PDA

View Full Version : bbc article About playstation three and Xbox next!

odpr
01-25-2005, 06:44 PM
it seems that the playstation three will be better..

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/4201391.stm

:(

ll Mista GT ll
01-25-2005, 06:48 PM
No! Xbox 2 WILL rule the world! :mad: :cuss:

LiquidX
01-25-2005, 06:58 PM
More power under the hood doesnt make a better system. I'll buy the next Xbox if its only half as powerful as the other systems just so I can play the next Halo.

"PS3 will provide graphics indistinguishable from movies" Where have we heard that before. :rolleyes:

And getting a starter disc, then having to pay for better AI and the next level in a game... please, that will never work.

LTM360
01-25-2005, 07:01 PM
"PS3 will provide graphics indistinguishable from movies" Where have we heard that before. :rolleyes:

It wasn't about PS2!!!! :whistle:

I love how EA are the ones gloating about PS3. Yeah, because we all know their ones to use a console to its potential *coughNeedforSpeedHotPursuit2onGamecubecough*. EA Sucks, why the hell are they getting their opinion. Get UBI's.

Cryogenic Pyro
01-25-2005, 08:18 PM
You know, I hate EA, but from the looks of it the PS3 will be superior in the hardware department. Only time will tell for sure.

AlphaRaptor
01-25-2005, 08:31 PM
No where does it say the PS3 is more powerful. The Xbox 2 specs are the latest and greatest of today, it would be almost impossible to create a more powerful system. Even if the PS3 is slightly more powerful, you won't see that extra power in games. The graphics will be exactly the same, sure the PS3 might be able to run them at 5 more fps than XB2, but who cares?! The difference won't be noticable. And c-mon guys, this is EA speaking, what do they know...

MS knows how important being the most powerful system is, they won't let us down.

squid413
01-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Alpha, the xbox will most likely be less powerful because microsoft is trying to rush xbox next or whatever you want to call it on the market. They are aiming for a Late 2005 launch. The PS3 will most likely launch sometime in 2006. More time will mean better hardware. look at the xbox, it launched a year later and look how much better it is than PS2.

lllusion
01-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Well it all comes down to exclusives in the end. Plus Online Service of online play..

Xboxlive has the experience... But will the ps3 have the same success with online play?

Hey lets not leave Nintendo out of the window just yet.

Reclaimer
01-25-2005, 09:53 PM
We don't even know what the Xenon is going to have for hardware. It's a little early to start writting the Xenon off. They've been planning this for awhile. They've been planning this to counter the PS3. I can be rest assured that this isn't something that is being slapped together in a garage somewhere at the last second.

It's all going to boil down to the games and online service anyway.
I see the PS3 raising the bar for console gaming. I also see the Xenon being something special in regards to the future of gaming.

Variation-XBA
01-26-2005, 01:00 AM
I personally don't give a damn about system specs, it means nothing unless dev's take full use of them anyways, and hardly they do, or it takes years for systems to truely "peak".

Play the games, not the systems. Who cares if System_Z has 300 more mhz? What if it has no games you like? then your stuck with a system that you invested so much into just cause some people said it would be "better".

Mitchell
01-26-2005, 01:05 AM
Bill Gates says:

Bakeman
01-26-2005, 01:53 AM
yeah I figured whichever system ends up better I'd get. Because usually the games I like are on both systems.

BUT since football games are just gonna suck now because we'll only have EA's .. then I guess it doesn't matter to me which system is better. I won't get either of them unless EA pulls a miracle and makes a good football game.

odpr
01-26-2005, 06:49 AM
I personally don't give a damn about system specs, it means nothing unless dev's take full use of them anyways, and hardly they do, or it takes years for systems to truely "peak".

Play the games, not the systems. Who cares if System_Z has 300 more mhz? What if it has no games you like? then your stuck with a system that you invested so much into just cause some people said it would be "better".

Hello ?!?!?:huh:
we Are talking on Ps three here? playstation ? remember this with the best titles ?
This is not a new system?! they already have all the best titles in the world..

What you don'\t seem to get, and I mean people that live in USA, that a lot of people in the world (including me..) doesn't like that much FPS, so HALO is another fps , and when we come to halo two it's even done very poorly, ( let's not open the g flam e here..) and imagine that
not all the world like FOOT BALL the fact is , most of the world ask himself why in the HELL you like this game..

