PDA

View Full Version : The best Halo 2 video so far. StK OGRE 1 rapes...

E Nomini Patri
02-08-2005, 11:40 PM
http://www.boomerica.com/synide/OGRE1_41-0.wmv

Watch and learn people.

The Jackal
02-09-2005, 12:43 AM
that was pretty nice... but oh so so pathetic they couldnt even kill him once

RetroShadow
02-09-2005, 01:07 AM
I want him on my friends list!!!

MerimacHamwich
02-09-2005, 02:09 AM
He definetly knows how to play. Has the common routes down, and timing. As well as other quirks. The real story behind the video though, is his teammates prepping his kills, and taking the deaths. Without the teamwork, that video wouldn't have happened.

Variation-XBA
02-09-2005, 02:32 AM
He aint that good at sniping :P

Still like the sticky nade video better

magicdan
02-09-2005, 06:10 AM
Does anyone here own Manhunt?

m4oH
02-09-2005, 06:15 AM
Damn that was random. :rofl: But yeah that video was go0od.

SilverOak
02-09-2005, 07:48 AM
I wish we could have heard the post game discussion in the Lobby. :rofl:

Variation-XBA
02-09-2005, 11:01 AM

you win at posting!

Ghost
02-09-2005, 12:18 PM
bandwith exceeded

anthraxx
02-09-2005, 01:33 PM
bandwith exceeded

i got the same error

Colonel Tofu
02-09-2005, 01:54 PM
ugh, I can mirror it if someone wants to send it to me.

l Maximus l
02-09-2005, 02:00 PM
errr...same error here... :(

rolling stone
02-09-2005, 02:10 PM
i love how every time somebody posts a cool video the bandwidth gets exceeded not even a day later..haha

can someone post a mirror?

Xorg
02-09-2005, 02:10 PM
xba once again, pwns someone's bandwith

Tecknolust
02-09-2005, 02:29 PM
ogres smell like weed...

Wolfboy_888
02-09-2005, 02:55 PM
my buddies clan played them in a team slayer and held their own 50-39 or something..not bad considering we're all level 10-15 and not king of the nerds that play the game all day

Xer0Mercy
02-09-2005, 05:15 PM
That joker is damn good.

Reclaimer
02-09-2005, 06:44 PM
I wonder what it would be like to be that good at Halo 2?
I can't find the time to play that much to be that good at the game.

# 1 Stunner
02-09-2005, 07:42 PM
thats crazy, id give him a run for his money though, these guys like play halo for a living, not sure how they could keep a job playing that much, unless there rich bastages..

stormin4
02-09-2005, 08:08 PM
Anyone got this mirrored yet? Bandwidth still exceeded.

ScorpionX
02-09-2005, 08:09 PM
thats crazy, id give him a run for his money though, these guys like play halo for a living, not sure how they could keep a job playing that much, unless there rich bastages..

What the hell are you talking about, they are high school kids :rolleyes: And how would you know how much they play anyway :rolleyes: Plus they have won a couple thousand from MLG's and AGP's :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

# 1 Stunner
02-09-2005, 08:12 PM
What the hell are you talking about, they are high school kids :rolleyes: And how would you know how much they play anyway :rolleyes: Plus they have won a couple thousand from MLG's and AGP's :rolleyes:

whoa calm down, im just making assumptions , your kinda acting like you know these guys personally.. :rolleyes:......

LeoBreaker
02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
bandwidth exceeded still..

E Nomini Patri
02-09-2005, 08:58 PM
I can't find a good link sorry guys. It's down for the count I guess.

Reclaimer
02-09-2005, 09:27 PM

God, why do you always jump down people's throats when it comes to Halo?
Seriously, that Ogre guy? Fine. He's good. Worship him or whatever.
But it's not that big of a deal.
Stop jumping up and down and getting mad all the time in here.

Ghost
02-10-2005, 12:20 AM
I found a new link http://www.combovideos.com/page.php?id=365 now everyone say they love me...

omg, he plays smart, he has some skill, but i belive the game is more smarts than plain all out skill.
I mean he got tripled, his smarts were hearing them and then dealing with them with some skill and timing of the sword, belive not many of us could have defended ourselves against three flanking opponents.

Echoes
02-10-2005, 07:26 AM
we love the video warrior, but i dont know about you :)

lol just playing, nice find or save or whatever the hell you want to call it

Colonel Tofu
02-10-2005, 12:24 PM
StK took basically all the good players from halo 1 and made a super Halo team. Along with the Ogres there are better players like my friend David Walsh aka Walshy " Hotshy" on XBL.

