:36 PM
I do believe it is a port. A ported with added features. The storyline and everything is the exact same.

no its not..its been made entirely different. the storyline is not the same...the only thing that is the same are the weapons, characters and themewise.

MixMasta
01-05-2005, 06:39 PM
no its not..its been made entirely different. the storyline is not the same...the only thing that is the same are the weapons, characters and themewise.

And the title. :)

Snowblind
01-05-2005, 07:06 PM

What's the differance between Xbox and the PC's Doom 3 storyline?

But anyway, it is no port. Unreal II was a port. Both the PC and Xbox Doom 3 started develop meant basically at the same time. A port is usually when a game is first finished for one console and then afterwards starts being developed for an entirely different console.

Whisper
01-05-2005, 10:22 PM
no thanks.. I'm too busy playing Halo 2 all the time

MerimacHamwich
01-06-2005, 12:31 AM
Yeah, you're right, it's not a port. Id software didn't originally create any of the code in Doom 3 for the Xbox. None of it was done for the PC first. They are completely different games.

:whistle:

Spaztic
01-06-2005, 10:16 AM
Already played this game on the computer....might rent....

Variation-XBA
01-07-2005, 12:04 AM
well i have it running all maxed out on the pc... it's good, and linear.... but will it look as prety on xbox? i wont get it if it's the same story as the pc, but i might rent it for live play.,,

Same single player, but has the co-op option

LiquidGuy
01-07-2005, 03:09 PM
Which game would you suggest buying, DOOM 3 for the PC, or DOOM 3 or the XBOX

Conchord
01-07-2005, 04:51 PM
what about split screen co-op? anyone know is thats a go?

Snowblind
01-08-2005, 12:10 AM
Yeah, you're right, it's not a port. Id software didn't originally create any of the code in Doom 3 for the Xbox. None of it was done for the PC first. They are completely different games.

:whistle:

Your right. Id didn't orginally create the Xbox Doom 3 code, Vicarious Visions did. :p

No split screen though, Xbox couldn't handle it.

LiquidGuy
01-08-2005, 10:40 AM
Which game would you suggest buying, DOOM 3 for the PC, or DOOM 3 or the XBOX

Anyone?

SamSmith
01-09-2005, 10:05 AM
xbox for multiplayer fun and live play... pc... if you have a pc, i got the pc version... but il try the xbox version for co-op and live.... id like to play through this game with someone... my sister has a liking for fps's... she liked it on the pc, co-op should be great!

Conchord
01-09-2005, 10:11 AM
what about split screen co-op? anyone know is thats a go?

does anyone know?

SamSmith
01-09-2005, 10:53 AM
yes... split screen co-op is there... i believe

Conchord
01-09-2005, 11:27 AM
yes... split screen co-op is there... i believe

OK does anyone know FOR SURE.

Snowblind
01-09-2005, 04:04 PM
OK does anyone know FOR SURE.

Like I said previously: No, split screen Co-Op will not be in Doom 3. The Xbox could not handle it.

m4oH
01-09-2005, 05:15 PM
I cant wait for this game!! But then again isnt SC:CT coming out around that time?? I dont think Ill have $100 to spend on both:cry:

Conchord
01-09-2005, 05:20 PM
Like I said perviously: No, split screen Co-Op will not be in Doom 3. The Xbox could not handle it.

That is, in a word, ****ingbull****. Looks like I will be passing on this game. Its like I'm being punished because I can't afford XBL.

m4oH
01-09-2005, 07:04 PM
That is, in a word, ****ingbull****. Looks like I will be passing on this game. Its like I'm being punished because I can't afford XBL.
:huh: But you have XBL :confused:

Ninjermy
01-09-2005, 07:34 PM
So Doom3 for xbox in early March. :O :O :O :O :O Must.... have... this... NOWWW!!!! *implodes from excitment*

m4oH
01-09-2005, 08:33 PM
I think Im gonna rent it first since I really like split screen co-op games

Conchord
01-09-2005, 08:53 PM
:huh: But you have XBL :confused:

why do you think i have xbl? i used to, and that was free 2 months, and that was switching ethernet cables from my pc to my xbox every time. i cant afford another cable hookup for my room + rr activated in my room + another cable modem + xbl subscription.

SamSmith
01-10-2005, 09:49 AM
why do you think i have xbl? i used to, and that was free 2 months, and that was switching ethernet cables from my pc to my xbox every time. i cant afford another cable hookup for my room + rr activated in my room + another cable modem + xbl subscription.

just use your pc as a router!!
then you can have them both online at the sam3e time

Conchord
01-10-2005, 03:12 PM
just use your pc as a router!!
then you can have them both online at the sam3e time

Then I have to unhook my xbox from my room (if you saw the wires, you would understand), and I would still need money to pay for xbl.

DOOM
01-13-2005, 07:08 AM
Its mine I tell you, ALL MINE!!!!!!!

JJaX
01-13-2005, 01:38 PM
I got Doom 3 on the PC already, and it was OK.

It is news to me that the collecters addition comes with Doom and Doom 2.

I wonder if I could play those co-op online? If so, Im sold.

SamSmith
01-13-2005, 04:12 PM
i enjoyed D3 on pc, but just to warn... it isnt anything hugely great and new, and it is linear and relys a lot on its graphics to impress... hey it worked, cous it looked sweet!

Crazy Joe
01-13-2005, 05:23 PM
for the older games that come with Collector's Edition, will they be direct ports or will the graphics be updated? If updated, that would be super awesome.

m4oH
01-13-2005, 05:46 PM
I thought you had XBL b/c your profile says you do :p

Snowblind
01-13-2005, 08:41 PM
I think Im gonna rent it first since I really like split screen co-op games

For the third time, there will be NO SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP OR MULTIPLAYER in Doom 3.

SamSmith
01-14-2005, 09:15 AM
For the third time, there will be NO SPLIT SCREEN CO-OP OR MULTIPLAYER in Doom 3.

there will be online co-op

Snowblind
01-14-2005, 03:46 PM
there will be online co-op

Did I ever say there wasn't going to be? :huh:

SamSmith
01-14-2005, 04:17 PM
Did I ever say there wasn't going to be? :huh:

oh, sorry i thought you said split screen OR co op... my bad!