PDA

View Full Version : What consoles have you owned and which one is best

DenniZz81
02-10-2002, 07:59 AM
I have owned a nes,snes,n64,dc,ps2 (soon xbox 14march)

i liked snes since it had cool games....
it was just like a nes but with better graphics wich was extremely cool at the time, i remember sf2 was expensive as hell. but cool.
i didnt like n64 except for the game of all time ocarina of time..... i love it still. but there werent so many games and i sorta grew out of the kiddie games.. dc was okay but it didnt live as long as i hoped it would. I´ve had the ps2 for about a year and I´ve played some cool games too... but im selling it out now. I´ve had some big expectations for the xbox for some months now.. and i can haldy wait for 14 march to some... my gf hates me for wasting my money on games =)) hehe...

the best console i have ever owned when taking away graphics and stuff like that.. just for the game value must be the... snes.
but the ps2 rocks too.. i hope i will like xbox too.

what is your history and what is by your opinion the best console you have played?:)

gula
02-10-2002, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by DenniZz81
I have owned a nes,snes,n64,dc,ps2 (soon xbox 14march)

i liked snes since it had cool games....
it was just like a nes but with better graphics wich was extremely cool at the time, i remember sf2 was expensive as hell. but cool.
i didnt like n64 except for the game of all time ocarina of time..... i love it still. but there werent so many games and i sorta grew out of the kiddie games.. dc was okay but it didnt live as long as i hoped it would. I´ve had the ps2 for about a year and I´ve played some cool games too... but im selling it out now. I´ve had some big expectations for the xbox for some months now.. and i can haldy wait for 14 march to some... my gf hates me for wasting my money on games =)) hehe...

the best console i have ever owned when taking away graphics and stuff like that.. just for the game value must be the... snes.
but the ps2 rocks too.. i hope i will like xbox too.

what is your history and what is by your opinion the best console you have played?:)

I've owned NES, SNES, Genesis, Sega CD, PSX, N64, DC, and XBox.

NES- One of the greats

SNES- One great system. I loved the huge ass rocket launcher thing. But only had 3 games out for that thing. :rolleyes:

Genesis & Sega CD- These two combined very well, excpet the Sega CD just flopped.

Saturn- This is one great system, but flopped easily....

PSX- Horrible system. (Made me NOT get PS2) (Sorry, I just didn't like the PlayStation, jeez) (I was too busy playing my DC! :D) (And I also do not like PS2, it just has a bandwagon like a bunch of hippies after some weed.)

N64- Ehh, another bad system. (Made me NOT get GameCube) (I was waiting for some Barney game and Thomas The Train game to come out for it...:rolleyes: )

DC- This goes in the superior part. This system was my 2nd favorite system of all time. Will never get rid of this baby.

XBox- Of course, how can we forget XBox. XBox IS the greatest game system out there! :D

And of course Atari, but thats another story.

fear_this
02-10-2002, 09:33 AM
I almost own them all. Gimme a month or 2 i`ll have ps2 and gamecube. Doesnt mean i`m a trader to the x-box though.
Atari,REG. Nintendo, SNES, Sega, Sega Saturn, Playstation, N64, DC, X-Box.

Atari - It was okay. A few good games..... best graphics ever :rolleyes: .. for its time.

Regular Nintendo - I though this was kick ass. So many games so little time. I was lucky if i played 150-250 of them. THere are like 500 to 600 games.

SNES - I never really liked this system. I dont know why though. :(

Sega -It was alright. I liked the sonic games. They were cool.

Sega Saturn - Not very popular. No one barely had them. But, it was alright.

Playstation - It was really good when it came out. I thought nothing could be better. It was simply amazing.

N64 - I thought this was one of the best systems. Nothing could top it. Good Games, and I thought the graphics were amazing.

Dreamcast - It really sucked.

X-Box - God. :)

Afro Aura
02-10-2002, 09:45 AM
OK my first choice is a computer but it had some GREAT games on it C64, but which console it's hard to choose but I'd say the Dreamcast R.I.P. I loved my Neo too
PC Engine: was pretty cool had some lovely games on there
Megadrive: (Genesis) loved Shadow Dancer, Streets of Rage the Shinboi's an of course the Phantasy Star series
SNES: what can I say loads of games but I did like
Neo Geo: great games but had to get rid of it as the games were coming in at MAD prices Last Resort, Ninja Commandos and Metal Slug 1 were my favorites there was 1 more game a Baseball game I was into, I had 2020 but I just can't think what it was called in the game some of the players break their bats.
N64: Zelda, Goldeneye and Mario Kart
I even had the PSX for about 2 weeks, I couldn't take the loading so I got rid of it, I've never had a PS2 for principle as to what they did to the Dreamcast R.I.P.

