PDA

View Full Version : What would you say? An anti-Xbox pro-PS2 thread

JediMasterChief
01-25-2005, 03:24 AM
I recently joined the forum of this Simpsons website called Proper D'Oh (you need to for downloading episodes off their site). Anyway, there was this thread in the forum called "PlayStation 2 Chatbox", which has now practically turned into an anti-Xbox pro-PS2 thread. I'm practically the only person in the forum that actually likes Xbox. All the others members are little biased 15 year-old PS2 lovers.

The link is below:

http://www.pddownloads.com/members/index.php?topic=184.msg1600#msg1600

Does anyone have any advice as how to shut these PS2ers up? In the forum, I'm Tom by the way.

Reclaimer
01-25-2005, 05:55 AM
All I can say is: pick your battles carefully.

First off, you decided to take on one guy in a Simpson's forum who calls himself "The Leader." That should tell you something.

Second off, you walked into a Playstation thread and chose that arena to spread the word of the Xbox.

Just stop now and preserve your sanity.

JediMasterChief
01-25-2005, 06:02 AM
If you read the forum carefully, I just said I like Xbox more. Then the guy started saying how all PS2 games are better than Xbox and how Xbox sucks, etc.

He just calls himself "The Leader" based on the name of a Simpsons character. In truth, he's just a dumb 15 year-old American boy who spends half the day watching TV and reading pointless comics. That's a fact. Not that all American boys do that.

AlBoogy
01-25-2005, 08:49 AM
I wouldnt waste my time. Fanboys dont bother to do the research on their own system so dont expect them to hear about other systems.

heartsfan
01-25-2005, 08:52 AM
He just calls himself "The Leader" based on the name of a Simpsons character. In truth, he's just a dumb 15 year-old American boy who spends half the day watching TV and reading pointless comics. That's a fact. Not that all American boys do that.

Upcoming Birthdays: The Leader (16)

Says it all really!
:cheers:

Casper
01-25-2005, 08:58 AM
I'd love to help, but that kid is just an imbecile. 'I'll go insane if someone posts best or better about the consoles'? Wtf - shut your hole.

Ps2 = Better sports games, better racing games, better RPGs, better shooting games.

The SAME sports games for both consoles - they have nothing that the XBox doesn't - and when it's on the Xbox, it not only runs faster, but the graphics are better, no matter what he thinks. And you don't have to buy an extra NIC adapter or a new system to play it online.

Shooters - Hmmm, SOCOM vs. any Tom Clancy game out there. I'd still take any TC game over SOCOM and wouldn't have to worry about getting raped by wall glitches that allowed people to shoot through walls and kill you without being able to see them at all. Also, Pandora Tomorrow tore anything they had up. Chaos Theory and Doom 3 (PS2 can't even run it) will tear up whatever he thinks was a great shooter on that system. Is he a fan of Killzone? Because it was probably the worst shooter I've ever touched.

RPG's - I can't help. I'm not a fan of them, so I have basically no knowledge of them outside of KOTOR1 + Fable.

As for his comments on how FF had the best graphics he's seen between the 2 consoles, look at anything made by Tecmo so far - DOA, DOAX Volleyball, DOA:Unlimited, or Ninja Gaiden and you it blows that game out of the water.

He never owned an Xbox, that's all I can get from that.

Sammael
01-25-2005, 09:04 AM
Casper PS2 is getting Chaos Theory.. Its gonna look like poo but they are getting. However what they aren't getting is the Chaos Theory version of Vs mode in multiplayer. PS2's vs mode is going to be what Pandora Tomorrows vs mode was on Xbox..

Also but Halo and Halo 2 up against ANY shooter they have on PS2 and they wipe the floor with them.

CRAYMAN
01-25-2005, 09:43 AM
If you read the forum carefully, I just said I like Xbox more. Then the guy started saying how all PS2 games are better than Xbox and how Xbox sucks, etc.

Why mention that he's American? That just gives him credibility!! :hump:

AlBoogy
01-25-2005, 10:26 AM
I decided to actually read that garbage and what a waste of time lol. Anyone can "say" they have owned all 3 consoles or whatever doesnt mean its true though. Im sorry but a system that only has 2 controller ports, slower loading times, no hard drive, less powerful and an average online plan is nowhere near the the XBox as a system. You cant debate any of those points.

