PDA

View Full Version : Disappointments

Dog Of War
02-08-2002, 05:32 AM
I don't know if I am the only one feeling this but the lack of games, in addition to games getting postponed , and games taking months to be ported is becoming rather upsetting.

Some examples are Blood Omen 2 getting moved back, along with Enclave.

Secondly games such as Tony Hawk 3 and Metal Gear Solid are taking forever to port. What I don't understand is if these games are such hits on other systems, why is Konami and Neversoft taking so long to port them.

Also awesome sports games such as Fifa 200x don't even seem like they're ever going to come out even though 2002 is out for ps2 and gamecube.

NBA 2k2 is taking forever to port also.

The fact that GTA3 may not even come out for xbox is enough to make me want to give up all hope. Whoever said Wreckless could compare did not have their head on straight.

It seems companies are completely bypassing the cd audio support the xbox has.

I guess the only thing that keeps my hopes up are games such as Project Ego, Panzer Dragon, Shenmue 2, Fate, and Phantasy Star Online when they do come out 8 or 9 months away from now.

XBA Staff
02-08-2002, 06:29 AM
Yes Dog Of War, I do understand what you are talking about. I've said this before a thousand times and I'm going to say it a thousand more times again...Xbox won't start showing it's full potential until developers decide to show it's full potential. If developers keep pushing back games then Xbox will never have any, also developers do need to start using the CD Ripping feature as well.

So in other words the fate of the Xbox relies on the developers. Microsoft opened the doors for the developers with the Xbox but it's the developers that can walk through those doors...not Microsoft.

Variation-XBA
02-08-2002, 07:14 AM
Hideo Kojima, the maker of MGS2 said himself somewhere that he is taking a year break from any MGS stuff/development...if that means the port has to wait...then...http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/blackeye/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

Dave
02-08-2002, 11:15 AM
I am not disappointed myself. I knew that PS2 would have a better selection of games for a while when I bought x-box, but I bought x-box because it is way more powerfull than PS2, and has more potential in the long run. Right now I would say X-box's game selection is pretty **** for a new system, and there are plenty of great games coming out in the next couple months on top of what is allready available. I would say just to hang in there, and eventually your x-box will live up to your expectations if you are disappointed. It's only been here a few months, and the selection of games is going to get bigger and better every month. If you compare X-box to every other system after 3 months, I bet X-box would stack up pretty good next to them.

Ninja Scroll
02-08-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Variation
Hideo Kojima, the maker of MGS2 said himself somewhere that he is taking a year break from any MGS stuff/development...if that means the port has to wait...then...http://www.theunholytrinity.org/cracks_smileys/contrib/blackeye/2gunsfiring_v1.gif

No it wont junior! After Sony finishes their promotion support for MGS2, Konami will then announce the Xbox version of MGS2. Titled MGSX!
Get it right sunshine!:)

Ninja Scroll
02-08-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by Dave
I am not disappointed myself. I knew that PS2 would have a better selection of games for a while when I bought x-box, but I bought x-box because it is way more powerfull than PS2, and has more potential in the long run. Right now I would say X-box's game selection is pretty **** for a new system, and there are plenty of great games coming out in the next couple months on top of what is allready available. I would say just to hang in there, and eventually your x-box will live up to your expectations if you are disappointed. It's only been here a few months, and the selection of games is going to get bigger and better every month. If you compare X-box to every other system after 3 months, I bet X-box would stack up pretty good next to them.

Dont jump off the XBox bandwagon just yet slim! It's only been, what! about 3 months now! Shheeeeesh, :rolleyes: You guys are so quick to give up on something it's pathetic!
Dont you remember when PS2 first shipped they never got one good game for a whole d@mn year for crying out load!
That's just the way it works.
Atleast we had the greatest launch game ever in Halo.:cool:

Dave
02-08-2002, 11:51 AM
What I originallyI posted was "X-box's game selection is pretty d-a-m-n good for a new system." I was not jumping off of any band wagon, I told him not too. You cannot say d-a-m-n on this candy ass board so it made it look like I bashed the game selection. Instead it said "X-box's game selection is pretty **** for a new system" whitch could have been mis interpreted. I'll have to remember this board if g rated for kids under 4 years old.

JJaX
02-08-2002, 11:58 AM
Xbox is gonna be in this for the long haul. Trust me...You gonna be thanking the Gods you got one.

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 12:09 PM
I find it hilarious when people complain about how many games are out for the XBox at the moment...lol... I mean, Ninja could not have said it any better by pointing out that XBox has only been out for 3 months! lol...give it some time...deeeyaaaamn!!

Let's think back at Sony's PoS2 for one moment. Can anyone honestly say that they had bad ass games in the first three months? If so, give me a break!!! They still are half-assed in my opinion...there are some goodies now, however...but, it took Sony a year and three months to come out with them!

