PDA

View Full Version : Halo sucks

Dar
02-08-2002, 01:38 AM
I can't say that I'm a big fan of Halo. There's just something missing from the game. I can't follow what's going on most of the time and the sound is horrible. The talking goes from loud to soft and I can't always hear what is being said. I don't know, there is just something awfully frustrating about this game and I can't put my finger on it.:)

Durden-XBA
02-08-2002, 02:46 AM
Maybe that you're no good at involved FPSs?

JJaX
02-08-2002, 09:06 AM
maybe you shouldnt play Halo on a 10" Black & white Television......

shererboat
02-08-2002, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by JJaX
maybe you shouldnt play Halo on a 10" Black & white Television......

hahahahahahha!!!:eek: :eek:

Toonz
02-08-2002, 09:25 AM
LoL you read my mind JJax. The only thing that I can see anyone hating about HALO is the controls if you are use to the mouse and keyboard. If you give it a honest 5-10 hours though I bet you'll find you will feel totally in control and forget you are using a joystick. By the time I got to the flood levels if I played in the dark I felt I was in the game and started to have **** dreams about being there in my sleep.

JJaX
02-08-2002, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Toonz
LoL you read my mind JJax. The only thing that I can see anyone hating about HALO is the controls if you are use to the mouse and keyboard.

I play a lot of FPS with the Mouse + Keyboard. I caught onto halo controls in about 5 minutes. All i need to do was invert.

shererboat
02-08-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

I play a lot of FPS with the Mouse + Keyboard. I caught onto halo controls in about 5 minutes. All i need to do was invert.

right on Jax, thats why they have custom control figurations in the first place, so u can MAKE the controls suit ur game play......

jvpunk21
02-08-2002, 10:18 AM
There must be something seriously deficient about your sound system or television. I thought the graphics, gameplay, and sound was great until I set it up with a 5.1 dolby system. That basically made it the greatest game out so far. It is unbelievable. Soemtimes the story line is a bit weird, but I love it for the challenge and the AI on the harder levels. The premium is on tactics. Oh ya I didnt mention that multiplayer over a network and gamespy is unbelievable. I think you need to play it a little more DAR. Just my 2 cents.

Masta Chief
02-08-2002, 05:49 PM
If you think halo sucks, you are not worthy of the XBOX greatness:D

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 06:02 PM
Halo, hands down, is the best FPS game known to man. It's, by far, the best game on the system. I'm a HUGE fan of Halo...and I have 10 games...9 of them are shelved because of Halo. I even have a couple games that haven't reached my XBox yet because of this bad ass game!

nik2deep
02-08-2002, 06:06 PM
lemm guess...the person who started this thread is Corky from life goes on? wy don't you just do someone a favor..sell your xbox on e-bay and go back to playing ***station or lamecube...AND GET OUT OF OUR FORUMS!!!!!

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by nik2deep
lemm guess...the person who started this thread is Corky from life goes on? wy don't you just do someone a favor..sell your xbox on e-bay and go back to playing ***station or lamecube...AND GET OUT OF OUR FORUMS!!!!!

EXACTLY! :mad:

I can't stand gamer-wannabees

nik2deep
02-08-2002, 06:10 PM
i just found a picture of the guy who started this thread.....
http://www.uglypeople.com/uglycelebs/html/up-celebs-00012.htm

nik2deep
02-08-2002, 06:11 PM
sorry...

click here to see his pic (http://www.uglypeople.com/uglycelebs/html/up-celebs-00012.htm)

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 06:14 PM
BWHAAHAHA!! Nice, NIK!!! Here's what he looked like when he was younger:

http://www.mh18.com/mh18/images/Standard/dork.jpg

BiohazardEHW
02-08-2002, 09:30 PM
Halo does not suck by any means...and the voices get louder when you are closer to the people...duh

and I like Red Faction (for the PC) a little better than Halo...I dunno why, its just awesome, Geo-Mod, and the missions are way better...but thats just me i guess...

shererboat
02-09-2002, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by Maximus
BWHAAHAHA!! Nice, NIK!!! Here's what he looked like when he was younger:

http://www.mh18.com/mh18/images/Standard/dork.jpg

hey i know this kid!!.......he cut my grass last summer,lol!!!

monkeyman
02-10-2002, 11:29 AM
poor retarted child:(

animo47
02-23-2002, 11:16 AM
anyone who owns an xbox and doesn't like halo should be executed by firing squad.:(

xtr0n187
02-24-2002, 10:35 AM
I JUST got Halo....and all i can say is oh my gosh! I just brought it with my xbox to my friends house last night and we played it straight till about 10 at night to 8 in the morning. The game we both agreed ROCKED especially with a friend. The Warthog was truly a great video game experience and my friend kept wanting to go play levels where he can rock some fishtails with a warthog. I cant beleive that i just got this game and i waited so long. I must agree if you own an xbox...YOU MUST ON HALO. Halo to me had great music , graphics kicked ass and the plot and controls were out of this world. It had a "heavy metal" or "titan a.e." kind of feel to it . Very refreshing experience in a genre (FPS) that treads on the overused and tired. HALO is a 9.5 from a scale 1-10.

Plewis
02-24-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by xtr0n187
I JUST got Halo....and all i can say is oh my gosh! I just brought it with my xbox to my friends house last night and we played it straight till about 10 at night to 8 in the morning. The game we both agreed ROCKED especially with a friend. The Warthog was truly a great video game experience and my friend kept wanting to go play levels where he can rock some fishtails with a warthog. I cant beleive that i just got this game and i waited so long. I must agree if you own an xbox...YOU MUST ON HALO. Halo to me had great music , graphics kicked ass and the plot and controls were out of this world. It had a "heavy metal" or "titan a.e." kind of feel to it . Very refreshing experience in a genre (FPS) that treads on the overused and tired. HALO is a 9.5 from a scale 1-10.

what happened to the last .5?

xtr0n187
02-24-2002, 09:31 PM
Plewis Ill save the last ".5" for the sequel if ever they made one. But I think giving it a 9.5 is fair for what it offers , I havent even tried multiplayer on it yet. Unfortunately I dont have broadband, but my friend has a cable modem. So ill most likely bring my xbox over there and try it. I think if I tell him theres a Warthog in the multiplay levels hell hook it up!

The Terminator
02-25-2002, 07:57 PM
Halo is not the God of all FPS games that everyone makes it out to be, it's just a d*mn good one. However, the lack of weapons really brings the fun-factor down after awhile. And if you're like me, and like the human weaps, you'll be disappointed after awhile, b/c you find yourself using a plasma rifle about 90% of the time.

Other than that, the game is awesome.

mrmp3
02-25-2002, 10:58 PM
Actually in 1 player I almost always find myself never using covenant weapons. I use the Assault Rifle, the Pistol, and the Rocket Launcher (sometimes the sniper rifle). In multiplayer, just put on weapon set to "human" if you are sick of covenant weapons. I wish there was a way to have all human weapons, but still have plasma grenades. Oh well you can always hope for more multiplayer options in the sequel. Signing off...