But at the moment I'm having a good time with my XBOX yeeaaaahhh:D

by the way did anyone complete Magician Lord on the Neo Geo because the game was so d@mn hard.

Shadow Fox
02-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Has or still owns:

Collecovision: kick ass. Had the Pacman arcade games, q-bert, pinball, and my alltime fav- Roundup!!

Intellivision: BurgerTime=God. nuff' said.

Atari 7800: 8-bit Mario Bros!!!(that was as close as you could get to an NES back then). Some other updates of 2600 games, like Crystal Castles, Spiderman, Combat 2, Defender 2, and Asteroids remix.

NES: The longest running console in history (11 years, two months). Ninja Gaiden, Rush'n Attack, Contra, Ikari Warriors, Double Dragon, Mario 3.

Sega Master System I: The first console in the US to not require a cart to play a game. Built in were Safari Hunt, Virual On, TigerWhip, and on some lucky units, Space Harrier. Home of Alex Kidd games, the original Altered Beast, and Phantasy Star.

Sega Genesis: Bland colors, but kick ass games. Sonic, Phantasy Star, Lunar, Eternal Champions, and the most expensive 16-bit cart in history, Virua Racing- at a whopping $105 upon release.

Super Famicom: Had to get one; just to play Mario World, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, and FFIV before anyone else. Also featured a CD unit called the PlayStation (sound familiar?), developed by Sony for future titles Ura Zelda, Hotel Mario, and Super Volleyball II. Advanced versions of Gradius III, Pilotwings, UN Squadron, and Final Fight (with Guy playable) were better than their US counterparts. There was also a satellite modem for the unit....

Super Nintendo: F-Zero. All Capcom games. All Square/Enix games. Destruction of the "blast processing" rumor with a title called Uniracers. Better and more colors, more effects; and early 3D technology. Did I mention Super Metroid and the best Zelda- A Link to the Past?....

Turbo Grafix 16: Bonk's Adventure. A true version of R-Type. Early SNK games. Those (then cool) cards. Vibrant colors, but limited special effects (scaling frontends, but no background). Overall great effort by NEC. Too bad US sales sucked. The CD addon only featured one game I wanted: Sherlock Holmes- which I immediately sold back with the hardware after I realized it.

Neo-Geo Silver: The grand-daddy of them all. A huge, 24-bit custom SNK processor, IDENTICAL to the arcade units. The first console to achieve perfect arcade conversions after the 4-bit era. Fatal Fury, World Heroes, 8Man, Magician Lord, Super Baseball 2020, R-Type: Genesis, and Samurai Shodown all came at a cost- roughly $200 per cart, and $600 for the Silver system I owned. The Gold system was aroun $750 when it was released. Think Xbox is big? if you're ever lucky enough to be around one of these monsters, you'll think again...

Sega CD: Night Trap, Sewer Shark, Sonic CD (the best Sonic, IMO), Eternal Champions, and Working Designs RPG's. Wierder still, is some of the later SegaCD games (the two that needed 32X, and some others), didn't support the first edition Sega CD units (the tray loading unit that sits underneath the Genesis), which I unfortunately had.

32X: MKII, the best arcade-to-home conversion, not much else good, except Chaotix and Virtua Fighter I.

Magnavox 3DO: Quite a rare unit (since the majority were Panasonic and Goldstar versions). Got it and a CD-i, also from Magnavox. Games featured the first ever arcade perfect port of Super Turbo, Daedlus Encounter, B.A.L.L.Z., Rise of the Robots, Way of the Warrior, and D: Special Edition. Good console overall; although the five-button controller was a bit freaky...

Magnavox CD-i: Gotta have my Zeldas- Zelda's Adventure, Link: The Faces of Evil, and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon were kick ass for their time, IMO. True the gameplay sucked compared to the originals, but for a third party effort it was great hack'n slash. Then there was your choice of TRUE mature games, namely Mad Dog McCree, Burn Cycle, Lethal Enforcers, and Mario is Missing, which eventually made it to SNES...

