PDA

View Full Version : Do My Interview #7 Rainbow Six: Lock Down

Reclaimer
01-14-2005, 08:52 PM
OK, here it is. Please follow the rules and format as I indicated with Star Wars Republic Commando. The idea is to allow the members to ask Ubi Soft questions pertaining to their upcoming game RS: Lockdown.
Make sure word your questions so they can't be answered with just a yes or now, no sarcastic comments, and your grammar counts towards submission.
Each member can submit up to two questions. I'll pick from what I have and submi those questions. Just because you put two in won't mean I'll take both, but I migh depending on the questions I get.

Do not let the opportunity pass up to ask a direct question to a game developer. You want your voice heard, here's the chance. Like in the other games I do like this, I'll include your name age and location if you follow the format I provided.

Please note that once this is done, like always, it takes awhile for the interview to get responded too. Generally companies will wait until before the game is released before responding and sending it back. However they only like to receive the interviews around a certain timeframe.
Here's your chance to participate and do my job for a change.

CMX Jedi
01-15-2005, 12:01 PM
Jedi ,age 17 from MI
what changes have you made to gameplay from the previous games?
(i'll think of another one later)

Snowblind
01-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Snowblind, age 16 from Seattle, WA asks:

This "create-an-operative" mode; will it be in single player as well as multiplayer? If so, how will the single player version differ from the multiplayer one?

Flood
01-15-2005, 05:27 PM
Flood, age 22 from Buffalo,NY asks:
Are there any plans to package the original Rainbow Six 3 and the expansion discs together at a special packaged price, like a box set packaged with a bonus disc or a t-shirt, for those who want to get into the series but would rather buy all the games at once rather than buying 3 seperate games?

SamSmith
01-15-2005, 08:05 PM
sam, age 16 from dublin, ireland asks:

what is it you seek to achieve in the R6 brand?? is it realism? action? a compelling story or multiplayer?

Echoes
01-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Echoes, age 14 from Texas, asks:

Is there a online mode? If so, what can we expect from it?

SamSmith
01-16-2005, 04:34 PM
Echoes, age 14 from Texas, asks:

Is there a online mode? If so, what can we expect from it?

that goes without saying, this game is popular because of online play...

lllusion
01-16-2005, 05:00 PM
Mike, 17 , Miami Fl.

I like long walks on the beach, But What have you guys Done to this game to prevent cheaters from returning again? Will we get better response time on Bug patches?

mrmp3
01-17-2005, 03:14 PM
mrmp3, 17, NY

1) Have you added any more options in terms of server hosting (i.e. assigning adminstrators, banning any weapon of your choosing, vote kick players on/off, etc.)?

2) There were many issues in terms of lean-glitching and in terms of the netcode. Have both been improved? If so, is the netcode gonna make a game as lag free as 90% of my Halo 2 games?

WillyV2
01-21-2005, 05:35 PM
Robert, age 17, Nova Scotia, Canada asks:

Can we expect some maps that aren't extremely large, but still offer some good close quarter combat?

Can players expect to see some interactive enviroments and possibly a little destruction?

Reclaimer
01-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Keep the questions coming, guys. I have some stuff to use here, but I need more.
This is your time to interrogate Ubi Soft.

trabucles
01-22-2005, 10:34 AM
Trabucles, Age 20, Puebla,Mexico ;

1. Talking about single player, the character I choose will have any special abilities from others, or all characters will perform the same way?.
2. If they do have especial abilities, will they be enabled/useful on live/lan gameplay?

*Special abilities such as better aiming, faster reload time, walkin-running faster, jumping, 2 primary weapons, able to hear enemy conversations, camouflage, x-ray vision or flying being invisible and spitting fire.

TOTTEN
01-22-2005, 02:07 PM
Brandon Totten, age 15 Vallejo California.
How much better will the weapon selection be in RS4 compared to RS3?
Will the M8 be included in the game?

AlphaCigara
01-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Mark, age 17 from OH asks

My favorite game type in the previous Rainbow Xbox titles was Cooperative play. Playing with 3 buds on live and going through missions was always a blast. Will this return, and if so, will you make any noticable improvements to satisfy the co-op fans like myself?

Also, props to Flood, Totten, and triple l usion for the killer questions

LTM360
01-24-2005, 06:11 PM
Mark, age 17 from OH asks

My favorite game type in the previous Rainbow Xbox titles was Cooperative play. Playing with 3 buds on live and going through missions was always a blast. Will this return, and if so, will you make any noticable improvements to satisfy the co-op fans like myself?

Also, props to Flood, Totten, and triple l usion for the killer questions

If Co-op ain't there; screw the game. :p

Lonnie, agre 16 from Ohio asks:
How much military/swat research has gone into Rainbow Six 4, if any?

Will Rainbow Six 4's story incorperate anything that is currently going on in Real-World affairs?

Mr Incognit0
02-08-2005, 05:05 PM
incognito, age 21, Toronto Canada

From the screenshots, all the huds look somewhat obstructing, will there be an option to turn the goggle effect and information on and off?

