PDA

View Full Version : Mod's seem to be all the same on every site.

Dark-one187
02-10-2002, 12:17 PM
It is as simple as that.

I been tired of console wars, so I am at home sitting with some friends and they are big Xbox fanboys, I love the xbox personally but they begin to say how no Xbox fanboys would ever diss another console and I once again had to prove my pot smoking junkie of friends wrong. So anyways I log into the XBA chat room under a XBA Guest, and I said bluntly Xbox sucks and GC and PS2 Rocks, yes I said it that simply so anyways there were two people in the chat and I will not mention their names. Anyways then they begin to make fun of of the GC which was totally funny anyways I proved my friends wrong and then I got into it which I kind of did ask for after all I did start it so anyways the arguement continues and the fools in the chat room diss me I diss them back no biggie anyways it continues and then a MOD in the chat room who never say my comments on the xbox sucked as which I said but do not believe, doesn't even give me a warning and boots me off so I become the only one to get booted so I say something and seeing as the mod did not know anything at all and hasn't been watching everything. Anyways point is I was end up defending my self, I never did insult them until after they began to insult me. So basically I went back in to the chat and Shannon the mod says I have a lot of home work so do not get me in a bad mood, how is SHANNON having alot of home work my problem or anyone else. And I was a little ****ed off seeing as I was the only one booted for ending up defending my self. And nothing happened to anyone else so I said to Shannon to go do their home work and let the big boys play, and guess what I am banned wow isn't it great?? See the favortism that works so hard with a mod??? Do you truly see it??? Anyways I do understand that I started a console battle to prove some friends wrong but I do not understand how can a mod be so foolish by booting another person with out knowing the whole story I truly think that the mod needs to learn some things which I will not say cause I will be banned for this board next!!!

Anyways I should not say all mods are the same seeing as I have met a couple of cool mods like ManeatingCow... and Jason, Jeremy seems cool also just never talks anyways .... what ever need to rant a little.

P.s is there a guide for genma Onimusha yet??? I want to figure out the little box's codes there.

The Terminator
02-10-2002, 12:29 PM
I'll give you a little insight into how mods think, based on my experiences as the mod of a major Quake 2, and a large Quake 3 server.

When I log on, often I would find the servers in pure chaos if there were no other mods there when I had arrived. Depending on what mood I was in, I'd start issuing mass warnings, and wait for everything to return to normal. If I was in a bad mood, I'd kick the first 2-3 ppl I saw insulting others, or kick anyone who I saw spawn-camping or whatever, and would often find out (through emails such as your post) that these ppl were responding to others who had started everything. However, if I saw any racist comment of any kind, I'd kick and ban that person's ip, and leave it up to the server owner to unban them.

At first, you do everything very fairly, and make certain to make the right decisions. After awhile, however, all the BS gets repetitive, and you just get sick of seeing the same arguments w/ different names behind the argument, so you just start kicking ppl at will. The server owners never cared either, b/c they put admins like me in charge b/c they were fed up w/ doing the job that the mods were appointed to do.

At any rate, it's often good to have a cycle of mods to go through, so you always have fresh mods who are willing to do these fairly, and when they get hardened like I and many other mods did, have someone to replace them for awhile, and then bring the old mod back into power.

At any rate, the mods just do their jobs as they see fit, and altho we often did things unfairly, it had a tendency to solve the problem, and that's all that really matters for the most part.

Dark-one187
02-10-2002, 12:43 PM
Yeah true thanks for the reply, I basically had to vent anyways I am now allowed in the chat which is cool. But I do understand about that cause any repeat on a job becomes annoying big time.

GokuX
02-10-2002, 12:57 PM
I suppose U all should have been kicked. I probably would have kicked U right after your first line, because all that sounds like to me is you're in there to stir up trouble when you come in and say something to that effect. As the mod knows of no other reason for U saying Xbox stinks yada yada he decides to kick U cuz he doesn't know your true intentions. If U start an Xbox stinks thread in the X vs GC boards it will get locked. If U keep doing it, then U'll probably get banned. The two that assailed U in the chat room probably shoulda gotten kicked too but the mod looks at like this probably: They were in already, they are Xbox fans. U come in and start saying things so U look like a "troll." Being that it is an Xbox chat you don't get the benefit of the doubt even though they responded in kind because U started it with your anti Xbox statement. It's easy to find problems with moderators, etc if U really want to by doing things such as U did. You asked for it though so I can understand that the mod kicked U only.

Tazilla
02-10-2002, 08:34 PM
Dark-one187

I feel your pain, but you did admit to purposely starting a flame war,...

everyone loves there favorite console,.. I own three of the four, and I will not be purchasing that fourth one, for many reasons.

I will however spend that amount on Adult beverages in a matter of days,..

:D

ShannonX
02-10-2002, 08:52 PM
you admit to starting that little argument, hence, the reason i kicked you. When other members of the chat start complaining about one person, then thats usually a sign that something needs to be done. I'm sorry you didn't like what i did, and as you noticed, i only booted you off for 5 minutes to let things cool down. Seems things went well after the ban was lifted, so lets consider it water under the bridge. I'm sure you have plenty of interesting contributions to be made to the chat, and i'm sure we would all enjoy talking to you.

Well, thats all i'm going to say about this. If you'd like to talk to me further, i'd appreciate it if you would private message me or any other mod/admin. Thanks.

GamerSince'76
02-10-2002, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by the Terminator:
However, if I saw any racist comment of any kind, I'd kick and ban that person's ip, and leave it up to the server owner to unban them.

Terminator I thinks thats a good policy.
;)