PDA

View Full Version : All things MX Unleashed! (MCM2 also)

MXracer721
01-13-2005, 01:50 AM
Well im really wanting to know who all plays the game, who likes it, who hates it. What you wanna see in the next installment, MX vs. ATV Unleashed. Also post laptimes if you talk about ur favorite tracks, what you liked about Motocross Madness 2. Just whatever...hopefully people post in this haha.

ramprider0
01-13-2005, 02:49 AM
I can't wait for MX vs. ATV Unleashed to come out! I play MX Unleashed like everyday though I got a 54.02 on a 250 at San Diego that took me forever to get.

Prelude670
01-13-2005, 10:22 AM
I was totally addicted to MXU when it was released, after years of MCM2 play. I haven't played as much latley, but getting the itch now with the start of the new Supercross season. (GO RC!!!) I'll be getting the new MXU vs. ATV for sure. There's not many MX games out there, and fewer worth playing, I'll be happy with what Rainbow releases for sure. Speaking of MCM2, apparently there's some mods available online for some new stunts, I haven't checked it out though. Here's a link to a vid that was made with the MCM2 mod. It's kinda cool, but the graphics definatley look dated in comparison to MXU, hope the link works.

Here's a great Motocross Madness 2 Freestyle Movie Film

Large Film ftp://download.motocrosslive.com/gmx/fmx-letsrock.wmv

Small Film ftp://download.motocrosslive.com/gmx/fmx-letsrock-small.wmv

Thanks to Offroad-Zone.de.vu in Germany

MXracer721
01-13-2005, 01:36 PM
wow a 54 sec lap time is really damn good. are you on race or pro physics? my best is 57.xx on that track and i cant find any other ways to go faster. Any tips? And Prelude, i had one of those trick mods for MCM2, and they were frickin sweet. I loved being able to do a 360 in the game. I loved it. I'll post back all my best lap times in a lil bit.

ramprider0
01-13-2005, 02:24 PM
I did it on race physics and its alot faster to quad all those little doubles towards the end of the lap, the ones right before the last little double in front of the whoops. It'll make your laps probably 3-4 secs. faster. I also used to play around with the mods for MCM2 back in the day and I'll have to say that the trick editor was alotta fun to mess around with! But whenever I'd create tricks I really didn't know what I was doing so they didn't look quite as smooth as the ones that the pros made lol.

m4oH
01-13-2005, 03:51 PM
I will be playing this when it comes out but just a forewarning I will most likely suck at it just because I have only WATCHED the 1st one played.

MXracer721
01-14-2005, 08:32 PM
SH*T, i just saw on both ebgames.com and gamestop.com that mx vs atv unleashed has been pushed back a week and is now being released on March 5 (ships the 4th). This sux really bad. Not only is it getting pushed back but its getting released on the day of the St. Louis supercross :mad: Im gonna be in St. Louis ALL DAY. Damn, i dunno if im staying all night in St. Louis or not, but its gonna suck not being able to play it all day. Hopefully I'll get to play it in the pits at the race. I knew it wasnt gonnna get released in Feb.

Viper87227
01-19-2005, 12:09 AM
SH*T, i just saw on both ebgames.com and gamestop.com that mx vs atv unleashed has been pushed back a week and is now being released on March 5 (ships the 4th). This sux really bad. Not only is it getting pushed back but its getting released on the day of the St. Louis supercross :mad: Im gonna be in St. Louis ALL DAY. Damn, i dunno if im staying all night in St. Louis or not, but its gonna suck not being able to play it all day. Hopefully I'll get to play it in the pits at the race. I knew it wasnt gonnna get released in Feb.

LOL, exact same place I am going to be. Doesnt bother me as much since I no longer have xbox, but I will still find a way to play this game. I wish it would come out on PC, but Rainbow seems to no longer have MS's backing, and MCM3 would rule. Until then, I will just keep playing Mototrax on PC, since MCM2 for some reason doesnt run on my system.

Marc_01
01-19-2005, 09:30 PM
The only reason im at this site is because of the original guys that started motocrossmadness2.com start this site.

Can't wait for MX vs ATV.

I'm going to check my time on that track ramp rider and get back with ya! :)

Viper87227
01-19-2005, 10:27 PM
The only reason im at this site is because of the original guys that started motocrossmadness2.com start this site.

Can't wait for MX vs ATV.