Shadow20002
01-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Well, i must say that PS2 have a plenty of great RPG games but in the other hand, we have great shooting games. :)

Reclaimer
01-25-2005, 10:00 PM
OMFG, don't say the word halo in my presence it is the most overrated game i have ever played, theres so much more better games out that r exactly like halo, that would kick halo's ass, people just can't say that they're better, because this game has been put up so high nobody goes against it.

Speaking of spending money, how much does it cost for PS2 online $0.00 and xbox 19.99 a month, i mean i would rather buy a adapter once, than having to pay 20 dollars a month. But, idunno maybe it ok to have to do that every month.

Jedi, just go there to download your Simpson's episodes. Don't worry about those people. They are clearly confused and not even worth your effort.
Here is the place to bask in the joys of Xbox. Not over there. That's just a trap for foolish people.

Variation-XBA
01-26-2005, 12:50 AM
So let me get this straight... you want tips on how to win a fight on an internet forum against people you will never meet in your life?

0_o

Mitchell
01-26-2005, 12:56 AM
OMFG, don't say the word halo in my presence it is the most overrated game i have ever played, theres so much more better games out that r exactly like halo, that would kick halo's ass, people just can't say that they're better, because this game has been put up so high nobody goes against it.

To the PIT!!!

ShannonX
01-26-2005, 12:25 PM
LMAO, 20 bucks a month?? thats the funniest **** i've heard all day.

Snowblind
01-26-2005, 07:18 PM
The only reason Xbox has better graphics and all theat other stuff, is because it was released after the Ps2 and microsoft took what the ps2 could do and made it better,

I've never seen any xbox game with better graphics than the Final Fantasy games.

:rofl:

LMAO, they just made my day! :)

ll Mista GT ll
01-26-2005, 07:46 PM
I'd love to help, but that kid is just an imbecile. 'I'll go insane if someone posts best or better about the consoles'? Wtf - shut your hole.

The SAME sports games for both consoles - they have nothing that the XBox doesn't - and when it's on the Xbox, it not only runs faster, but the graphics are better, no matter what he thinks. And you don't have to buy an extra NIC adapter or a new system to play it online.

Shooters - Hmmm, SOCOM vs. any Tom Clancy game out there. I'd still take any TC game over SOCOM and wouldn't have to worry about getting raped by wall glitches that allowed people to shoot through walls and kill you without being able to see them at all. Also, Pandora Tomorrow tore anything they had up. Chaos Theory and Doom 3 (PS2 can't even run it) will tear up whatever he thinks was a great shooter on that system. Is he a fan of Killzone? Because it was probably the worst shooter I've ever touched.

RPG's - I can't help. I'm not a fan of them, so I have basically no knowledge of them outside of KOTOR1 + Fable.

As for his comments on how FF had the best graphics he's seen between the 2 consoles, look at anything made by Tecmo so far - DOA, DOAX Volleyball, DOA:Unlimited, or Ninja Gaiden and you it blows that game out of the water.

He never owned an Xbox, that's all I can get from that.

Damn straight!

Go Caspa, Go Caspa, Go Caspa! Hoot Hoot!

:cheers:

SamSmith
01-27-2005, 10:05 AM
dumbasses!!! its incredibal how biased ps2 fan boys can be!!! i have a ps2, dont play it though..... why?? emmm.... cuz i got an xbox... and i dont like my ps2 any more!

Trento52
01-29-2005, 01:58 AM
well no matter how wrong they are they are always right in their opinion. If they want to "fight" over video games on the internet then let them. Though you can correct them on such things like ps2 is the better hardware and graphics for that is proven that it is the worst of the three. Games go by preference but hardware is a no brainer.

AlphaRaptor
01-30-2005, 12:46 AM
If I was my crazy self...id go over there and read through it. But their just a bunch of n00bish PS2 owners who are STUCK with PS2 and have nothing better to do other than bash Xbox. I bet 95% of them have only played the Xbox for a few minutes at Toys-R-Us... LMAO

greyterminatorj
02-14-2005, 10:05 AM
i used 2 be a ps2 fan and a bought an xbox just 2 see how rubbish i thought it was gonna be. 3 days later i traded my ps2 in 4 more xbox games so suck on that "leader"

JediMasterChief
02-16-2005, 05:18 AM
Thanks for all your help...and opinions. Luckily, that thread's sort of died down now.

But these PS2 fan boys can really get on my nerves. Though they don't know what they're missing. Hail to the Xbox!