So playstation in most cases ;appeal to more audience then Xbox, Most of the world don't like that much of sports game L]
Hockey, basket ball (uk for example they couldn’t care less on that thing,.,.)
NASCAR.. (What the hell is the point in running in circles? )
Foot ball
Base ball

Wake up!
Most of the world like titles like
Devil Mary cry
Grand theft auto
Splinter cell (that something the Xbox does the best,,,)(
Ratchet and clank
Ninja gaiden (the only game that Xbox has that playstation have a lot of it,,(
And more

I find myself many times (including now days..) want to buy a new game, and the only thing available is either a new car racing game, another foot ball Madden, baseball hockey! Ok we got it!! What is the difference between madden 2004 and 2003 ? The sound ?

Spaztic
01-26-2005, 08:18 AM
Well I am waiting for both systems to come out and then will get the one I think is the best. Xbox or ps3 dosn't matter.

Sammael
01-26-2005, 09:08 AM
The technologies are going to be very similar. Both consoles are already in development. Xbox2 a little ahead of Ps3. They are both being developed with technology available now. Just because Xbox2 releases 6 months to a year before Ps3 doesn't mean its going to be less powerful. When Xbox2 launches Ps3 will be to far in development for Sony to try and change anything according to Xbox2s power. Microsoft knows fans of Xbox want a more powerful machine. Why would they make the most powerful console, and compete for total control in one generation, then build a lackluster underpowered machine the next generation?

AlBoogy
01-26-2005, 11:48 AM
Its easy for him or anyone else to say PS3 will be more powerful. Bottom line, when a system releases after another, it usually is more powerful.

thrAsher
01-26-2005, 01:22 PM
Great points, Variation and odpr. I agree totally. Especially the 'play the games, not the systems' comment.

I think this struggle for domination between all three companies just means that we, the gamers, will win no matter what. There are going to be some great games on all the systems, and this next generation is going to blur the line between console and PC games.

I'm personally interested in what Nintendo has planned for it's Revolution.

Variation-XBA
01-26-2005, 09:02 PM
playstation ? remember this with the best titles ?
This is not a new system?! they already have all the best titles in the world..
----Sorry, I disagree, but purely thats my opinion.
What you don'\t seem to get, and I mean people that live in USA, that a lot of people in the world (including me..) doesn't like that much FPS, so HALO is another fps , and when we come to halo two it's even done very poorly, ( let's not open the g flam e here..)
-----No, what you don't seem to get is that people in the states and over here in Canada as well (Had to add that in) DO like FPS's. Why do you think there are so many World war games, and look at the PC market, its flooded with FPS's. Not saying they are all spectacular, but look at Halflife2 and Doom3 and Halo2 sales. If people didn't like FPS's like you said, then the numbers would be nothing as to what they really are.
not all the world like FOOT BALL the fact is , most of the world ask himself why in the HELL you like this game..
----I personally hate all sports games, Football included :P Again, it's opinion, and because I don't like it, doesnt make it a bad game and regardless, it still outsells every single year, so your logic is flawed.

So playstation in most cases ;appeal to more audience then Xbox
--------Number wise yes, but did xbox have a previous system that was backwards compatable, and did it come out a year earlier? No.

Most of the world don't like that much of sports game, Hockey, basket ball (uk for example they couldn’t care less on that thing,.,.). NASCAR.. (What the hell is the point in running in circles? )Foot ball Base ball

----Again, I personally hate sports games, but if the world didn't like sports games like you said, then it wouldn't outsell itself every year and they wouldn't be made if it didn't have a following, plain and simple.

Wake up!
Most of the world like titles like
Devil Mary cry
Grand theft auto
Splinter cell (that something the Xbox does the best,,,)(
Ratchet and clank
Ninja gaiden (the only game that Xbox has that playstation have a lot of it,,(
And more

-----Sorry no, Devil may cry is not so widely known and played that it's spawned endless varients of it's genre. GTA sells yes, doesnt mean it's good, it just has a following. MGS has and always will outsell Splinter Cell. Ratchet is a great title for kids, hence it's great sales due to its solid gameplay/story etc; Compare those #'s to Halo/Halo2/Halflife2/Doom3. Still going to say it's more popular?