In the trailer I saw I noticed that when the gun was being aimed with iron sights, the reticule/crosshair was still there, defeating the purpose of iron sights. Will this be changed before the release ? Will there be an option to turn the reticule completely off
to utilize the iron sight feature ?

How does the weapon buying sytem work?

Will guns be customizeable ie. scopes, supressors,lights, red dots etc. ...?

Can we expect download content of previous maps and new ones ?

Reclaimer
02-10-2005, 10:24 PM
Thanks guys, this interview is complete and in the process of being submitted to Ubi Soft. I did have to make a few small changes. But thanks for participating and taking the opportunity to have your questions answered directly by Ubi Soft.

So, here's what it's going to look like:

1. Jedi, age 17 from MI asks:
What changes have you made to game play from the previous games?

2. Snowblind, age 16 from Seattle, WA asks:
This "create-an-operative" mode; will it be in single player as well as multiplayer? If so, how will the single player version differ from the multiplayer one?

3. Flood, age 22 from Buffalo, NY asks:
Are there any plans to package the original Rainbow Six 3 and the expansion discs together at a special packaged price, like a box set packaged with a bonus disc or a t-shirt, for those who want to get into the series but would rather buy all the games at once rather than buying 3 separate games?

4. Sam, age 16 from Dublin, Ireland asks:
What is it you seek to achieve in the R6 brand?? Is it realism? Action? A compelling story or multiplayer?

5. Echoes, age 14 from Texas, asks:
Is there an online mode? If so, what can we expect from it?

6. Mike, age 17, from Miami, Florida asks:
What have you guys done to this game to prevent cheaters from returning again? Will we get better response time on Bug patches?

7. Mrmp3, age 17 from NY asks:

8. Have you added any more options in terms of server hosting (i.e. assigning administrators, banning any weapon of your choosing, vote kick players on/off, etc.)?

9. There were many issues in terms of lean-glitching in terms of the net code. Have both been improved? If so, is the net code going to make a game as lag free as 90% of as many current Xbox Live games are?

Robert, age 17 from Nova Scotia, Canada asks:
10. Can we expect some maps that aren't extremely large, but still offer some good close quarter combat?

11. Can players expect to see some interactive environments and possibly a little destruction?

Trabucles, age 20 from Puebla Mexico asks:
12. Talking about single player, the character I choose will have any special abilities from others, or all characters will perform the same way?

13. If they do have special abilities, will they be enabled/useful on live/LAN game play?

Brandon Totten, age 15 from Vallejo California asks:
14. How much better will the weapon selection be in RS4 compared to RS3?

15. Will the M8 gun be included in the game?

Mark, age 17 from Ohio asks:
16. My favorite game type in the previous Rainbow Xbox titles was Cooperative play. Playing with 3 buds on live and going through missions was always a blast. Will this return?

17. Will you make any noticeable improvements to satisfy the co-op fans like myself?

Lonnie, age 16 from Ohio asks:
18. How much military/SWAT research has gone into Rainbow Six 4, if any?

19. Will Rainbow Six 4's story incorporate anything that is currently going on in Real-World affairs?

Incognito, age 21 from Toronto, Canada asks:
20. From the screenshots, all the H.U.D.'s look somewhat obstructing; will there be an option to turn the goggle effect and information on and off?

21. In the trailer I noticed that when the gun was being aimed with iron sights, the reticule/crosshair was still there, defeating the purpose of iron sights. Will this be changed before the release? Will there be an option to turn the reticule completely off to utilize the iron sight feature?

22. How does the weapon buying system work?

23. Will guns be customizable? Such as scopes, suppressors, lights, red dots and other upgrades?

24. Can we expect download content of previous maps and new ones?

Reclaimer-XBA, age 29 from Houston TX asks:
25. What can we expect in terms on enemy artificial intelligence?

26. Has there been any upgrades to the computer controlled squad mate’s artificial intelligence in the off line story mode?

On behalf of Xboxaddict.com, I'd like to thank Ubi Soft for taking the time to answer the questions of our members about your upcoming Xbox game: Rainbow Six: Lockdown.
---------------------------------

When I'll get it back completed, I don't know. But Ubi has a 100% record for responding to my interviews.

WillyV2
02-11-2005, 01:42 PM
There all good questions, it's going to be interesting on what they have to say

BananaMan
02-11-2005, 03:03 PM
i know that i missed the deadline to submit a question but seriously what were they thinking with those graphics? did they let a blind kid go loose on that thing?

ll Mista GT ll
02-11-2005, 03:47 PM
i know that i missed the deadline to submit a question but seriously what were they thinking with those graphics? did they let a blind kid go loose on that thing?

Wat you talking about boy?

Reclaimer
02-16-2005, 07:41 PM
I wanted to let you guys know that Ubi Soft has just amazed me by sending me back the Lock Down interview answered.
Look for it on the main page in a few days. I just don't understand why they blew off Flood's question. They just left it blank.

Mr Incognit0
02-17-2005, 01:44 PM
wicked, thx reclaimer