PDA

View Full Version : xbox needs a high quality force feedback wheel

bob808
01-12-2005, 05:49 PM
I (for one) am dissappointed with the selection of racing wheels available for the xbox. Has anyone tried a third party usb adaptor with one of the logitech force feedback wheels (for the ps2 or pc) ? will it work? When is someone going to make a great wheel with force feedback for xbox? Microsoft and or logitech need to step up. This is probably the only aspect of gaming that the ps2 has the xbox beat. I'm jelous of ps2s logitech $150 racing wheel. Am I alone?

TGTBT
01-16-2005, 02:23 PM
I totally agree. I don't even like racing games unless i can use a wheel. we should band together and force Microsoft to make one!!

bob808
01-16-2005, 03:27 PM
maybe this one will be worthy.

"The power of 3 motors launches you right into the driving seat and lets you feel the gravel and mud on the street. Whatever you do to your car it will give it back to you through the wheel. "Force Shock" is more than Force Effects. It is Force Effects plus vibrations effects combined to give the most realistic feedback to the driver possible. The Force motor makes the wheel turn if you hit something and the two vibration motors will shake the wheel. Try it out with our interactive Flash demonstration at Fanatec.com"

looks alright but I'll have to wait for a review.
I am planning on building a sit down arcade cabinet with an xbox at the heart of the system. This is all dependant on whether or not I can find/adapt a quality force-feedback wheel worthy of the games and the effort that I would have to put into the project to make it authentic and worthwhile. Microsoft makes real nice wheels for the pc, why not xbox?!? I want one with a stick shift too.
*keeping my fingers crossed*

Reclaimer
01-16-2005, 09:27 PM
If I recall correctly, there will be one when Forza comes out.

Piccolo_DBz
01-19-2005, 05:37 PM
I thought Logitech made one for the XBox.....?

bob808
01-19-2005, 06:44 PM
they do. Its the nascar one with vibration feedback.
No stick shift. Not good enough-
Look at logitechs driving force pro for ps2. looks awsome! I want one for the box!!!
does anyone know if there is an adaptor that will work so you could hook up this wheel to the xbox. I think it uses the usb port on the ps2.
You'd think that with all the great racing games for xbox, some one would make a high end force feedback wheel with a stick and pedals. I would buy it. up to $200 if it was really good quality and guaranteed for a long time.