PDA

View Full Version : GTA Going Exclusive For Xbox 2.... Speculation!

Sammael
01-11-2005, 11:00 AM
I was reading over at Gamespy about CES. The guy who wrote the article said he has 5 big events that will happen in 2005. This was one of them, again this is still speculation.

2) A Major Defection Will Occur -- New consoles often result in breakups and new couplings. Longtime Square fans were surprised when the company went to bed with Sony and announced that Final Fantasy would be a PlayStation exclusive. Well, we have a slew of new systems in the works. Though they'll be coming out over the next two years, a big announcement will take place this year, probably at E3 2005. I'm talking enormous -- along the lines of Square taking Final Fantasy back to Nintendo or Rockstar taking Grand Theft Auto to Xbox 2 exclusively.

My sources have given me an idea of who will be leaving who, but I can't really say right now. I'm pretty sure I'd get an easily identifiable weapon through the head. (Perhaps that's a hint.)

Matt123
01-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Now wouldn't that make things pretty damn interesting... if both were to actually happen then the only thing Sony would have to cling onto would be their Gran Turismo series.

Sammael
01-11-2005, 11:43 AM
Yes that would drastically hurt Sony.

Bakeman
01-11-2005, 11:47 AM
wowzer that would be interesting. And GTA would become a better game :)

Matt123
01-11-2005, 12:26 PM
But I am just not sure if those would really happen... although I think GTA coming to Xbox exclusively would have more chance than Square going to Nintendo, MS would have to offer up a huge chunk of change for Rockstar or whoever owns the rights to actually become an exclusive title.

But yes, if it were actually created from the start for the next Xbox, imagine the possibilities...

Darkside
01-11-2005, 09:00 PM
I bet Square would love to go to nintendo, they just needed a disk system for the n64 and final fantasy would have still been with them.

but if GTA came exclusively to xbox, then there would be an uprising of angry sony fan-boys

Variation-XBA
01-11-2005, 09:23 PM
Can't wait for E3 to hear more stuff like this

LTM360
01-11-2005, 09:25 PM
Acutally, its predicted Square-Enix is ready to produce for Xbox. On IGN it's rumored that Final Fantasy XII will be a launch title for Xbox 2. I sure hope that would be true.

Whisper
01-11-2005, 11:28 PM
although GTA is over-rated.. I can't deny it's market power.. and I would love for rockstar to turn their back on sony and crush their sales.

shrew king
01-12-2005, 12:14 AM
If anything, the Xbox 2 is just going to have a line-up that blows the others away.

We're talking Microsoft here, they don't like to lose, and they've got the money to ensure that they don't.

Variation-XBA
01-12-2005, 12:42 AM
On IGN it's rumored that Final Fantasy XII will be a launch title for Xbox 2. I sure hope that would be true.

It's not, don't hold your beath

AlBoogy
01-12-2005, 09:20 AM
You guys are reading only what you want to read. He used FF and GTA as an example. No more then a sentence later he says "My sources have given me an idea of who will be leaving who, but I can't really say right now. I'm pretty sure I'd get an easily identifiable weapon through the head. (Perhaps that's a hint.)"

So in that quote somewhere, a weapon through the head, is the hint to who he thinks is defecting. Take the fanboy reading glasses off fellas!

Sammael
01-12-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey I said it was all speculation. Just thought it was interesting.

BORNGD
01-12-2005, 12:44 PM
rumors rumors rumors...thats all this is...dont get me wrong, would be cool just to piss off all of the ps2 fan boys

Nameless
01-12-2005, 01:27 PM
And GTA would become a better game :)
I doubt that, it would still be the exact same boring formula.

eskara
01-12-2005, 02:00 PM
I think I am the only one here to prefer certain games on certain consoles. I mean I prefer playing GTA on my PS2 rather Xbox, rather play Final Fantasy on my PS2 than the Nintendo titles. Meh, I will buy all 3 over time so either way im not bothered.

Oh, I think if anything, GTA should go to the Xbox, but Final Fantasy should stay with Sony.

SamSmith
01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
gta isnt even ps2 exclusive, and its all they got.. i got for ps2... it cant handel it.. it wants to be on xbox

Ford Mustang
01-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Must kill Sony. :hail: :hail:

AlBoogy
01-12-2005, 07:54 PM
Hey I said it was all speculation. Just thought it was interesting.

But its not even speculation if you actually read the thing.

DOOM
01-13-2005, 07:03 AM
Sounds cool to me!

hobbsy505
01-16-2005, 04:58 PM
Since I am a former ps2 'fan-boy' as you call them, I dont know how I'd feel having GTA exclusively for the XBOX, even thought I am a XBOX follower now, I still love my ps2, and those long days and nights sitting with GTA3, Vice City and San Andreas are close to my heart. I know a lot of you think the GTA series is bland and perhaps boring, but for PS2 fans, its their gem, it used to be mine. However it is an exciting rumour none the same. Hobbs.

Bakeman
01-16-2005, 06:21 PM
I'm a fan boy.... but I'm not a PS2 fanboy, or a xbox fanboy..

I'm a fanboy of whichever system is going to provide the better game experience. Which to me means if a game comes out on Console A and Console B .. which ever system it looks best on.

The only difference between multiplatform games is the looks.

So I'd be happy for any game to become exclusive to which ever is the better system at the time, because I'm gonna own that system, and that means all the resouces the company has to make the game are going towards making the game the very best it can be on the system.

Cloud Wolf
01-20-2005, 02:25 PM
GTA can be whereva I dont care and FF well we have some killers too.

En7gMa
01-20-2005, 03:57 PM
I hope this is true, because them its pretty much pointless to buy a PS2/3 if the xbox gets the best title on it.

Robflare
01-28-2005, 02:09 PM
If Sony turns out to be as powerful as rumored, wouldn't it make sense for Tecmo/Team Ninja to go over to PS3 next go-around. I bought Ninja Gaiden for the XBOX, but I can't say I would buy it again due to the difficulty and my limited playing time. If they went to PS3 I'm guessing they could sell twice as many copies.

Sammael
01-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Maybe Team Ninja is sticking with Xbox because despite what the morons at EA say, Xbox 2 will be more powerful then PS3.

Robflare
01-28-2005, 02:26 PM
Maybe Team Ninja is sticking with Xbox because despite what the morons at EA say, Xbox 2 will be more powerful then PS3.

I hope you are correct, in the sense that XBOX 2 will hopefully be a really big improvement over the XBOX and that it will equal or exceed the PS3.

Shadow20002
01-28-2005, 03:20 PM
GTA coming to Xbox 2......don't need that.