Chicago Inforcer - 2.0/10
The Punisher - 6.8/10
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf - 8.4/10
GunGriffon: Allied Strike - 5.0/10

GOTY Awards:
Controller Throwing Moment of the Year - Alma Boss Fight in Ninja Gaiden
Top Party Game - Karaoke Revolution
Best Art Direction - Ninja Gaiden
Best Driving Game - Burnout 3 ... "but for best straightforward racing game" - TOCA 2
Best Action/Adventure Game - Ninja Gaiden
Best Story - Breakdown
Best Developer - Pandemic
Best RPG in a non-RPG game - Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Worst Use of a Movie Liscence - Bad Boys II...congradulations!
Best RPG - Star Wars: KOTOR II: The Sith Lords
Best Fighting Game - Dead or Alive: Ultimate
Please Kill this Genre Award - Vietnam War games
Please expand this Genre Award - Mind Control...PSYCHONAUTS IS COMING!!!
Best Sports Game - Fight Night 2004
Bad Timing Award - Tenchu: Return from Darkness
Snail's Pace Award: Mio & Mayu (Fatal Frame II)
Best Download of the Year - Ninja Gaiden Hurrican Packs Volume I & II
Virtual Man of the Year - Rid****
Most Dissapointing Moment of 2004 - the ending of Halo 2.
Virtual It of the Year - The Arbitor (Halo 2)
Worst Song in a Game - "Riders in the Storm" (NFSU 2)
Virtual Woman of the Year - Maya (Yourself!Fitness)
Most Addictive Game - Ultra Bust-A-Move
Best Dialogue (Shakespeare Category) - Chronicles of Rid****
Best Dialogue (Showgirls Category) - Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Best Multiplayer Game - Halo 2
Game of the Year 2004 - Halo 2 - "Halo 2 is a work of gaming art" - great single player and an even more amazing multiplayer.

Demos
Star Wars: Republic Commando
MechAssault 2 (Live enabled)
Iron Phoenix (Live enabled)
Ghost Recon 2
EA FIFA 2005 (Live enabled)
Greg Hastings Paintball

...also there's a cool Psychonauts video...and the Halo 2 main theme track is downloadable & Full Spectrum Warrior Epilogue 2 is also downloadable.
Let me guess, the Republic Commando demo on the OXM disc is exactly the same as the one on KOTOR II. But anyway, if OXM is going to make Live enabled demos then atleast include a single player demo as well or something. Note: My Live account just deciesed:cry:, otherwise I wouldn't ***** at all.

MXracer721
01-15-2005, 01:54 AM
worst song is "riders on the storm" pshh... That song was freaking awesome!

Casper
01-15-2005, 09:51 AM
Yea, that's a given - how the hell can they pick that one out of all the crap I've heard on games this year? Wow....

mattgame
01-15-2005, 11:43 AM
Sounds like a great issue. Did they start using the hard cases for the demos again?

Snowblind
01-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Sounds like a great issue. Did they start using the hard cases for the demos again?

Depends. If you buy it off of newstands then it should have the hard case.

DemonLoki
01-15-2005, 05:12 PM
"Controller Throwing Moment of the Year - Alma Boss Fight in Ninja Gaiden" :hail:

TheWheelMan
01-15-2005, 05:39 PM
How do you people have the febuary issue so quick i just got my copy of the january issue like 2 weeks ago it said it was suppose to be on newstands on the 28th of december but it wasnt on until like the 6th or 7th of january

SamSmith
01-15-2005, 08:01 PM
why do mags bring out their issues about 2 months before the date??? i got january issues of mags in november, its wierd...

mattgame
01-15-2005, 09:43 PM
They are talking about the first Alma fight right? That was a pain in the ass.

DemonLoki
01-16-2005, 01:58 AM
They are talking about the first Alma fight right? That was a pain in the ass.
Yeah, second was easy, but that first one made u learn how to predict her, and how to control your self (played on highest difficulty first time- made game more fun I think) I have a mark on my controller from hitting it on the tv-

Has anyone played the Iron Pheonix yet-impressions ?

kenji
01-18-2005, 09:41 PM
The Lone Wolf demo isn't just on live. They have a mission also. It was kinda fun, nothing special, but on Live, I think that the game would be pretty awesome.

Jade Empire is said to be due in April. Hopefully it's true, 'cause I'm just waiting for that game for now.

mattgame
01-18-2005, 09:50 PM
How about Republic Commando?

Ninjermy
01-18-2005, 09:53 PM
Yea how was Star Wars?? Also Greg Hasting's looked pretty awesome!

Snowblind
01-18-2005, 10:05 PM
The Republic Commando demo is the same on OXM as it was on KOTOR II. It was alright for a FPS.

kenji
01-18-2005, 10:18 PM
Star Wars Republic Commando was kinda entertaining. I didn't think that it was anything special. The gun you have seems weak against anything other than a standard droid, so I threw more grenades than I shot. Commanding your squad is fun, but you can only do it in set places and times. I dunno. It's nothing special.

Greg Hasting Paintball was blah. I played, I shot/got shot, captured the flag, and... yea. Nothing entertaining enough to buy, even rent. I guess I was wrong about this game, but maybe the actual game is better, though if that is what a typical match is like, I doubt it.

mattgame
01-19-2005, 08:19 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I gotta go find out who has the Feb issue by me.

AlphaCigara
01-19-2005, 07:08 PM
Thats a pretty high score for NBA Street...i'll ask my bro to check it out, he's into those games

hebgbz
01-19-2005, 07:12 PM
This issue does absolutely nothing for me. I'll pass. Now, if they had an Oddworld demo...

mattgame
01-20-2005, 06:17 PM
This issue does absolutely nothing for me. I'll pass. Now, if they had an Oddworld demo...

Did it at least make your nipples erect? :)

Wolfboy_888
01-20-2005, 07:15 PM

AGREED ...but the most freaking awesome song of all time in video games is that "In the Night" one and "American Ranger" in Phantasy Star Online..

Shade One
01-31-2005, 12:27 AM
The Star Wars Demo was good but not long enough...and enough of the squad shooters. Is anyone else tired of babysitting other artificially uninteligent clones in good shooters? Anyone that likes a first person shooter in an outerspace sci-fi backdrop (sound familiar...) will dig it. Is it me or are the demo discs getting better?

thrAsher
01-31-2005, 11:48 AM
You can play as the Beastie Boys in the new NBA Street. That, and the online multi, make it worth a peek to me. Glad to hear they didn't murder Dai Senrayku. I need a good strategy game. My issue should be here any day...

MerimacHamwich
01-31-2005, 12:46 PM
Wow, am I actually going to buy an OXM for once? Seems like it. :)