PDA

View Full Version : Morrowind... WhybuyontheBox?

Durden-XBA
02-08-2002, 01:42 AM
Why would anyone want to buy Morrowind on the XBox when we know that the PC version will be superior?

I mean, I'd like to get it on XBox, but when I realized that the game wasn't exclusive to it, I figured why not get it on PC?

Am I right? Or is there a flaw in my thinking?

Please Respond
:confused:

Toonz
02-08-2002, 09:19 AM
Why will it be superior on the PC ? I read and I could be wrong here though that morrowind is about 60 hours if go straight for the ending, however if I am remembering right its gonna be like 160 hours if you take on all the side quests. I have never played a rpg before so I don't know if these are realistic numbers for this sort of game. Morrowind will be my first and if these types of numbers alone ring true I'd much rather be playin that long from the comfort of my couch than at my computer desk. I don't see how a PC could make it much better anyways. I am not really one for mods for example because 1/2 the time they are very amateurish anyways.

XBOX Dude
02-08-2002, 10:52 AM
there both the same except the pc version has a level builder and it will probably look worse then the box unless you got a high end pc

Bundy
02-08-2002, 11:04 AM
I will be getting it on the xbox since my pc will not run the pc version. Plus i beleive the xbox version will be more stable.

TheCovenant
02-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Both versions are going to be relativly the same, except the xbox might have better third person controls ( for me anyways), but since this is the first title for all those RPG fan boys ( im one of them:) ) i think if you have an xbox and you like rpgs, definitly get this one on the xbox.....un less your still getting countless hours on halo....(i am, that lan multiplayer will never get old)

Crazy Joe
02-22-2002, 04:06 PM
ya, my pc isn't good enough, but that level builder would be enough make someone buy for PC i think, sounds pretty awesome, building your own towns, making own NPC's, everything, that kicks ass

GRAVEDIGGER
02-24-2002, 10:06 PM
If i do indeed get Morrowwind, which i probably will, it would be a total waste to have it on my PC, because like some folks in here stated, if you PC doesnt run with a Kick ass Graphics card then, your ass is outta luck!!

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

linkycat
03-07-2002, 11:10 AM
Morrowind for the PC has the upper hand right now. Sure the XBOX will be graphically sound, and my computer (and many other's) wouldn't do Morrowind on PC justice, but it has the upper hand because.... of.....

Updates.

With the level/item builder, there are going to be THOUSANDS of new objects and scenarios that come out in game updates for the PC version. There will be add-on discs, there will be online downloads... Who knows.

The upside is... If anything catches on real big, maybe they'll release and add-on via Xbox Magazine Disc, or when the network is up you'll be able to dial in and download.

Keep your chins up, there is hope for the box and morrowind to be superior... but none of those plans are in order, whereas the PC version already has it's add-on's in the make.

Of course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.