PDA

View Full Version : headphones on xbox?

xboxpebbles
02-10-2002, 07:31 PM
i was wondering if xbox has a place for headphones
(i remeber seeing it on oddworld as an option to use them)
and if it does, can u use any headphones?
and where do u hook them in?

lol..sorry for all the questions!!!:D

monkeyman
02-10-2002, 07:35 PM
that would be awsome they should have a place to hook it up on the controllers

Frostberg
02-10-2002, 08:55 PM
lol i can plug some into my receiver...but why not take advantage of dolby digital 5.1 if you have it?!

thunderkiss2k1
02-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Pebbles, the headphone function on Munch's is for if you have a headphone jack on your TELEVISION. This function is so the sound quality of the game is not compromised. :)

wizkid918
02-10-2002, 09:59 PM
what about PC speakers, what all would you need for that? just a reciever? and would you just plug the audio cable from the RCA into the reciever and then the speakers from the reciever?

LynxFX
02-11-2002, 01:11 AM
Well if you have a sound card that supports DD 5.1 and has an optical spdif in then you could just get the Advanced AV pack or HD AV pack and run the toslink cable to that and out your pc speakers. That is one way. :)

shererboat
02-11-2002, 07:05 AM
just plug phones into ur receiver (if u have it hooked thru ur tv already, like to watch movies and ish).....or if u have a jack available in ur tv, just use that......halo is totally different game with headphones, u pick up so many more sounds, try it if u have the chance~!!

JJaX
02-11-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by shererboat
halo is totally different game with headphones, u pick up so many more sounds, try it if u have the chance~!!

HEhehe and who got you to try this??? Hmmmm??

Could it Be SliM JJaX?

Yeah i was High as hell one night and i plugged in my headphones for some halo. It bugged me out, you can actually here the enemy converse about were you are and stuff. Crazy s4it man.

shererboat
02-11-2002, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by JJaX

Yeah i was High as hell one night and i plugged in my headphones for some halo. It bugged me out, you can actually here the enemy converse about were you are and stuff. Crazy s4it man.

hahaha, i bugged out too:eek: !!.....u even hear footsteps so well, that sumtimes u look behind u, lol!!

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 12:29 PM
I can't wait for the headphones that will be used during on-line gaming! That's going to be awesome! Those headphones will actually attach through the XBox controller...the same place where the memory cards plug into. That's such a brilliant idea!