PDA

View Full Version : What happened to IGN?

Sniper2
02-09-2002, 04:18 PM
Why have all the goods gone to "insider only" where you have to pay?

DIGITAL
02-09-2002, 04:56 PM
i know i dont like ign anymore cause of that insiders crap ,an trust me you aint missing much

Ninja Scroll
02-09-2002, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by Sniper2
Why have all the goods gone to "insider only" where you have to pay?

dude, dont even sweat it, no one else cares for them anymore. I understand why they are charging for members.
They are just trying to stay afloat so they wont go belly up like their brotheren dailyradar.com and others.
But the insider is nothing special at all. Anything they have is on every other gaming site! They may get exclusive interviews but the thing is, if something earth shatterning is meantioned in it, the story will be on your desktop the moment you log on any site.
ign.com is gonna suck as long as they continue the insider, but I dont care, gamestop.com and many other sites crush them in any and every category.
ign wasonce da man, now their just boys, MIA!

XBA Staff
02-09-2002, 08:00 PM
The reason why I think IGN started this Insiders stuff is because IGN is getting so big with hits and all that...they just want to find a way to get money out of all this. So they are charging people to view big things like interivews/screenshots/reviews/previews etc...Don't get me wrong here because I like IGN and I know that they are a great site but I just think that they need to stop being greety for green if you know what I mean.

gula
02-09-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

dude, dont even sweat it, no one else cares for them anymore. I understand why they are charging for members.
They are just trying to stay afloat so they wont go belly up like their brotheren dailyradar.com and others.
But the insider is nothing special at all. Anything they have is on every other gaming site! They may get exclusive interviews but the thing is, if something earth shatterning is meantioned in it, the story will be on your desktop the moment you log on any site.
ign.com is gonna suck as long as they continue the insider, but I dont care, gamestop.com and many other sites crush them in any and every category.
ign wasonce da man, now their just boys, MIA!

And all of the good stories from IGN are posted on some forum/board somewhere. Which that link will go to another board, and to another. Then we all get the news! :D

Actually, I sometimes find some Insiders articles in the IGN Boards. ON THE IGN BOARDS! Heh, pretty funny if you ask me... :D

Woocifer
02-09-2002, 09:48 PM
IGN is making a killing with the advertising alone on their site. The amount of ads that clutter the screen, overtake the content and disrupt the flow...that costs big bucks.

They are also coming out with their own magazine. Something smells a little fishy...in order to fund the first year or two of their mag, they need subscribers...but in order to cover overhead costs they probably set up this INSIDER thing to create a cash slush fund to create a large lump sum they can fall back on. IGN is NO where near hurting...they have way too many different subjecst and too much of a following to hurt as bad as dailyradar...radar died because the sit was annoying to navigate through...and their news was poor....etc....

IGN is just making a cash grab to solidify their foundation.
JUNK

I hate em...