PDA

View Full Version : Last Issue of Xbox Nation

Flood
01-14-2005, 12:51 PM
so i just got done reading the last issue on XBN and on the last page above little pictures of each cover of all the back issues, it says "we'll be back"...

does anyone else find this puzzling?

m4oH
01-14-2005, 01:30 PM
so i just got done reading the last issue on XBN and on the last page above little pictures of each cover of all the back issues, it says "we'll be back"...

does anyone else find this puzzling?
No you are teh only one you qu33r!11!one!! :p Ya actually I found it a little odd. :confused:

lllusion
01-14-2005, 01:40 PM
yea, i liked this magazine i do hope they come back

MixMasta
01-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Yea we already have a last XBN thread......Doom 3 review n00b...jk.

Man my free subscription went for like 3 more years, this is a bummer. :(

GuiltySpark
01-14-2005, 02:43 PM
It's not actually cancelled. They've made an official statement saying that the cancellation was a rumor. It is actually moving to a quarterly subscription. Which sucks majorly but at least it's not gone forever. They say that the reason is because Xbox is nearing the end of it's life and they don't feel like they have enough content to fill up a whole magazine every month. I wish I could remember the source, sorry...

EDIT: Ok, my opinion has changed a little. I just tried to access my customer service through Ziff Davis and I got:

Your transaction could not be processed because of the following errors:

* We're sorry, this publication is no longer served by this service bureau.

So, who knows....

Flood
01-14-2005, 10:53 PM
Yea we already have a last XBN thread......Doom 3 review n00b...jk.

Man my free subscription went for like 3 more years, this is a bummer. :(

who you calling a n00b?? you better step back man! hehe j/k

i suck....i missed the thread cause i havent been on here in a while, and i just got the issue in the mail yesterday...oh well

Reclaimer
01-15-2005, 12:48 AM
Well, they were a bi-monthly magazine for starters.. not montly.

Anyway, they said they'll be back? I haven't gotten the recent one yet. I had a 2 year free sub. Maybe there being picked up by a new publisher after Ziff gave them the boot.

Brevity
01-15-2005, 06:29 PM
They were a good mag I sure hope that they hold up. But to me the Xbox is all but dead so I can see why there is little to know intrest in a mag totaly dedicated to it. Hell OXM is down to like a page or a page and a half of content now isnt it? Thats down from their all time high of like 10 pages of content. That dam mag is a joke and if were not for MS keeping them afloat they would have been gone long ago. I hate OXM.

SamSmith
01-15-2005, 07:58 PM
MS has no part in oxm... other than some liscences, the publisher of the mag is the one with financial support for it...

Douchesforfun
01-15-2005, 10:52 PM
you told them all I was crazy, now I'm an amputey god damn you.

Shade One
01-31-2005, 12:16 AM
XBN is such a better mag than that rag OXM. XBN was written for readers looking for content not children looking for screen shots and ads. I went on the www.1up.com website looking for answers and got, "This publication is currently suspended"." You can get a customer service # to call. I have 6 months left on my subscription. I am going to try and get them to send me something else they publish like EGM. Im sorry to see it go. You can't beat tha demo disc from OXM though. Is it me or have the discs been getting much better lately? The Live enabled demo's are great.

rezdogg15
02-03-2005, 12:58 PM
theres a xbox mag called xbox nation i never heard of that mag before

SamSmith
02-03-2005, 02:26 PM
i get oxm for the discs