PDA

View Full Version : New Matrix game announced

Snowblind
02-16-2005, 08:56 PM
Neo-Matrix game named, detailed

Atari uploads details on new title set in The Matrix universe; game lets players take control of "The Chosen One" himself.

Atari today made an official announcement regarding the next installment of games based on the Matrix franchise. