PDA

View Full Version : april 23=morrowind? ? ?

xboxpebbles
02-10-2002, 07:12 PM
omg..i simply cannot wait that long..
ive been waiting EVERYday for it to come
out on the 15th (of feb)
but.. now im hearing rumors of late march and
even into april release dates?
cumon...i understand they need
time, but ive been seeing it be delayed
in november too(remember it was supposed to
come out in nov/dec?
ugh ugh...any1 have any current news?

monkeyman
02-10-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by xboxpebbles
omg..i simply cannot wait that long..
ive been waiting EVERYday for it to come
out on the 15th (of feb)
but.. now im hearing rumors of late march and
even into april release dates?
cumon...i understand they need
time, but ive been seeing it be delayed
in november too(remember it was supposed to
come out in nov/dec?
ugh ugh...any1 have any current news?

i heard early april but i heard late april to so im pretty sure its gonna be on monday

xboxpebbles
02-10-2002, 07:53 PM
it was supposed to come out at the end of
last year..
i even have it reserved at
EB and its supposed to
come out the 15th(in stock the 16th)
of this month of course..
hmm..lets just hope:):o

XBOXgamer13
02-10-2002, 07:59 PM
why do developers always push the release date of this game?

X-Factor
02-10-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by XBOXgamer13
why do developers always push the release date of this game?
To modify, change, and tweak the game. Or maybe simply to add-on to the game.

Frostberg
02-10-2002, 09:00 PM
on elderscrolls.com they talk about spring 2002 in the forums and such, but im HOPING that is the PC version :D

Amazon.com has the 18th...and I hope they are close, but ebgames.com's date is better! I really dont want to have a large gap until a good xbox game comes out again...

X-Factor
02-10-2002, 09:33 PM
Hey, it's better to DELAY a game, then to RUSH a game.

X-Factor
02-10-2002, 09:35 PM
Infact, most games that get delayed end up being the most solid, polished titles of them all.:D

Bundy
02-11-2002, 08:56 AM
ebgames has finally updated there release date. It now shows 4/23. I wonder why it took them so long when other sites had this date a few weeks ago?

Nato King
02-11-2002, 10:24 AM
If any of you guys have a link to a site that says the delay date please post it. Until than I am going with Feb 15. I just want to see it in writing ok.

Bundy
02-11-2002, 10:26 AM
2 sites good enough for ya?

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/categories/products/product.asp?pf_id=209980&mscssid=1984JP7UKFW19J0XV06T19DPW6490B66&ref=1&PromoCode=&site=&siteID=

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product%5Fid=210060

jcroynhp
02-11-2002, 10:29 AM
Just yesterday, EBWorld.com had it being released on Friday the 15th. Now today it says April 23rd!!!!!!!!!

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 12:25 PM
Delayed games is part of the gaming world. It happens regardless of the system and other things. The only reason why gamers get a little steamed is because their excitement and anticipation is so high. X-Factor said it best when he stated that it's better to delay a game than rush a game. He's 100% correct.

I would wait through a year delay (or even more) if Brute Force or Unreal Championship were delayed because those two games are my most highly anticipated games. But, I want them done right...and if that means I have to wait, if that becomes the case, I will without a problem.

It's natural to be disappointed...but, keep in mind that when Morrowind dows come out, it will be exactly what the developers wanted, eventhough it is delayed. If you ask me, time flies...April is right around the corner! Quite frankly, from what I understand that they are doing, April almost seems a little soon if you ask me!

shererboat
02-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor
Hey, it's better to DELAY a game, then to RUSH a game.

couldnt have said it any better.......id much rather have the developers delay the game a bit, and have it come out exactly how they wanted it to, then to rush and have us miss out on sum aspects of the game that wouldve rocked!!!

Dark-one187
02-11-2002, 01:22 PM
I am so tried of these threads... FIRST OFF IT IS NOT DELAYED!!!! How is something delayed that the developers never gave??? all they ever said was SPRING 2002!!!!!! Man people are Blind and just illiterate!!! BOOO HOOO they pushed back a date that Developers never gave BOO HOOO.... e-mail PETE HINES!!!! he will tell you!!! what I have said and that is what he has said all this time!!!! SPRING 2002...

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Dark-one187
I am so tried of these threads... FIRST OFF IT IS NOT DELAYED!!!! How is something delayed that the developers never gave??? all they ever said was SPRING 2002!!!!!! Man people are Blind and just illiterate!!! BOOO HOOO they pushed back a date that Developers never gave BOO HOOO.... e-mail PETE HINES!!!! he will tell you!!! what I have said and that is what he has said all this time!!!! SPRING 2002...

If that is true, then, why in the hell do major retail chains have in their schedules that it was supposed to be in their stores on March 16th? Take Electronics Boutique, for example. Do you think they just made up a random date and crossed their fingers?

shererboat
02-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

If that is true, then, why in the hell do major retail chains have in their schedules that it was supposed to be in their stores on March 16th? Take Electronics Boutique, for example. Do you think they just made up a random date and crossed their fingers?

sum sites have even said as early as this friday......but i guess they just threw a dart at their calendar.....and WHOA - 2/15!!!

Dark-one187
02-11-2002, 01:42 PM
If you talk to EB workers who in my area I know well seeing as after work most times we kick back and have some drinks well they do I just drink water cause I don't really drink anyways they get there information for their HQ and the HQ gets it a project release date which has no meaning. And since you are trying to be a smart ass here is the simple e-mail I got from PETE HINES.... And if you don't believe me PM me and I will forward the e-mail.

Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2001 10:20 AM
To: Moses
Subject: RE: Morrowind Question please.

Spring of this year is as specific as we can get right now.

Thanks for your interest.
-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, January 30, 2001 5:20 PM
To: phines@bethsoft.com
Subject: Morrowind Question please.

Hello,

I was wondering if there is a Official Release date for Morrowind???? I can't wait for this game for the Xbox it looks Amazing so I was wondering!!! Any information on this would be great.

That is all the e-mail anyways.....

xboxpebbles
02-11-2002, 05:45 PM
better delayed than rushed..very true..
its nice to know they are working on it
longer to make it better, its just that
so many ppl were waiting for it this month..
now its not comin(i even had saturdays trip
to electronics boutique planned out)
o well, guess oddworld, azurik, halo, and
wreckless will hold me over till april..:(
i hope!
lol..thanks for the help all:)

TRUE_GAMER
02-12-2002, 01:08 AM
I prepaid and everything. Oh well guess I'll get Raw..or New Legends..or JSRF.

Dog Of War
02-12-2002, 01:54 AM
is now going to have to wait longer for a 2nd good xbox game........