Atari Jaguar: This system was pretty bad. Not only did the controllers suck (30+dial-pad buttons?), but featured lackluster graphics that could be achieved on the SNES. For a quoted "64-bit" system, this was not good. Kasumi Ninja and Rayman were great titles, as were Wolfenstien 3D, Doom, and Primal Rage, just not good enough. The Jaguar CD featured good titles like Creature Shock, Dragon's Lair, and BattleMorph, and Demolition Man, but little more than that. Pawned the CD player, and still have the Jaguar unit (for Primal Rage and Kasumi Ninja purposes only).

Sega Saturn: Not much to remember here except Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, and Ultimate MK3. Promptly sold the unit, only to find out later that it would be a haven for excellent RPG's that wouldn't hit the PSX until a full year later than it's fall release in 1995. Lucky enough to play Nights thru a friend that kept the unit.

Turbo Duo: Basically all the NEC franchises all over again; Bonk, R-Type, rinse, lather, repeat. Sold promptly to afford an N64 import.

Nintendo 64: Mario 64 was kick ass, even though there was some clipping and draw-in issues (which were fixed in the "ultra64" version later). Pilotwings, Kirby's Air Ride (which never made it to US), and WaveRace were killer apps. Sold for a US Ultra 64 on September 23, 1996- a full week before the launch date.

Nintendo "Ultra" 64: Waited 3 days to buy Mario 64, and played it for a full 2 months (even though I found everything in a week). The game was that fun and revolutionary. Finally everything made sense in english (unlike the jap version), and Killer Instinct was the killer app for me- KI Gold was my answer to the arcade visits. Later populated by bloodfests like Castlevania, Duke Nukem, Quake, Hexen, Doom64, Nightmare Creatures, Mace: The Dark Age, MKT/MK4, War Gods, and later graced by Resident Evil 2 and CBFD. Perfect Dark and Goldeye redefined the FPS genre Doom64 so eliquently started in the 32/64-bit era, and Zelda did what it always did- sell systems.

PSX: finally got this thing after the lack of N64 RPG's in 1996. Scored Star Ocean II, Chrono Cross, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, FF7-9, Breath of Fire, Persona, Grandia, and DragonQuest. Scored underrated and unknown games like Cardinal Syn, Evil Zone (very rare), Toshinden, Tekken I, and Loaded.

Dreamcast: Too many games to name. System was kick ass, and is actually responsible for Xbox's existence (Windows CE). Nice developer SDK, controller's favorable, and kick-ass games that I can't name due to the sheer numbers...

PS2: Disappointment. The hype was too much for this system to only be launched with a crappy Ridge Racer and DVD player. Granted, TTT did kick ass, but it wasn't as much of a neccessity for a PS2 like Soul Calibur was to DC. Ebayed that thing in summer 2k, only to find out that it would later rule the gaming industry....

Xbox: A system that actually lived up to it's hype somewhat. Halo did kick major ass, as did Max Payne, NFL Fever, and Mad Dash, but what else are we to look forward to? We can only wait for the answer, just like GCN owners...

GCN: A system that also managed to live up to it's hype despite heavy "kiddy" bashing started in the N64 days. Smash DX, RL, and Monkey Ball are so addicting it's sickening. Currently the only games to look forward to besides these are in the distant future of 2k2, so if you've already played all the GCN blockbusters, you're screwed.

So, out of all that, I'd defianately say SNES has been the best system I've ever owned. It surpassed all expectations I had of it, it featured games that are still challenging, and brought 2D games to their knees. That (and tons of exclusive content) warrant Super NES as the ultimate system, specwise and gamewise for its time.

-Official Ninja of GameTavern (and NDose)

Shadow Fox
02-10-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

by the way did anyone complete Magician Lord on the Neo Geo because the game was so d@mn hard. Yes, I beat it- and it is hard as hell. I've got a FAQ up on GameFaQ's still, I believe; if it's not there anymore PM me and I'll send it to you. ;)

Snoopy7548
02-10-2002, 03:22 PM
atari-i never played it because i was really young
nes-awesome, one of the best systems, i still have it with the gun and powerpad
snes-good system
genesis-awesome (when i was sick, my brothers friend let me borrow the 32x, and a few games, and i thought it was so cool, he had doom, it was so fun)
n64-good for about a year, then it sucked
psx-good, i have like 270 burned games, even though i never play it anymore
xbox-awesome
i think that the best systems were nes, snes, and genesis, those had the best games and everything. those were the good ol' days:D

Variation-XBA
02-10-2002, 03:27 PM
I still got mah Philipps CDI with Dragon's Lair!http://www.freakygamers.com/smilies/s2/ups/dvx_rune/lol.gif

Afro Aura
02-10-2002, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Yes, I beat it- and it is hard as hell.