Never, on the PS2 could games like Halo, Brute Force, Project Ego, Collin McCrae Rally, etc, could ever operate on it! Besides, we are only seeing first generation XBox games, as Tyrell pointed out. The best is yet to come...

Ports?! Ports?!! Man!!! I absolutely dispise ports! It will take a little time for developers to realize that they can go to a much higher level when developing games for the XBox, therefore, not having to be limited to creating games that can only provide the power of what the weak ass PoS2 can handle. I mean, even the LameCube has more power than the PoS2...The XBox has THREE times the power of the PoS2...so, once developers pull their heads out of their asses, they will realize that they can go crazy and make some insane games for the most powerful console ever to hit the consumer market.

Take Halo for example. Is it even possible to port this game for the PoS2? Let me think about it for a sec: NO! Was that too long? ;)

As the old saying goes, better things happen for those who wait. And, GTA3 will be a crap game when someone makes a similar game that takes advantage of the XBox's capabilities. I mean, the graphics already hug nutz on that game...just imagine that game actually using the fullness of what the XBox is capable of? That would be utterly intense!

So, just be patient, dudes...and be selective...because, in due time, there will be some of the most intense games far above and beyond just pathetic ported games.

JJaX
02-08-2002, 12:21 PM
See i actually like ports. IF a game is good then its good. I dont have GaYstation DeW, But if they got a hit game, Sure bring it to the box.

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
See i actually like ports. IF a game is good then its good. I dont have GaYstation DeW, But if they got a hit game, Sure bring it to the box.

I agree...but, I am extremely selective when it comes to ports. Like you said, it has to be a hit game, otherwise, the store can just keep it on the shelves. I bought Max Payne, which is a port...but, atleast it's a PC port, not the PoS2 port. The PoS2 version blows ass compared to the PC and XBox version.

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by BIG-T
People complain for a revolutionary game and for it to be made in a couple months? If games get pushed back it means they are going to be even better and if you push for early releases games turn out **** and ****s up a what could be amazing game.
So go suck on an egg and be patient...homo

I am completely with you...except for the name calling :D Nice touch to the post, though! hehe :p

Xtopia
02-08-2002, 02:00 PM
Dont you guys remember what your mommies taught you?!!! "Patience is a virtue!!!" :D

Variation-XBA
02-08-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

No it wont junior! After Sony finishes their promotion support for MGS2, Konami will then announce the Xbox version of MGS2. Titled MGSX!
Get it right sunshine!:)

If it doesnt take his work on it to port it, then it shoud't take too long :)

scarecrow kfj
02-08-2002, 03:24 PM
xbox - 40+ games out
cube - 26+ games out

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by scarecrow kfj
xbox - 40+ games out
cube - 26+ games out

Dude, Scarecrow...XBox had 46 games out at the end of 2001. Not bad for only being out for 46 days at that point :D There must be around 55 games or so out for XBox right now. Any way you look at it, as you pointed out, it kicks the crap out of the LameCube. ;)

Dog Of War
02-08-2002, 03:37 PM
I think its funny how when someone expresses their opinion people feel the need to demean even though it wasn't a threat at them. Anyway Im expressing my opinion and in no way am I giving up on the xbox I am just somewhat disappointed.

Dog Of War
02-08-2002, 03:39 PM
From Big-T: So go suck on an egg and be patient...homo

Um, your rediculous. Your calling people names over a game console forum.

l Maximus l
02-08-2002, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Dog Of War
I think its funny how when someone expresses their opinion people feel the need to demean even though it wasn't a threat at them. Anyway Im expressing my opinion and in no way am I giving up on the xbox I am just somewhat disappointed.

You see, Dog of War...people here are actually "XBox Addicts". In fact, that's the name of the site. And, that's what we are. The website doesn't say:

www.LukeWarmXBoxFans.com

Did you get that? :confused:

Ninja Scroll
02-08-2002, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

You see, Dog of War...people here are actually "XBox Addicts". In fact, that's the name of the site. And, that's what we are. The website doesn't say:

www.LukeWarmXBoxFans.com

Did you get that? :confused:

You tell him waximus! :)

we dont half ass in da addict, we soldiers go all out for our Xbox! Defend & Conquer!

thunderkiss2k1
02-08-2002, 08:44 PM
my major thing im pleased with the xbox is that in addition to the games that are about to be released: Sony will not be able to kill it like they did the Dreamcast. Yes, I know this post sounds stupid.

BiohazardEHW
02-08-2002, 09:21 PM
I dont care about ports really, as long as the Xbox verision is better than the Gáystation 2 version or whatever...like 007 Agent Under Fire...PoS2 version dosent have bots, haha. :)

And If GTA3 is just a port with no new additions, i'll be pleased because it's a good game either way, i'd just rather play it on the better system...

But if they port games like Devil May Cry, i'll cry myself because that game sucks. No replay value, horrible gameplay, bad graphics, poor plot, etc. It just overall sucks.