They are normal people, Hotshy goes to CC but spends most of his time traveling the US playing in tournies around the country. So far he has gained sponsorship, airfare and hotel accomidations paid for, as well as the earnings from their teams winnings.

Zyos even got to travel the world to asia because of Halo. The scene for MLG is indeed very real and pays off. I too wish I had the time to practice and play as much as them, but they are very real.

If you want to kno what some look like:
Zyos, Gintron, Walshy aka Hotshy, Killer N @ MLG Chicago
http://www.gamersjunction.com/XBC/ColTofu/FFA.jpg

Just for kicks, here's me makin fun of Hotshy at my house

http://www.gamersjunction.com/XBC/ColTofu/parody.jpg

MikeMan91389
02-10-2005, 01:50 PM
my buddies clan played them in a team slayer and held their own 50-39 or something..not bad considering we're all level 10-15 and not king of the nerds that play the game all day

dude, your retarded.. matchmaking ts means nothing, smg spawn... we got beat by noobs 26-1 in ranked slayer, played them br start and won by 35. who is better.... hmm.

next. They don't play the game all day... They play a lot, but thats their job. well, some of them. In ranked slayer, they have been beat by 20-30. but that doesnt matter.. what matters is that they only lost 1 game in about a 20-25 game tournament. sweeping the 2nd place team, 8 games to 0.

last. stunna, you wouldn't give him a run for his money. You wouldn't even give me a run for my money, and i don't have half the smarts that guy does. and yes, i'll play you if you want.

another last, TOFU - where you from in MI? I lanned with some of PS, back in the H1 days, when walshy was runnin with them.. maybe we can throw a tourny down somewhere, or at least have a h1 reunion lan, even tho im garbage now, heh. aim me - mikeman91389.

you know what makes me sad. the ogres thought our team would place top 8 at mlg, but we were no where close :cuss:

EDIT - and you making fun of walshy is hilarious. a couple of my friends were like "you can see his ****ing teeth through his cheeks"

DBL EDIT - I was just talking baseball w/ you the other day. and i no ur not from michigan. heh. i = ****

LTM360
02-10-2005, 02:24 PM
I must say, I am insanely dissapointed.
-He runs away the instant he loses health
-75% of his kills were with a sword
-He isn't that good of a sniper
-He hides quite a bit

I'm not saying by any means the guys sucks; in fact, quite the opposite... but I don't see where people think he's that good. I've seen better players. He just plays smart. Sword > Snipe > Run > Go up elevater

Meh... he's good, but I am dissapointed.

# 1 Stunner
02-10-2005, 02:45 PM
last. stunna, you wouldn't give him a run for his money. You wouldn't even give me a run for my money, and i don't have half the smarts that guy does. and yes, i'll play you if you want.

aha great , lil kid talkin sh1t...ill be glad tooo add my gamertag masterweed 216...

wbio
02-10-2005, 05:00 PM
aha great , lil kid talkin sh1t...ill be glad tooo add my gamertag masterweed 216...
You're just a little more than one year older than him.

jack talent
02-10-2005, 05:04 PM
-He hides quite a bit

I'm not saying by any means the guys sucks; in fact, quite the opposite... but I don't see where people think he's that good. I've seen better players. He just plays smart. Sword > Snipe > Run > Go up elevater

exactly.

wbio
02-10-2005, 09:30 PM
exactly.
Yea, I agree with that too, he wasn't as amazingly skilled as I would have thought (not to say he isn't very skilled, that's obvious), I was kind of surprised by how many times he missed w/ the sniper. But he plays so smart that it doesn't matter too much because he's obviously doing something right.

Ghost
02-11-2005, 01:56 AM
in my opinion the way he plays the game, is the way its meant to be played, as a smart shooter, shooters are not just run-n-gun. He obvisously figured this out and used it for his advantage. Very smart and more skilled than almost every player ive seen, and or played against, some people come at you and shoot you, then they keep following you and boom you turn around and kill em. He ran away instead of following the person, then from afar sniped em, its all about the smart, and your skill to execute your decisions, this guy should really be getting some nice money from those tournies and all.