I'll praise you, you a true gamer anyone who has completed Magican Lord, must have the patience of a saint

I also have and Intellivision and Burger Time was a great game
Philips CD- i: yeah both Zeldas and Link were pretty cool, it's a shame that the Link in the new Zelda on the GC looks like a tiny version of the Link on the CD-i
3DO: Hmm did you have Street Fighter for it, I bought the Capcom joysick for it weird thing it was it had a port so you good attach another joystick to it,

Now to prove your a turer than ture gamer have completed Raiden Traid on the Genesis, now Magician Lord was hard but this was just a joke
never completed Magician Lord on the Neo boo hoo sniff..sniff..
See Ya:D

Afro Aura
02-10-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by Variation
I still got mah Philipps CDI with Dragon's Lair![/IMG]

Oh Noooo, I'll pray for you LOL

mtbaird5687
02-10-2002, 04:32 PM
XBOX i also had supa nes and n64 but now with xbox almost online its gonna be sweet

FlyBoy
02-10-2002, 04:43 PM
You're all missing the best system of all time!!! THE ORIGINAL GAMEBOY!!!:cool:

Afro Aura
02-10-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by FlyBoy
You're all missing the best system of all time!!! THE ORIGINAL GAMEBOY!!!:cool:

Yeah you could say that but aren't we talking about consoles?
I did have a Gameboy Bionic Commandos and Bomber Man you just can't have that handheld without them, Atari Lynxs loved Klax the Segas Game Gear yeah Shinboi and the Neo
Pocket "Street Fighter vs King of the Fighters" now thats a brilliant fighting game on any handheld

Shadow Fox
02-10-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Afro Aura

I'll praise you, you a true gamer anyone who has completed Magican Lord, must have the patience of a saint

I also have and Intellivision and Burger Time was a great game
Philips CD- i: yeah both Zeldas and Link were pretty cool, it's a shame that the Link in the new Zelda on the GC looks like a tiny version of the Link on the CD-i
3DO: Hmm did you have Street Fighter for it, I bought the Capcom joysick for it weird thing it was it had a port so you good attach another joystick to it,

Now to prove your a turer than ture gamer have completed Raiden Traid on the Genesis, now Magician Lord was hard but this was just a joke
never completed Magician Lord on the Neo boo hoo sniff..sniff..
See Ya:D Never beat Raiden Triad on Genesis; my friend had it, but he was stingy with his games, so I had to just play as much as I could at his house. Now Strider Arcade, and Mercs Arcade were hard as $hit- never beat them without using like 20 continues. I have, however, beat Metal Slug 1, 2, and X in one sitting- using only a max of 3 credits...:D

Truly hard would be beating Super Turbo on level 8 on 3D0/Arcade w/o losing a round for the best ending. And yes, I did buy that Capcom stick, and also bought the 3D0/SNES converter, which proved even more effective for finally going thru the game with Ryu undefeated...;)

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

J Dub
02-10-2002, 09:33 PM
I owned a NES, Genesis, PSX, and now an XBOX.

NES: It was a great little system for its time. Back when I was a little'un I couldn't stop playing it.

Genesis: Another great system. It had some pretty cool games.

Playstation: My favourite system of all time. The graphics were pretty good considering when it came out and it had tons of GREAT games.

XBOX: My current pride and joy. I love it, but there aren't too many games out yet. Soon though it will take over the Playstation as my favourite system.

aronx
02-11-2002, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
Has or still owns:

Collecovision: kick ass. Had the Pacman arcade games, q-bert, pinball, and my alltime fav- Roundup!!

Intellivision: BurgerTime=God. nuff' said.

Atari 7800: 8-bit Mario Bros!!!(that was as close as you could get to an NES back then). Some other updates of 2600 games, like Crystal Castles, Spiderman, Combat 2, Defender 2, and Asteroids remix.

