PDA

View Full Version : People shouldn't be knocking Wreckless so much.

studepaber
02-07-2002, 06:59 PM
I bought this game today, and what I have played thus far it's a blast. I decided to buy this even though I have read many negative reviews on other websites mostly. Perhaps the problem here was that the game didn't live up to the EXTREME hype that had formed prior to its release. This doesn't make the game bad!!! It excels in many ways, and in some ways it can be improved but that's the point of sequels. You must not be smoking the right stuff if you don't enjoy this. :)

X-Factor
02-07-2002, 07:49 PM
People are entitled to their own opinion. If they want to knock on Wreckless, that's their choice.

studepaber
02-08-2002, 06:24 PM
Lol I know, but it makes me feel guilty about spending my hard earned money on negatively reviewed games, ha.

XERO
02-10-2002, 06:42 AM
i had no idea as to the concept behind the game, from the ads i thought it was going to be s SPYHUNTER type of game. actually it is alot like Super Runabout for the DC....what i have been able to play is very enjoyable, but i am finding the controll a little sloppy and the misssions hard....a welcome addition the my Xbox library.

Snoopy7548
02-10-2002, 03:39 PM
ill rent it, i heard that its pretty short, and i was really looking forward to a free roam mode

studepaber
02-15-2002, 06:29 PM
ok after playing Wreckless for more than a week I have grown a little tired of it, I agree there needs to be a free roaming mode included in the game. I will most likely trade it in when more games come out at the end of the month and in March. This was a good game, don't get me wrong, but I think now that I would only recommend to people interested in the game to rent it, it's too short for my liking.

By the way who plans on getting Crash when it comes out? Anyone see the movies? What's the date on this one I can't wait?!?!? :)

Rock2
02-21-2002, 07:14 PM
I like it

StudioAlex
02-21-2002, 08:36 PM
I think I'll go sell my piece of crap Batman game and pick it up.

FuNkY mOnK
02-22-2002, 07:17 AM
This game is a little of everything, smugglers run, gta3, crazy taxi, what I like, I get to see the future of the xbox graphics. The citys are in amazing detail.

ScorpionX
03-01-2002, 03:11 PM
wreckless is by far the worst game out on xbox and could have been good and I expected it to. Im glad I rented it.

Loner
03-01-2002, 04:00 PM
i recommend renting it before picking it up. its not a bad game but it should have been worked on a bit more before it was released. i wont be buying this one.

Snoopy7548
03-01-2002, 05:59 PM
it was fun, the mission where you have to get the plutonium and stuff is so impossible, i just gave up after about 50 tries, i mean how do they expect us to do it in like 3 minutes? i got so frustrated, i just quit. missions shouldnt be that hard, they should only be that hard if you put it on the hardest difficulty.

hellfire
03-02-2002, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by ratm1mj7
wreckless is by far the worst game out on xbox and could have been good and I expected it to. Im glad I rented it.

That's harsh! - *section deleted by moderator* Anyways, I think the worste game on xbox is by far Kabuki Warriors, although i though Obi-Wan had reekness to the 3rd power as well.

FuNkY mOnK
03-02-2002, 05:07 PM
Like I stated before wreckless might not be a great game but at least it takes advantage of the xbox power plant, which sets new standards for nothing less.

hellfire
03-02-2002, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
Like I stated before wreckless might not be a great game but at least it takes advantage of the xbox power plant, which sets new standards for nothing less.

True, but the old cliche - graphics aren't everything - games are, and good games with mediocre graphics are much better then crappy games with good graphics.

FuNkY mOnK
03-02-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by hellfire

True, but the old cliche - graphics aren't everything - games are, and good games with mediocre graphics are much better then crappy games with good graphics.
Xbox with the right talent can achieve the best of both worlds, and I think project ego, morrowind, & enclave will be the force to be reckoned with.

hellfire
03-02-2002, 06:03 PM
No arguments there - Hope that Morrowind rox, I was upset they delayed it, but hopefully it is because they want the game to be perfect when it does come out.

goingwreckless
03-02-2002, 08:42 PM
yes i have bought this game to and i have beaten it but it is fun as crap i have gotten all cars. but what is really fun is getting tank-90 and going to mission a-4 and shoot the tracter with one shot and you automatically beat it just go to the place also drive around cities causing a lot of damage with monster truck

reggielama
03-04-2002, 08:05 AM
I've read reviews both good and bad, so I bought it anyway. Like any other game, you have to get used to the physics. It's a blast and the replays are incredible. Needs free roaming, but at least my Xbox GPU stays in shape every time I play this game.

smack119
03-05-2002, 10:33 AM
i thought the game was dumb. i was all hyped up to buy it thinking it would rock..... i rented it (i get free rentals all the time, good way to try all the games) i got it home played it for like 30 mins......then never touched it for the rest of the 5 days. to me it just seemed lame, just crashing it people. it had nice graphics, but for me it just got old quick. some people might love it, im just simply saying it wasnt my type of game. im more of a rpg guy, although i have been playing tapout non stop for 4 days now.

i agree kabuki was the worst ever... not this game. it isnt horrible. although i did like obi-wan. that could be just cuz i have always wanted a lightsabre game done the way they did it. but i dont think obi was a great game either. it was just another game.

Woocifer
03-08-2002, 12:42 PM
I found Wreckless to be boring and quick. I wanted it to be a lot longer like Driver was. Anyway that aside(as I do hate this game), I don't see what is so good about the graphics. A lot of the time the graphics are fuzzy looking, like they made certain things in hi-res and certain things stretched to hi-res.

The pink buggy has a lot of fuzz around it. Now I'm not talking about the heat waves or distortion in the air...I found the graphics to just be crap! They look fuzzy. I don't think it is at all hi-res.

Take a look at Rallisport. That game is hi-res. It also looks phenominal. The only problems I've see are the jaggies on the cars and the kinda cheesey particle system with dirt.

But Wreckless? looks muddy, dirty and fuzzy... I would have looked past that no problem if the game was longer, less aggrivating and well lets face it...the cut scenes were HORRIBLE. I don't get the excitment over it..

How is this game like GTA3 anyway? Who came up with that? It's NOTHING like that game.... its so Super Runabout mixed with a little bit of Driver. That's all it is. STOP TRYING TO MAKE HORRIBLE COMPARISSONS...look at all the poor little fanboys who went and bought this game hahaha ;) And now they wasted their money...what are they going to do when they want to get UFC? Sell their copy of Raw and Obi Wan?