Tecknolust
02-11-2005, 03:07 PM
if you got a problem with mikeman, you got a problem with me hoe. :)

LoRd StOnEpAw
02-11-2005, 05:01 PM
if you got a problem with mikeman, you got a problem with me hoe. :)

God... half ur posts with the word mikeman in it are suck up posts

Tecknolust
02-11-2005, 05:05 PM
stone? wheres the love bro?

m4oH
02-11-2005, 05:17 PM
Another suck up post.:p Warrior, I love you. There are you happy?

Tecknolust
02-11-2005, 05:40 PM
sorta :)

xbox genius
02-11-2005, 05:43 PM
-He hides quite a bit

yeah from all the good feedback this guy is getting from everyone, i expected alot from the video... he looked like a normal player to me who has the wits to run :-P

seriously... i didnt see anything that a decent regular halo player couldn't do...except some nice jumping spots the enemies were doing to get to him.

E Nomini Patri
02-11-2005, 05:53 PM
You guys who don't think it is anything special are missing the teamwork element here...

Echoes
02-11-2005, 06:13 PM
He'd get raped hard if he was playing it with no radar, this guy wouldnt have a clue what to do because of everything he does in this video, he uses his radar (gernades, crouching and listening)

E Nomini Patri
02-11-2005, 06:29 PM
He'd get raped hard if he was playing it with no radar, this guy wouldnt have a clue what to do because of everything he does in this video, he uses his radar (gernades, crouching and listening)

That is not a realistic conclusion. :/

m4oH
02-11-2005, 06:40 PM
I think the most important concept of this video is the team work of this team. He never tried to get the hill. He gave his teammates back up when enemies tried to contest or take over the hill but never went after it. I would really like to see that game from one of his teammates point of view also. Let's not forget he never died. 41 kills.

ScorpionX
02-11-2005, 06:56 PM
You guys are too funny

MikeMan91389
02-11-2005, 07:13 PM

you sir, are a retard...

why would his team win the 4v4 mlg dc tourny..... because they are the best. and that tourny is played w/ no radar.

this wasn't supposed to be a montage... it was just one of his 'regular' games..

MikeMan91389
02-11-2005, 07:16 PM

good, then its game on.

glad to add ya...

ill be on from 9pm till 12 tonight... back up your little comment about a lil kid talkin ****... wouldn't wanna get beat by a lil kid, would you?

MikeMan91389
02-11-2005, 07:22 PM
in my opinion the way he plays the game, is the way its meant to be played, as a smart shooter, shooters are not just run-n-gun. He obvisously figured this out and used it for his advantage. Very smart and more skilled than almost every player ive seen, and or played against, some people come at you and shoot you, then they keep following you and boom you turn around and kill em. He ran away instead of following the person, then from afar sniped em, its all about the smart, and your skill to execute your decisions, this guy should really be getting some nice money from those tournies and all.

they are making some nice money from these tournaments, and endorsements.

ex. and yes, (I know these guys aren't stk)
TSQUARED (from x6) - free converse shoes, nokia products, airfare, and says he'll make about 80k this year, but im thinkin a lil less than that, since stk will prolly win every tourny that they are in. they were 8-0 vs. x6 last tourny.

LiL Poison (from STR8 RIPPIN)- this kid is 6 years old. his dad is the person who runs xtourny's. the kid is insane, i play with him a bunch... this 15 year old was talkin **** to him... (the kid sounds like a 4-6 year old) i was like, dude, wtf, he's six.. so after the game.. guess who had less deaths more kills. heh....signed by mlg, has his own manager - gets most the same stuff as t2.

EDIT - TRIPLE POST, KILLTACULAR

E Nomini Patri
02-11-2005, 07:54 PM
You guys are too funny

Be quiet, just because you are 13th in the world in team slayer does not give you the right to speak. ;)

Colonel Tofu
02-11-2005, 07:56 PM

MLG settings have no radar. StK won the last MLG in DC.

No further comments.

m4oH
02-11-2005, 08:08 PM
good, then its game on.

glad to add ya...

ill be on from 9pm till 12 tonight... back up your little comment about a lil kid talkin ****... wouldn't wanna get beat by a lil kid, would you?
I got 2000 big ones on SonofSam2 smoking #1 stunna but thats just a guess. I've never seen stunner play. If you do play by MLG rules, Mike will own.