NES: The longest running console in history (11 years, two months). Ninja Gaiden, Rush'n Attack, Contra, Ikari Warriors, Double Dragon, Mario 3.

Sega Master System I: The first console in the US to not require a cart to play a game. Built in were Safari Hunt, Virual On, TigerWhip, and on some lucky units, Space Harrier. Home of Alex Kidd games, the original Altered Beast, and Phantasy Star.

Sega Genesis: Bland colors, but kick ass games. Sonic, Phantasy Star, Lunar, Eternal Champions, and the most expensive 16-bit cart in history, Virua Racing- at a whopping $105 upon release.

Super Famicom: Had to get one; just to play Mario World, Star Ocean, Tales of Phantasia, and FFIV before anyone else. Also featured a CD unit called the PlayStation (sound familiar?), developed by Sony for future titles Ura Zelda, Hotel Mario, and Super Volleyball II. Advanced versions of Gradius III, Pilotwings, UN Squadron, and Final Fight (with Guy playable) were better than their US counterparts. There was also a satellite modem for the unit....

Super Nintendo: F-Zero. All Capcom games. All Square/Enix games. Destruction of the "blast processing" rumor with a title called Uniracers. Better and more colors, more effects; and early 3D technology. Did I mention Super Metroid and the best Zelda- A Link to the Past?....

Turbo Grafix 16: Bonk's Adventure. A true version of R-Type. Early SNK games. Those (then cool) cards. Vibrant colors, but limited special effects (scaling frontends, but no background). Overall great effort by NEC. Too bad US sales sucked. The CD addon only featured one game I wanted: Sherlock Holmes- which I immediately sold back with the hardware after I realized it.

Neo-Geo Silver: The grand-daddy of them all. A huge, 24-bit custom SNK processor, IDENTICAL to the arcade units. The first console to achieve perfect arcade conversions after the 4-bit era. Fatal Fury, World Heroes, 8Man, Magician Lord, Super Baseball 2020, R-Type: Genesis, and Samurai Shodown all came at a cost- roughly $200 per cart, and $600 for the Silver system I owned. The Gold system was aroun $750 when it was released. Think Xbox is big? if you're ever lucky enough to be around one of these monsters, you'll think again...

Sega CD: Night Trap, Sewer Shark, Sonic CD (the best Sonic, IMO), Eternal Champions, and Working Designs RPG's. Wierder still, is some of the later SegaCD games (the two that needed 32X, and some others), didn't support the first edition Sega CD units (the tray loading unit that sits underneath the Genesis), which I unfortunately had.

32X: MKII, the best arcade-to-home conversion, not much else good, except Chaotix and Virtua Fighter I.

Magnavox 3DO: Quite a rare unit (since the majority were Panasonic and Goldstar versions). Got it and a CD-i, also from Magnavox. Games featured the first ever arcade perfect port of Super Turbo, Daedlus Encounter, B.A.L.L.Z., Rise of the Robots, Way of the Warrior, and D: Special Edition. Good console overall; although the five-button controller was a bit freaky...

Magnavox CD-i: Gotta have my Zeldas- Zelda's Adventure, Link: The Faces of Evil, and Zelda: The Wand of Gamelon were kick ass for their time, IMO. True the gameplay sucked compared to the originals, but for a third party effort it was great hack'n slash. Then there was your choice of TRUE mature games, namely Mad Dog McCree, Burn Cycle, Lethal Enforcers, and Mario is Missing, which eventually made it to SNES...

Atari Jaguar: This system was pretty bad. Not only did the controllers suck (30+dial-pad buttons?), but featured lackluster graphics that could be achieved on the SNES. For a quoted "64-bit" system, this was not good. Kasumi Ninja and Rayman were great titles, as were Wolfenstien 3D, Doom, and Primal Rage, just not good enough. The Jaguar CD featured good titles like Creature Shock, Dragon's Lair, and BattleMorph, and Demolition Man, but little more than that. Pawned the CD player, and still have the Jaguar unit (for Primal Rage and Kasumi Ninja purposes only).

Sega Saturn: Not much to remember here except Shinobi, Virtua Fighter, Virtua Cop, and Ultimate MK3. Promptly sold the unit, only to find out later that it would be a haven for excellent RPG's that wouldn't hit the PSX until a full year later than it's fall release in 1995. Lucky enough to play Nights thru a friend that kept the unit.

