PDA

View Full Version : controller wishes

Spaztic
01-28-2005, 09:30 AM
I think the xbox2 controllers should abandon two buttons, I know alot of old school gamers or newbies that are comming in and are a bit discouraged by all the buttons. Even though I can handle all the buttons with teh best of them, I think there should be fewer as well. At least put the black white buttons as triggers like the ps2.....I can play with the buttons fine but it is still kinda awkward.

Xorc1st
01-28-2005, 09:31 PM
NO! The xbox controller is perfect. It shouldn't change. Controller S all the way!

Variation-XBA
01-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Controller S all the way!

You mean Controller F ;)

No, less buttons means we would just have to do more button combonations, and that in turn would make things more confusing.

skorp
01-28-2005, 10:14 PM
It's perfect the way it is...

:cool:

Regosnot
01-28-2005, 11:09 PM
It's fine how it is but more colour variety would be nice. Black, Green, Blue and Clear just isn't enough.

Darkside
01-28-2005, 11:11 PM
They should leave it the way it is. really.

Reclaimer
01-29-2005, 12:51 AM
The current configuration doesn't really bother me. They should carry these S types over to the Xenon as legacy controllers.

The only thing I could suggest is to move the communicator port to the bottom of the controller so it points towards you, and not away and have the wire all over the place.

l Maximus l
01-29-2005, 12:55 AM
I say re-release the Duke...damn it!!!

Xer0Mercy
01-29-2005, 01:25 AM
I think it would be cool to have several different types. For your shooters, you'd have something close to the S controller. For your sports games, something closer to what the PS2 controller is. I honestly wouldn't mind buying a couple different kinds of controllers if needed.

Variation-XBA
01-29-2005, 01:30 AM
It's fine how it is but more colour variety would be nice. Black, Green, Blue and Clear just isn't enough.

For us old schoolers who only use Dukes, there's only black :P

Shade One
01-30-2005, 11:53 PM
I was never intimidated by the Xbox controller as foreign as it seemed right out of the box. The Duke like the Xbox seemed to be designed for adults and fits my larger hands perfectly. Now, when I hold a PS2 controller it kind of reminds me of a Japenese compact car. Small and cheap. I like the Duke, big, heavy, substantial like an American truck.

jteqnique
02-01-2005, 09:55 PM
For us old schoolers who only use Dukes, there's only black :P

:rofl: :rofl: Well Put!!!

AlBoogy
02-01-2005, 10:31 PM
I would like them to get rid of the black and white buttons and make it so that you can press buttons with your middle fingers.

MXracer721
02-02-2005, 03:32 PM
i always thought that it would be cool to have the S with two different configurations of the d-pad and L analog stick. Have one the way it is and the other like the ps2...would make it easier for people to switch back and forth from ps2 and xbox.

SamSmith
02-02-2005, 04:27 PM
no way... the ps2 controller is the most uncomfortable piece of crap ever!! i just played my ps2 for the 1st time in ages today, and i realised just how crap the contoller is.... the xboxs analogue stick design *one high / one low* is much better and comfortable, and i am a great fan of the black and white buttons, but i do understand how they may take time to get used to... but the S is a brillliantly designed controller, and is the best controller of all the consoles... but it was already confirmed that they are dumping the black and white buttons for xbox2

m4oH
02-02-2005, 05:25 PM
no way... the ps2 controller is the most uncomfortable piece of crap ever!! i just played my ps2 for the 1st time in ages today, and i realised just how crap the contoller is.... the xboxs analogue stick design *one high / one low* is much better and comfortable, and i am a great fan of the black and white buttons, but i do understand how they may take time to get used to... but the S is a brillliantly designed controller, and is the best controller of all the consoles... but it was already confirmed that they are dumping the black and white buttons for xbox2
Dude, you stole my next post.

Variation-XBA
02-02-2005, 08:35 PM
but the S is a brillliantly designed controller, and is the best controller of all the consoles...

EGhhhhh....wrong... Long Live the Controller F's!

WillyV2
02-03-2005, 08:47 AM
They'll change the controller up some, but not to much I don't think.. I like the S the way it is really, it's more comfortable then the PS2 controllers, but I think if they change anything maybe give it a little shape like the GCN controllers, I thought they were great for comfort

SamSmith
02-03-2005, 12:06 PM
Dude, you stole my next post.

hey, why did you change your name??