PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Help!

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 10:08 AM
This morning I just popped in one of game ok...nothing unusual. Then the disc iss damaged or dirty thing comes up. I clean it..it still says it. I put in every disk I have...says the same thing. Then later it decides to just sit there when a disc is in, not say a thing. Can anyone help me..is it broken..or is there something wrong?

mattcoxonline
02-10-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by Masta Chief
Can anyone help me..is it broken..or is there something wrong?
There is something wrong.

monkeyman
02-10-2002, 11:04 AM
yeah theres something wrong

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 11:36 AM
smarty pants...can anyone HELP me?

mattcoxonline
02-10-2002, 11:52 AM
With problems like this, nobody on forums really knows how to fix things....so, what I suggest is phoning the technical support number....911 (i think) :D

Woocifer
02-10-2002, 11:55 AM
Listen I had a problem where I was ripping a music cd and after a while nothing would work anymore... the tracks showed up as ONE GIANT track and you couldnt rip anything.

Some discs said they were too damaged and blah blah blah...

It wouldnt work.

So I got EXTREMELY ****ed off...but thought, wait this is like a pc, and if a pc gets so screwed up that restarting doesnt work, you are told to unplug the thing from the wall for a minute.

I unplugged my xbox...let the residual power die, and plugged it back in after approx. 30 seconds. Low and behold EVERYTHING worked again...retarded I know, but it worked.

So try that first...unplug it from the wall for about 1 minute and then try it again.

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 12:19 PM
the unplug thing...doesn't work

Woocifer
02-10-2002, 12:20 PM
burn it...

Dark-one187
02-10-2002, 12:22 PM
Take it back to the store if you have a warrnty... if not call the 1-800 number you probably have dirt on the lense or maybe the lense is just broken. I doubt it is broken probably dirt on the lense and sorry no I do not know how you clean it.

GokuX
02-10-2002, 01:06 PM
Don't they have DVD lens cleaner disks yet? If it's busted anyway there wouldn't be any harm in using one of those as a last option just to see if maybe some peice of crud got stuck on the lens. At least if it worked U wouldn't have to send it to be repaired if that's what your warranty was. If U have the EB warranty then U might as well take it back.

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 01:18 PM
we called the microsoft service, and they said the hard disk went bad. Then we called EB because we have the warranty, and they will just replace it. So now I am buying a memory card to save all of my hard work and all.

Woocifer
02-10-2002, 02:35 PM
If the game disk doesnt read, what does that have to do with the harddrive???? That one doesnt make any sense to me...

monkeyman
02-10-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Masta Chief
we called the microsoft service, and they said the hard disk went bad. Then we called EB because we have the warranty, and they will just replace it. So now I am buying a memory card to save all of my hard work and all.
wow that sucks i would still keep my old one and put it on a plague and put it gold writing "R.I.P. xbox 2001-2002" and keep it forever man i would hate to have all my hard work die

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 05:27 PM
hey the hard drive stores things, and it helps run the Xbox. Also that is why I am getting a memory card..so I can transfere as much hard work as I can. I even completely beat Dead or Alive 3..but that can't be copied:confused: ...They won't let you keep the old Xbox, because they switch them just incase you are trying to jip them.

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 05:30 PM
But one thing don't put the Xbox in a confined shelf..my friend did that, and it overheated. The status ring starts flashing orange. He was lucky it didn't get messed up

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 05:31 PM
AHHH...It has been about 12 hours and I am going insane not being able to play halo:mad: . My dad said why don't I play PSO...:eek:

Woocifer
02-10-2002, 05:45 PM
I wonder if you could have attached the hard drive to a computer, or even just have got a memory card and copied to it before you gave back the old Xbox... I have a hard time believing the system is on the hd, so I wonder if you could have transferred the data over. I mean you said all that wouldnt work was the dvds right?

hmmm....

Masta Chief
02-10-2002, 06:37 PM
yeah...the hd just stores memory..I ment it also has temporary memory while playing games. That is why on halo if you save a game and go directly back on the level barely a load time. But if you try another level then go back to that one...there is a load time.. The only thing I can't do is put any type of disc in the tray. It won't even read CD's!:eek: