PDA

View Full Version : Monster Truck on Wreckless!!

Pimpn419
02-07-2002, 01:00 PM
Hey all,

I played Wreckless non-stop yesterday.. this game Is soooo ssswwweeettt!! I love this game! The only thing I'm really worried about Is how short It is/might be. I'm on level 9 of the A missions (where you're an undercover cop) and I think this might be the last level for the A missions. Am I wrong? Even If It was there's the B Missions.. and this game Is great no matter what.. a deffinate must buy!

Has anyone found the Monster Truck yet? If so, where is It at and how do you get It? How about the British car or the taxi? so far I've unlocked 2 cars other than the ones that you start out with.

-Matt

RudedogX
02-07-2002, 01:01 PM
i've heard the monster truck is on the level with the dim sum carts when you see a question mark you need to actually hit the truck and still complete the level. As for the british car and tax, those are in the B missions.

jeah
02-07-2002, 01:59 PM
pimpn419, i'm on the same level, A9 is **** hard.

Pimpn419
02-07-2002, 02:34 PM
well, i just beat all the A missions and now I'm starting on the B missions.. not incrediably long, but still very very fun!! Ok.. I think I'm going to get back to trying to find the Monster Truck now.. oh yeah, and I think the monster truck could be on the B missions.. just a thought.

-Matt

jeah
02-07-2002, 02:57 PM
I got the monster truck. It's on the B dim sum level. It's tight

Variation-XBA
02-07-2002, 03:08 PM
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::SPOILER:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

B3, the dimsum lvl. Soon as you start, take a left, then a right....when ya see subway entrance, pull a 180 and take the ramp on the right hand side sidewalk and go into the building, touch the truck and finish the lvl :)

jeah
02-07-2002, 04:13 PM
I also finally got teh Big 4wd vehicle in scenario A

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 04:18 PM
i got 3 a missions done and 2 B, the rest are impossible...130 seconds to take 7 pictures on a dock that is pretty large...and not to mention your car can fall in the water...that mission is impossible...

maneatingcow
02-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Bio, you gain time after each picture.... i was able to finish w/ 30 seconds left.

XBOX Dude
02-07-2002, 05:05 PM
how big are the worlds cause i heard there huge and that the main part of the game just going around the city causing mayhem

X-Factor
02-07-2002, 05:05 PM
maneatingcow-XBA-- In your opinion, is Wreckless a rent, or a purchase?:confused:

Pimpn419
02-07-2002, 07:18 PM
there's no free roam funtion on Wreckless Is there? I don't think there Is.. but there should be...

-Matt

maneatingcow
02-07-2002, 07:30 PM
No free roam... and my review will be up in a little bit.

Oh! and btw... there is another vehicle hidden... one of mass destruction.... hehe....

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 07:59 PM
I free roam all the time, i just ignore the time and restart befor eit runs out :)

and I just unlocked the Monster Truck, its fairly easy, I just got no clue where the stands are. I just happened to stumble into 3 of them right in a row, and got the last with about 20 seconds to spare...

The truck only goes up to 93 MPH (from what I saw), but it sure is awesome, it should destroy Yakuza cars in one hit tho...

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 08:00 PM
Yeah, the other vehicle is a tank, dunno if it shoots or not, I havent found anything on it yet...

jeah
02-07-2002, 08:00 PM
I don't want to know what it is or how to get it, but has anyone got the second to last vehicle on scenario a?

BiohazardEHW
02-07-2002, 08:03 PM
I would if i could beat the *****ing rival guy to the dim sum stands...he's a real prick

TRUE_GAMER
02-08-2002, 12:20 AM
I found the armored car but I couldn't pass the board at the time.

jeah
02-08-2002, 01:14 AM
Biohazard, you still haven't beat the dim sum stands in scenario a? :)

Pimpn419
02-08-2002, 11:04 AM
wow.. this game just keeps getting funner and funner!! I would have gotten on last night and posted but I was too busy palying the game! I got the Monster Truck really without even trying..he level's not all that hard. Now, however, I'm trying to get the other "Monster Truck" looking vehicle on scenerio A4.. I can't seem to get to the top of the sky skraper fast enough.. It's hard. Anyone who has gotten this vehicle please tell me If there's a faster way to blow up the barrels on the dump truck to get more time or something.. or just how you did It.

-Matt

jeah
02-08-2002, 01:10 PM
Possible SPOILERS below for those still trying to get the truck on A4

If you still haven't gotten the truck on A4:

I used the buggy of course. There are two jumps at the beginning of the level on the right of the track. I use those to get the first two hits. Then when the truck proceeds to pull the u-turn at the end of the first stretch, there is a jump there to use. Unless you hit it twice off of one jump (it does happen), you will have to hit him once more. This is kind of hard to explain but the next sharp turn after the u-turn there is a ridge right at the corner. If you hit that right and time it well it should just throw your vehicle in the air and finish off the truck. From there, you are right near the question mark. Jump over the wall and fall down the shaft. Take the small ramp up. Be quick.

jeah
02-08-2002, 01:36 PM
The tank is officially the coolest vehicle. Talk about awesome effects! turn on some filters too and **** it's the coolest looking thing ever!

BiohazardEHW
02-08-2002, 07:21 PM
that dim sum level is hard damm!t

Pimpn419
02-09-2002, 01:12 PM
This game keeps getting better and better.. I've currently beaten all the missions on scenario A and now I'm on mission 7 on scenario B. I've also unlocked the car type thing on A4 and the monster truck from B?. My stats are currently...