Turbo Duo: Basically all the NEC franchises all over again; Bonk, R-Type, rinse, lather, repeat. Sold promptly to afford an N64 import.

Nintendo 64: Mario 64 was kick ass, even though there was some clipping and draw-in issues (which were fixed in the "ultra64" version later). Pilotwings, Kirby's Air Ride (which never made it to US), and WaveRace were killer apps. Sold for a US Ultra 64 on September 23, 1996- a full week before the launch date.

Nintendo "Ultra" 64: Waited 3 days to buy Mario 64, and played it for a full 2 months (even though I found everything in a week). The game was that fun and revolutionary. Finally everything made sense in english (unlike the jap version), and Killer Instinct was the killer app for me- KI Gold was my answer to the arcade visits. Later populated by bloodfests like Castlevania, Duke Nukem, Quake, Hexen, Doom64, Nightmare Creatures, Mace: The Dark Age, MKT/MK4, War Gods, and later graced by Resident Evil 2 and CBFD. Perfect Dark and Goldeye redefined the FPS genre Doom64 so eliquently started in the 32/64-bit era, and Zelda did what it always did- sell systems.

PSX: finally got this thing after the lack of N64 RPG's in 1996. Scored Star Ocean II, Chrono Cross, Lunar: Silver Star Story Complete, FF7-9, Breath of Fire, Persona, Grandia, and DragonQuest. Scored underrated and unknown games like Cardinal Syn, Evil Zone (very rare), Toshinden, Tekken I, and Loaded.

Dreamcast: Too many games to name. System was kick ass, and is actually responsible for Xbox's existence (Windows CE). Nice developer SDK, controller's favorable, and kick-ass games that I can't name due to the sheer numbers...

PS2: Disappointment. The hype was too much for this system to only be launched with a crappy Ridge Racer and DVD player. Granted, TTT did kick ass, but it wasn't as much of a neccessity for a PS2 like Soul Calibur was to DC. Ebayed that thing in summer 2k, only to find out that it would later rule the gaming industry....

Xbox: A system that actually lived up to it's hype somewhat. Halo did kick major ass, as did Max Payne, NFL Fever, and Mad Dash, but what else are we to look forward to? We can only wait for the answer, just like GCN owners...

GCN: A system that also managed to live up to it's hype despite heavy "kiddy" bashing started in the N64 days. Smash DX, RL, and Monkey Ball are so addicting it's sickening. Currently the only games to look forward to besides these are in the distant future of 2k2, so if you've already played all the GCN blockbusters, you're screwed.

So, out of all that, I'd defianately say SNES has been the best system I've ever owned. It surpassed all expectations I had of it, it featured games that are still challenging, and brought 2D games to their knees. That (and tons of exclusive content) warrant Super NES as the ultimate system, specwise and gamewise for its time.

I think you make a good point but could you elaborate a little more. I think I"m looking a short dissertation comparing and contrasting the SNES with the DC.

Shadow Fox
02-11-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by aronx

I think you make a good point but could you elaborate a little more. I think I"m looking a short dissertation comparing and contrasting the SNES with the DC. SNES simply was the best system for the 2D generation. As for 3d, we'll never know, so DC can't really shine here. It HAS featured some outstanding graphics, sound, and games, but none of them attained the classic feel of the vast majority of SNES games. Compare the Rockman X series alone against any action platformer on DC (or any other console, for that matter). Simply put, no 3D game has ever fully represented a 2d game's classic feel (albeit Maximo for PS2), IMO.

As good as the Dreamcast still is as a console/VCD/MP3 player, it still doesn't top the fun I had with my SNES. So as opposed to DC, I'd choose SNES; it's given me a better gaming experience, period.

GokuX
02-11-2002, 09:08 PM
I saw Strider somewhere in all these posts. That game ruled, I could beat it in 15 minutes exactly without continues, I had a friend time me. I also liked Double Dragon Arcade cuz I could beat that on one quarter.

As far as consoles go I'm gonna have to go with the SNES seeing as it offered the most game play. Though on the 32X we played Doom to death, as well as Star Wars Arcade and Virtua Racing. It woulda been better if the rental placed woulda rented the games. The only 32X CD game I got to try out with its 32,000 colors was Farenheight. Oh I also liked Supreme Warrior for the Sega CD, that game was pretty funny.

darianX
02-12-2002, 08:17 AM
Let's see...my first system was an Atari 2600, fell out for a few years, then picked up a NES which I absolutely HATED. Bought a Genesis after that...the Genesis ate many many hours of my time. I didn't even look at consoles during the reign of the PS1 because I always thought the games looked so jagged on it. Finally I grabbed the Xbox, the system that pulled me off the computer.