I'm going to check my time on that track ramp rider and get back with ya! :)

Haha, you to? I visited MCM2 Central since the day it opened. Hell, I still visit every once and a while, but most of the really good track desiners are retired. I MISS YOU ROCKET!!!!!!!!

Marc_01
01-19-2005, 10:47 PM
Yeah man, same here.

I checked my time and its a 59 with race physics and a 57 with pro. 54 is insane.

ramprider0
01-19-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah man, same here.

I checked my time and its a 59 with race physics and a 57 with pro. 54 is insane.
Thanks I think my friend is insane he's got the fastest lap I know of at San Diego its a 0:53:98 which is like .04 secs faster than me!!! I seriously don't know how he sqeezed that much more speed out of the bike??? I've been trying to beat it for like four months now but I think its he'll be keeping the fastest lap since I don't think I'll beat it before MX vs. ATV Unleashed comes out :D

MXracer721
01-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Thanks I think my friend is insane he's got the fastest lap I know of at San Diego its a 0:53:98 which is like .04 secs faster than me!!! I seriously don't know how he sqeezed that much more speed out of the bike??? I've been trying to beat it for like four months now but I think its he'll be keeping the fastest lap since I don't think I'll beat it before MX vs. ATV Unleashed comes out :D
Thats crazy. There is obviously something I am missing out on. That last rhythem section before the last whoops (rhythem, turn right double, right turn, whoops, finish line) I jump 5 in, then triple triple. Is that the same section you talked about quading earlier? Also, where else do you think you make up your time? Three seconds to me seems impossible, but thats what i thought about my lap times on MCM2 before i played online and got smoked. Also, it just may be that race physics are that much faster because of corner speed. Race physics dont allow the back of the bike slide out like it does on pro so you can keep your speed up much easier (i prefer pro because you can turn sharper).

Marc_01
01-20-2005, 08:20 AM
We are missing something on that track. 3 seconds somewhere. That last section I try and keep low so I go 3, 3, 3, 2.

Anyone know if M vs A will have scoreboards?

ramprider0
01-20-2005, 04:51 PM
Its hard to describe but I only jump a total of 3 times in the section before the last double. And I do use race physics because I can carry alot more corner speed with it. I wish I knew how to compress DVD to WMV so I could put it on the internet somehow.

Viper87227
01-20-2005, 06:32 PM
Sorry to go off topic on your guys, but I have a question for you MXRacer. Being in the area, did you go to the FMX in Chicago?

Prelude670
01-21-2005, 10:43 AM
While we're on the subject, does anyone use these cheats? Most are obvious, but what the heck is the AI Bowling? I put it in, but I don't see any differences anywhere. What am I missing/doing wrong? What is it? Where is it? Thanx!!!

Unlock AI Bowling, type "WRECKINGBALL"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlock Career Competition, type "CLAPPEDOUT"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unlock 500cc bike, type "BIGDOGS"

Unlock 50cc bike, type "SQUIRRELDOG"

Unlock all machines, type "MINIGAMES"

Unlock Expert AI, type "OBTGOFAST"

Unlock Pro Physics, type "SWAPPIN"

Unlock Freestyle tracks, type "BUSTBIG"

Unlock National tracks, type "ECONATION"

Unlock Supercross tracks, type "STUPERCROSS"

MXracer721
01-24-2005, 09:13 PM
Sorry to go off topic on your guys, but I have a question for you MXRacer. Being in the area, did you go to the FMX in Chicago?
No i didnt. I am gonna go to a fmx sometime, its on my list of things to do. I go to the St. Louis supercross every year, i'm about the same distance form Chi-town and St. Louis. I may also go to Indianapolis for the supercross if the series gets to where i wont know who will win. But a FMX will come up sooner or later, i wanna see a backflip in person. Also i really wanna see the good ol whip contest. Twitch and Renner have the coolest looking ones. Wow i could talk MX for hours haha.

MXracer721
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
While we're on the subject, does anyone use these cheats? Most are obvious, but what the heck is the AI Bowling? I put it in, but I don't see any differences anywhere. What am I missing/doing wrong? What is it? Where is it? Thanx!!!
I dunnno what it is either. I do rmember coming across a single bowling lane on one of the freestyle levels but i havent been able to find it again? I wonder if the code has anything to do with that? Also does anyone know where the bowling lane im talking about is?