Total Vehicles Destroyed: 538
Total Objects Destroyed: 9054
Total Play Time: 04:47:24
Total distance traveled: 198.4 miles
Max Speed: 150.6 mph

I think the replay option for the game Is ssswwweeettt!!! I love taking that car I got from A4 and doing misson.. A7.. (I think that's the level), but you're In a tunnel.. It's sweet. I've made soem really phat replays.

Has anyone so far found the tank? If so, what level Is It on and how do I get It? Are there any other vehicles besides the monster truck and the car you get from A4? If so, what are they, and where are they? Any cheats for Wreckless yet? Not that I'd want to use any cheats.. well, atleast not yet.. not until I beat the game normally that Is =)...

-Matt

jeah
02-09-2002, 01:28 PM
I have the tank, i think it's after B9, more hidden vehicles are on B2 and A7.

BiohazardEHW
02-09-2002, 03:50 PM
I just beat that dim sum level, its not that bad if you get ahead of him. he had only 28 when i completed it. :)

And I beat A5 i think...the one where you are surrounded my Yakuza cars and have to destroy them all...that's easy. I just drove around in a circle and hit some of them head on. Didnt even bother gettin the monster truck to do that.

Speaking of the Monster Truck, thats the only vehicle I have unlocked so far. I dunno where to get the others.

Frostberg
02-09-2002, 08:52 PM
lol the tank shoots if you press Y

Frostberg
02-09-2002, 09:04 PM
and I have some advice for beating the dump truck level...ok start out on the left where there is that jump, and then you will destry 1/4th then right after you fall down on the right will be another jump, theres another 1/4th off...now heres my trick so you get more than enough time to finish, just drive behind the dump truck, and you will push it like 40mph! just push it all the way around until (thinks how to describe it) you get to the start, but on the right is a little area before it, just drive up there, or go really fast after the turn before that and you will be on the same level as the truck, then use the right thumbstick to look over and just wait for the truck to drive by, and just drive right into it...be sure to back up a few feet tho so you go fast enough so you dont just fall down...then you got 1 more hit to go...you have 2 chances...you have to do em here at the start again or else it will cost you too much time because you have a lot more to go...do em at either the 1st or 2nd one i mentioned before and then haull ass to the top, then be sure to have speed to jump over a little area, then wait in the elevator which seems like forever, follow arrows to briefcase and then go back up to helicoptor pad...very simple really...:D :D

BiohazardEHW
02-09-2002, 10:47 PM
My friend beat that level for me, with 2 seconds to spare :)

and where's the tank at?

jeah
02-09-2002, 11:22 PM
tank is after you beat b9..... there also secret vehicles on B2 and A7.

thunderkiss2k1
02-09-2002, 11:28 PM
If y'all keep up this Wreckless talk, people are gonna think you guys like play video games and stuff. Just a thought. :)

Pimpn419
02-10-2002, 11:36 AM
Can someone please tell me what these filter things are? I've unlocked "new filters" twice now but I don't know what the heck they are or what they're used for. Anyone care to fill me In? A few posts back someone said something about turning on the filters and something being bad @$$ ect. I've just beaten mission B9 and I should have the tank.. just thought I'd ask what the heck the filter things were since I just got some new filters.. thanks,

-Matt

BiohazardEHW
02-10-2002, 01:47 PM
im not sure either, but i believe they have to do with replays.

Pimpn419
02-10-2002, 01:53 PM
well, If anyone out there knows.. please fill me In.

I've currently beaten both scenarios A & B.. missions 1-10 per scenario. I've unlocked all the vehicles except for one.. It's the second to the last square on the vehicles you get from the B scenario. Someone told me to try B2 but I can't find any unlocked vehicles there. Anyone know where the other vehicle Is? Or what the filters are/do?

-Matt

Frostberg
02-10-2002, 02:13 PM
yeah thats right, its the vaultsafe...not fast but really good for driving and you like never stop when you run into other cars because its a heavy beast...its on the other side of the map, just go down the main road (the one by where you got the monster truck) and its at the end, then go right...you shouild see the ? before you get there anyway.

jeah
02-10-2002, 03:05 PM
After you've unlocked new filters just press down on the digital pad to change the filter while you play and in replays.

Frostberg
02-10-2002, 03:22 PM
thanks...pretty neat to see all the various ways to look at your car...now its time for me to finish scenario A!

Pimpn419
02-11-2002, 10:01 AM
This game Is great!! I beat the whole game unlocking all the cars last night and I still love playin this game. Just being able to pick your vehicle of destruction and rip through the streets of Hong Kong has got to be the best aspect of the game. Not to mention the replays are sweet.. does anybody know how many filters there are to unlock? Or how about If you beat certain levels on the harder difficulty and the traffic set on high.. anything special happen? Anyone know any codes or cheats yet? I wouldn't care unless I've already beaten the game and since I have I think some cheats would be pretty ssswwweeettt!!! Well, I think I'm going to fire my box back up and throw In Wreckless..

-Matt

jeah
02-11-2002, 12:46 PM
Not sure how many filters I have, i'm sure it's the normal amount. I beat everything on normal/heavy the first time through. Now i'm getting through B on hard/heavy. Wreckless doesn't seem to keep track if you beat a level on hard though. We'll see.....

Frostberg
02-12-2002, 05:40 PM
Where are the unlockable cars on Scenario A? I got the rest but i need the 3rd and 6th car you get when you tap it...but I cant find em

Frostberg
02-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Hey, when did I start to be able to pick any car? You can do say a Scenario A level with a Scenario B car (tank :D) I just realized it when I went left by accident...thats pretty nice, but I still got 2 more cars to go! (read above post)