I find myself many times (including now days..) want to buy a new game, and the only thing available is either a new car racing game, another foot ball Madden, baseball hockey! Ok we got it!! What is the difference between madden 2004 and 2003 ? The sound ?
---------Then you don't follow games or don't want to branch from the norm, there is plenty of good games out that are non FPS and sports out, do some research.

I'm personally interested in what Nintendo has planned for it's Revolution.

That's what I'm personally waiting for at E3.

God damn...play the GAMES, who cares what system they are on.

ShannonX
01-26-2005, 10:28 PM
i'm defiantely interested in whats comming out next generation. I'll get whatever system has the games. If its a nintendo, i'll get that, ps3, sure thing, xbox next, if it has the stuff. And if i dont like any of them you ask? Thats why god made a thing called the personal computer.

lllusion
01-26-2005, 10:34 PM
god is bill gates? I KNEW IT!!!

lol

ShannonX
01-26-2005, 11:09 PM
seems like it sometimes huh? :p

DemonLoki
01-27-2005, 01:38 AM
i'm defiantely interested in whats comming out next generation. I'll get whatever system has the games. If its a nintendo, i'll get that, ps3, sure thing, xbox next, if it has the stuff. And if i dont like any of them you ask? Thats why god made a thing called the personal computer.
Hmm spend $1700+ for a cutting edge PC just to play the latest games-
Or spend about $400 for a ready to use, always compatible machine with the same/better power for games since I already have a computer capable of other functions... I like consoles better.

MerimacHamwich
01-27-2005, 02:16 AM
Or spend about $400 for a ready to use, always compatible machine with the same/better power for games since I already have a computer capable of other functions... I like consoles better.
Ah good ol' BS.

Max33
01-27-2005, 07:48 AM
Like Thrasher said,I'm kinda intrested to see what Nintendo has up it's sleeve.

But what it seem's that evrybody's forgetting is that this article is basicly a pre-realese
advertising fluff peice.You're gonna see a bunch more coming in the next year or so.

I predict that the console pie is gonna be alittle more evenly sliced this time around.

SamSmith
01-27-2005, 09:50 AM
no doubt xbox2 will be technically better than ps3 (although its too early to say yet)

but one thing id like to say: EA GET YOUR FAT HEAD OUT OF SONYS ASS!!!!

graphics indistinguishable from movies??? they said that about ps2!!!¬

odpr
01-27-2005, 04:21 PM
here in Israel I don't think there is an argue who is going to win the war...it's playstation....by far..

tthey simply know how to market it here..

SamSmith
01-27-2005, 04:25 PM
here in Israel I don't think there is an argue who is going to win the war...it's playstation....by far..

ive noticed youve always said that....

Variation-XBA
01-27-2005, 10:54 PM

and no offence, but how much of the market you think Israel makes on a global scale? :P

MidniteArrow
01-28-2005, 10:40 AM

I understand that argument, but consider that no "console" will ever be able to keep up with a new computer - not even close. Just compare HalfLife 2 to Halo 2. The software you play on the console can only work with the hardware provided - and the hardware provided is, by definition, out of date (since it is frozen on release date of the console). Reliability should be a factor - a factor that should drive down prices. Companies don't have to worry about getting thier software to run on anything but 1 hardware configuration, so testing should be MUCH easier. They shouldn't have to ever write a patch to gain compatibility with new hardware... so on and so forth. They don't have to worry about piracy on a large scale. So this SHOULD drive down price. But it doesn't. Console games cost just as much as PC games. Why do console games cost as much as PC games again? Console games have my spite - not loyalty - over PC games. Of course, I am a developer, so compatibility issues aren't a roadblock for me.

Ahhh, that reminds me of the good old days when Iraq bought up thousands of units of the PS2 and tore out the processors to make weapon systems. Talk about winning the war...
Link to the story that may or may not be true (http://ps2.ign.com/articles/089/089251p1.html)

SamSmith
01-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Ahhh, that reminds me of the good old days when Iraq bought up thousands of units of the PS2 and tore out the processors to make weapon systems. Talk about winning the war...
[/url]

that is a load of bullsh*t... what are you trying to say?? israel and iraq are completly seperate countries, with independant laws and governments.... obviously iraq now has no government since america invaded it....

