PDA

View Full Version : Star Craft: Ghost *Rumor Update*

skorp
02-11-2005, 06:48 PM
StarCraft: Ghost Rumor Update
Blizzard chimes in on the latest gossip.

February 11, 2005 - Yesterday, IGNCube posted news of a StarCraft: Ghost rumor, stating the game could possibly ship for the next wave of consoles. An advertisement found within the World of Warcraft packaging stated that Ghost was "coming soon to next generation consoles." The phrase "next-generation" caused quite a stir, as it suggested that Blizzard's long-delayed project would ship for the Nintendo Revolution, PS3 and Xbox 2, bypassing current consoles.

The term "next generation" has often been applied to current systems, but the phrase has been abandoned of late, seeing as the release of new consoles is imminent. Well, the rumors aren't true. Earlier today, Blizzard representatives confirmed that StarCraft: Ghost would remain a title for the GameCube, PS2 and Xbox. The advertisement appeared in a booklet inside the World of Warcraft packaging, and apparently used outdated text, according to Blizzard. The company went on to say "there are currently no plans to develop the title for the next tier of next generation consoles," further cementing the fact that the Ghost rumor was just that, and nothing more.

News regarding Ghost has been scarce. In fact, the last time Ghost made any kind of appearance was at E3 2004, where the game made an appearence in playable form. On June 21, however, Blizzard announced that Ghost would fail to meet its original ship date and that it would be pushed back. Blizzard has yet to announce an official ship date.

Source (http://cube.ign.com/articles/587/587237p1.html)

I almost forgot about this game... :)

Motoko
02-11-2005, 10:17 PM
Take your f*cking time, Blizzard. :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
02-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Meh, doesn't interest me

ramprider0
02-15-2005, 01:14 AM
Yeah I was looking forward to this game but I'm not getting hyped up cause it keeps getting pushed back!

Cryogenic Pyro
02-15-2005, 02:31 AM
Yeah I was looking forward to this game but I'm not getting hyped up cause it keeps getting pushed back!
What are you talking about? By Blizzard standards, this game is gonna come out early!

SamSmith
02-15-2005, 05:06 AM
well its coming to xbox2 yeah?? it says next gen consoles in the wow manual... i really havnt been much hyped for this game, but i look forward to it... as of course it is one of the few officially announced next gen titles around!!

Variation-XBA
02-15-2005, 11:04 PM
well its coming to xbox2 yeah?? it says next gen consoles in the wow manual... i really havnt been much hyped for this game, but i look forward to it... as of course it is one of the few officially announced next gen titles around!!

"next gen" is loosly used and still can mean xb/ps2/gc or xb2/ps3/rev. It's all about wording.

Shadow20002
02-15-2005, 11:50 PM
RARE and now, it's Blizzard.....okie guys, just take your time and you will be forget for good.

SamSmith
02-16-2005, 04:22 AM
"next gen" is loosly used and still can mean xb/ps2/gc or xb2/ps3/rev. It's all about wording.

i know xbox ps2, cube and all have been known as next gen... but at this stage in their lives theyr no longer known as next gen consoles :)