Xboxfan123
02-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by Dog Of War
I don't know if I am the only one feeling this but the lack of games, in addition to games getting postponed , and games taking months to be ported is becoming rather upsetting.

Some examples are Blood Omen 2 getting moved back, along with Enclave.

Secondly games such as Tony Hawk 3 and Metal Gear Solid are taking forever to port. What I don't understand is if these games are such hits on other systems, why is Konami and Neversoft taking so long to port them.

Also awesome sports games such as Fifa 200x don't even seem like they're ever going to come out even though 2002 is out for ps2 and gamecube.

NBA 2k2 is taking forever to port also.

The fact that GTA3 may not even come out for xbox is enough to make me want to give up all hope. Whoever said Wreckless could compare did not have their head on straight.

It seems companies are completely bypassing the cd audio support the xbox has.

I guess the only thing that keeps my hopes up are games such as Project Ego, Panzer Dragon, Shenmue 2, Fate, and Phantasy Star Online when they do come out 8 or 9 months away from now.

I agree the Xbox is 11 weeks old and I want to see 100 games out too just like PS2 had at 11 weeks. I mean anything less than 100 games is just lazy. I wish companies would rush their games for me and not take time to make them better. I mean it I'm getting really mad. We should be getting 25 games out per month. I want. I want.:)

XBA Staff
02-09-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Xbox is gonna be in this for the long haul. Trust me...You gonna be thanking the Gods you got one.

You are exactly correct.

thunderkiss2k1
02-09-2002, 11:16 PM
One thing I DO know is that you guys need to learn how to type! Lol, j/k :)

Woocifer
02-10-2002, 12:15 PM
You know I'm not disappointed with what hasn't come out yet, more like what HAS come out. Games like Bloodwake, Wreckless, Kabuki Warriors, Obi Wan... these games don't feel like games. They feel like developers putting out feelers for what people like. They lost their appeal very quickly because too much time was taken screwin around with the xbox's ability to display graphics. And even then its terrible because I've seen a lot of slow down from these games...which is basically the coding because other games run like milk with the same or more pressure on the processor.

I don't want pristine graphics and no gameplay. I don't want a plot that goes 2 hours deep... I want a good all around game! Give me interesting cut scenes, give me insteresting plots, give me something nice to look at but I want it to feel good to control. Give me ability to rip my own music, give me the ability to roam and explore...give me a GAME and not a coaster.

Is it just me or did Inside Drive feel like garbage? There was no depth, no attraction for a gamer to WANT to keep playing.

I've played Halo a tonne...I hate the levels repeating, but with the multiplayer, the screwing around and ability to explore things, I was able to pull at least 4 weeks of solid gaming from it, and that was after I beat the thing in 2 days. It's not the best game in the world, but it ranks up their because its STILL fun to play.

This is why I think Raw is going to hurt a little. It will lack the depth...but will still be cool to screw around with. But I like the idea of having to fight my way to the top, WHO WOULDNT! I'm more interested in Morrowind than anything else because of the fact its open ended and will be a big area to screw around in.

That is the thing that disappoints me. Too many junky games testing out crap. It's fine and smart for the developers, but too costly for the consumer.

thunderkiss2k1
02-10-2002, 04:34 PM
I really hate to disagree with you......no, scratch that. I DON'T hate to disagree with a statement like that. The games you mentioned might not be YOUR cup of tea, but for the rest of us, they are some very good games (well, maybe not Bloodwake) . You cant post your comments as if they are gospel and if we disagree with you , somehow we are wrong. You have a right to your opinion, but so do we.

Dark-one187
02-10-2002, 04:40 PM
I am not dissappointed in fact I am basically broke because of how many great games are coming out.

Woocifer
02-10-2002, 05:37 PM
Thunderkiss2k1 I dont know what you are talkin about really. I simply told you what I thought was disappointing.

I never said these games that I mentioned weren't good because you said they WERE good. I never attacked your opinion, I was simply stating a fact that I find them flat and dull and very constrictive of a game console this far into the evolution of gaming, and even gave examples at that.

Setting me straight is as bad as what you accused me of btw. But anyway I don't really mind you saying what you think. But I do know that too many people have taken what has been released to the public in the past 10 years and say it is amazing JUST because the graphics are good.

Games are too short and too quick and lack depth lately. That is my opinion, so stop getting flustered friend :)

I find that it is the fanboys that have pushed the world of gaming towards this.

And to give you an example, Azurik has mixed reviews. Mixed? Most of the positive reviews I've read about it are based on the fact that it is on the Xbox(so?) and not that the control is stiff, the graphics are poor, the concept is all right but the direction of the game is ambiguous. Interesting idea, but poorly implemented. I'm not afraid to say that some of the games out there hurt. But I'm not going to accept the idea that if I buy a game, such as Wreckless, and play it for 5 hours and almost beat it that it was worth my money.

But don't think I'm telling you what to think, I'd never do that :p