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Sam, you COMPLETELY misunderstood Midnites reason for bringing that article up. odpr said they don't know how to market the Xbox over in Isreal and those middle eastern countries. So mdinite brought up an article that was a comment on the PS2's marketing. It was said in the early days of PS2 that its processor could be used to control rockets. That article says that the Iraqi government then ordered some PS2's to use them for weapons systems. Get the link of ideas now? He's just saying the PS2 wasn't necessarily marketed well either.

P.S.
Iraq does have it's own government now. They just aren't very stable. You don't have to bash Americas involvement over there in every thread.

SamSmith
01-28-2005, 03:09 PM
Sam, you COMPLETELY misunderstood Midnites reason for bringing that article up. odpr said they don't know how to market the Xbox over in Isreal and those middle eastern countries. So mdinite brought up an article that was a comment on the PS2's marketing. It was said in the early days of PS2 that its processor could be used to control rockets. That article says that the Iraqi government then ordered some PS2's to use them for weapons systems. Get the link of ideas now? He's just saying the PS2 wasn't necessarily marketed well either.

P.S.
Iraq does have it's own government now. They just aren't very stable. You don't have to bash Americas involvement over there in every thread.

okay then, if i have misunderstood i apolagise.... *peace*

MerimacHamwich
01-28-2005, 03:10 PM
No problem sam, sorry if I came off a bit cheeky.

Variation-XBA
01-28-2005, 10:02 PM
that is a load of bullsh*t... what are you trying to say?? israel and iraq are completly seperate countries, with independant laws and governments.... obviously iraq now has no government since america invaded it....

Should read the full post before hitting Reply :P

SamSmith
01-29-2005, 04:32 AM
i have learned my lesson!! *no need to apolagise merimac!*

bostwick202
01-29-2005, 07:29 AM
This is all fine and dandy, but i would like some info on the revolution. no release date, no specs, nothing so far.

SamSmith
01-29-2005, 04:14 PM
for what i think is the best resource on next gen consoles (including nintendos revolution) go to www.totalnextgen.com

Variation-XBA
01-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Sorry, but this discredits it :P
http://www.totalnextgen.com/e107_images/ps3/ps3_controller_1.jpg

AlphaRaptor
01-30-2005, 12:51 AM
graphics indistinguishable from movies??? they said that about ps2!!!¬
:rofl:

SamSmith
01-30-2005, 03:57 AM

yeah, that is just stupid!!

CRAYMAN
02-02-2005, 09:54 AM

That's for gamers who are all thumbs!?! :confused:

I don't know for certain that the Xbox' power makes it significantly better in gameplay, but I feel fairly certain that Xbox' online experience IS significantly better, therefore I am going to assume that Microsoft will continue to dominate in that crucial area.

Unless PS3 pulls a rabbit out of its ass, I'll be picking up the new Xbox 2/NEXT and it will be my primary console even after the release of the PS3 .
If Xbox 2 comes out months in advance...that's a huge advantage, no competition!

If I was in the market for a new console today and I didn't have one, I would get an Xbox.
If I had all three and I had to give up two, I would keep the Xbox. The main reason...LIVE. It would be a closer call if I had no access to LIVE.

***If one of the other consoles had LIVE...I would choose it over Xbox.***

LIVE is the distinguishing characteristic for a purchasing decision. :hump:

AlphaRaptor
02-02-2005, 10:14 AM
LIVE is the distinguishing characteristic for a purchasing decision. :hump:
You got that right :hump:

SamSmith
02-02-2005, 12:35 PM
i saw specs *which are 99% likely to be fake* which stated it will have 3 3.5ghz processors.... *i wish* it needs loads of ram... what is it.... 68? mb that the current xbox has

Huckleberry
02-02-2005, 01:28 PM
well, in keeping with past tradition, i'll probably buy all three systems. i love my xbox most, but there are games that i wouldn't miss on ps2 and gamecube.

SamSmith
02-02-2005, 01:31 PM
i have all 3 systems... i started with ps2, then got xbox... and then cube... xbox i love most by far, but there are a few titles on cube that i want to try... *RE4*
i have lost touch with my ps2 though...... i might try it again, but sony were stupid to release it in 1999 it would still be classed modern had it been release this century!!