I would have to say that the Atari 2600 is the favorite. Don't get me wrong, I ADORE the Xbox and all it offers, but the 2600 was my first. Without that system, I wouldn't have the love of gaming now :cool:

Snoopy7548
02-12-2002, 05:16 PM
i used to think that snes was better than genesis, although i had both, but now, when i really look at the games the genesis had, i think the genesis was better. the genesis just had some classic sweet games. like clayfighter, mortal kombat (with blood, the cheat code for the cheat menu thing was so awesome), eternal champions (remember that game? that was the shiznit, although i never found out how to do the finishers), sonic games, the xmen games, and so many other games

doctorrevill
02-13-2002, 12:35 AM
I have to say you're wrong about the SNES. EVERYONE I knew had Genesis. The MADDEN games and NHL Hockey sold a gazillion Genesis consoles. I know there was a great debate then between the systems but overall the quality of the gameplay was superior on the Genesis.

And you have to give props to the Intellivision. WoW those games were revolutionary. You have to remember they came out in 1980! Each game was a product of one person. They thought it up, they programmed it, they debugged it. Each game was a masterpiece that set the stage for the games we play today. All the mistakes that Atari and Mattel made were learned by Nintendo and Sega to bring systems to the market. I wish we could see the originality of some of those games in games today. THAT reason is why I hate Sony. They crowded Sega out of the market. I don't see anyone taking software chances like Sega does which is giving us this market where new genres never emerge, and specialty genres, like sim games, never make it to consoles.

But to answer the question, the Genesis was the best system ever released, although I will always have a soft spot in my heart for the SEGA Saturn since its NETLINK internet browser lead me to the lady that became my wife, and that is pretty cool. Happy Valentines Day Hunny Bunny:Dhttp://rbox.victoly.com/~blackjax/INTV/promo_carts/78demo_rev/2.JPG Look at 1981 Football!!! You could create your Own play every down!!! How cool is that?

Shadow Fox
02-13-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by doctorrevill
I have to say you're wrong about the SNES. EVERYONE I knew had Genesis. The MADDEN games and NHL Hockey sold a gazillion Genesis consoles. I know there was a great debate then between the systems but overall the quality of the gameplay was superior on the Genesis.That depends, and is all on the opinion of the gamer. Believe-it-or-not, all of EA's sports games (and the horrible Urban Strike series) were also released on SNES and PC. We all know at that point and time, SNES conversions saw better graphics, but the gameplay was the same as the genesis. Now games that did set Sega apart were it's exclusive RPG lineup-(Popful Mail, Lunar, Phantasy Star, etc), but it still can't compare to the SNES exclusive enix and square lineup (the best FF and Dragonquest games), but eh...

And as for the "blood code", anyone remember MKII for SNES? Yup, that's the one...;)

*has flashbacks of running into Serpent, Leanne Hornbuckle, and blue Jade on SNES MKII*
And you have to give props to the Intellivision. WoW those games were revolutionary. You have to remember they came out in 1980! Each game was a product of one person. They thought it up, they programmed it, they debugged it. Each game was a masterpiece that set the stage for the games we play today. All the mistakes that Atari and Mattel made were learned by Nintendo and Sega to bring systems to the market. I wish we could see the originality of some of those games in games today. THAT reason is why I hate Sony. They crowded Sega out of the market. I don't see anyone taking software chances like Sega does which is giving us this market where new genres never emerge, and specialty genres, like sim games, never make it to consoles. Yes I gave props to intellivision, and why would I forget they came out in 1981 (not 80)? There wasn't anything but Colecovision and Intellivision on the market then. Intellivision had better games, but Colecovision had more games, so it was the most popular (reminds me of two other comparable consoles...:rolleyes: ). And BurgerTime was revolutionary as hell. You try to find a game like it in 1981. My statement still stands...

*looks in closet*

Hmmm....it seems I've forgotten to mention my pocket systems- Virtual Boy, TG-16 Pocket, GameBoy I, Gameboy Pocket, and GBA. Does Super GameBoy count, too?