PDA

View Full Version : COLD FEAR by UBISOFT

skorp
02-03-2005, 06:47 PM
In Cold Fear, players step into the role of Tom Hansen, a U.S. Coast Guard who is sent to board a drifting Russian whaling ship in the middle of a howling storm on the Bering Sea. He arrives only to discover that terrifying surprises await him on the bloodstained decks of the constantly rocking, shifting vessel. Set in a volatile, dynamic environment, players will find themselves overwhelmed by fear as they engage in intense combat with intelligent enemies. Set in a volatile, dynamic environment, players are sure to be rocked by Cold Fear.

Developed in Paris, France by Darkworks, Cold Fear will launch for the Xbox video game system from Microsoft and the PlayStation 2 on March 15, 2005.

COLD FEAR Video ( hi 21mb ) (ftp://ftp.ubi.com/us/games/coldfear/media/coldfearegf2fixed-high.wmv) COLD FEAR Video ( low 6mb ) (ftp://ftp.ubi.com/us/games/coldfear/media/coldfearegf2fixed-lo.wmv)

Ubisoft's nautical survival horror game gets an official site; shock rocker Marilyn Manson (http://www.coldfeargame.com/us/mmanson/index.php) lends song to game.
Web surfers today may have noticed that something scary is making some waves. Ubisoft today announced that the official Web site (http://www.coldfeargame.com/us/index.php) for Cold Fear has gone live. The survival horror game is being developed by Darkworks, developer of spookfest Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare. Cold Fear is slated to wash up on Xboxes, PCs, and PlayStation 2s this March. The Web site, currently under construction, features a game trailer, eight screenshots, and a fan forum.

Anyone else possibly interested in picking up this game? :D

m4oH
02-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Teh download wont work, says Media Player can't play it.

EDIT-Got it, looks okay. Worth a rent.

Reclaimer
02-03-2005, 08:14 PM
Looks interesting..
With all the effort to keep Ubi games realistic, I don't know why they decided to give the USCG some love, then abandon the realism. It kind of makes me mad.

Is there no sound? I got the high quality download and there is no sound.

Anyway, I've watched the video a few times, and yes the guy in the uniform does look like what I would wear. That's about it.
I'm actually really mad that we have Rainbow Six and Ghost Recon, and I get the zombie game. There's a lot of stuff you could make a game out of based on what we do. But we get the zombie game.
Oh well.

skorp
02-03-2005, 08:44 PM
hehee... I hear yah Reclaimer...

Double checked the video and yep there is audio. Did you try the official website?..

Variation-XBA
02-03-2005, 10:17 PM
Looks like a mix of RE4 with the old RE's

Shadow20002
02-06-2005, 07:33 PM
Surely gonna get it. :)

Ninjermy
02-06-2005, 08:03 PM
I almost wet myself watching that. Looks awesome from that. I hope the whole game lives up to my newly gained expectation :) .

BlindSniper
02-06-2005, 09:33 PM
Man, I remember about a year ago when I wouldn't touch survival horror titles with a 22 and a half foot pole.

Then I discovered the suffering. After playing that game, I was hooked and even bought a gamecube for re4 :yikes:

This looks interesting, the concept looks pretty good but I can definitely see repetition in zombies and how they react and attack you. I will probably definitely pick this up, cause I'm a sucker for third person shooters. Especially horror ones.

I'm pumped, but this will definitely not surpass or come close to the suffering.
Which reminds me, the suffering 2......which will open up a whole new can, of whoop-ass.

skorp
02-08-2005, 01:05 AM
*New* COLD FEAR (http://trailers.gametrailers.com/gt_vault/t_coldfear.wmv) Trailer

Enjoy! :cheers:

Spaztic
02-09-2005, 02:01 PM
I will definatly give it a look see.