Tecknolust
02-11-2005, 08:28 PM
man oh man its just a game

LoRd StOnEpAw
02-11-2005, 09:23 PM
God... for all you guys saying it's no big deal... well it isn't. Know why? This is just a regular ****ing custom game. They aren't playing for cash. They're playing for fun. He just realizes half-way through the game that he hasn't died so he becomes cautious since he doesn't want to die. Also, this isn't even his TEAM! They're just f'ing around. Had it been the actual StK team that they use in MLG games... they would have hands down raped those guys. So give the man his props for his 41-0 cuz that doesn't necessarily happen every day and takes some stuff. To those who say their surprised that he missed some snipes, who doesn't once in a while?

Ninjermy
02-11-2005, 09:38 PM
BAH!!! LINKAGE TEH NOT WORk!!!

MikeMan91389
02-12-2005, 12:17 AM
God... for all you guys saying it's no big deal... well it isn't. Know why? This is just a regular ****ing custom game. They aren't playing for cash. They're playing for fun. He just realizes half-way through the game that he hasn't died so he becomes cautious since he doesn't want to die. Also, this isn't even his TEAM! They're just f'ing around. Had it been the actual StK team that they use in MLG games... they would have hands down raped those guys. So give the man his props for his 41-0 cuz that doesn't necessarily happen every day and takes some stuff. To those who say their surprised that he missed some snipes, who doesn't once in a while?

pwnd. he didn't have a single member of his tournament team with him. just some other pros. and this isn't his montage, that will be coming out shortly..

bretman1234
02-12-2005, 03:40 PM
Sometimes I wonder how good I would be if I had teammates even slightly as good as this kids, because it irritates me that most of the people I play with are complete garbage. I'm not saying I'm even in the same league as this guy, but he should be thanking his teammates every second he gets. Obviously he's very good, just teh StK in front of his name tells you that, but nothing in the video impressed me very much. Of course people prefer the sniper/sticky video to this, and would probably say that guy is better, but you have to remember that guy was using highlights of hundreds of games he's played, and this was just one continuous game. Judging from the video alone though, Ogre is a decent sniper who misses at least 1 shot on each clip. He also is a smart player, who uses the swords power to his advantage. I believe the term is, "sword wh0re" :)

Ghost
02-12-2005, 04:30 PM
bret i am your teamate. Well sorta, now we need 2 more.

TOTTEN
02-12-2005, 04:32 PM
bret i am your teamate. Well sorta, now we need 2 more.
TOTTEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump: :hump:

MikeMan91389
02-12-2005, 05:48 PM
Sometimes I wonder how good I would be if I had teammates even slightly as good as this kids, because it irritates me that most of the people I play with are complete garbage. I'm not saying I'm even in the same league as this guy, but he should be thanking his teammates every second he gets. Obviously he's very good, just teh StK in front of his name tells you that, but nothing in the video impressed me very much. Of course people prefer the sniper/sticky video to this, and would probably say that guy is better, but you have to remember that guy was using highlights of hundreds of games he's played, and this was just one continuous game. Judging from the video alone though, Ogre is a decent sniper who misses at least 1 shot on each clip. He also is a smart player, who uses the swords power to his advantage. I believe the term is, "sword wh0re" :)

i agree and disagree with you.... he is actually a better sniper than that vid showed, and in tournament play, whoever has the sword is the sword whore, but he doesn't rely on it. it was just a goof game, b/c ghandi announced he was charging at least 2x

Echoes
02-12-2005, 07:42 PM
That is not a realistic conclusion. :/
Iknow, the message was sarcastic, it was going out for all those guys who always make an excuse and critize this guys for being too good :P

E Nomini Patri
02-12-2005, 09:00 PM
He IS too good. I like this video better than any montages I have seen so far.

bretman1234
02-13-2005, 12:18 PM
i agree and disagree with you.... he is actually a better sniper than that vid showed, and in tournament play, whoever has the sword is the sword whore, but he doesn't rely on it. it was just a goof game, b/c ghandi announced he was charging at least 2x
Again, thats why I said "from what I saw in the video," since I have never played with him. I can guarantee you that he is not a sword wh0re and that he is an A+ sniper, but I can only go by what I saw in the video.

Spanky85
02-14-2005, 06:54 PM
This video was beautiful! I love watching this guy play. His jumps are flippin' sweet and his skills are awesome. One complaint though. I forgot who said he wouldn't be anywhere without his teammates and they are 100% correct. His team was getting slaughtered. There were a couple of times where he just let his team die so he could gets some kills. He also didnt really help his team besides getting kills. I don't think I ever saw his little voice thing. But besides his selfish play, it was beautiful.

E Nomini Patri
02-14-2005, 09:05 PM
You can't see or hear the voice of the player from their viewpoint...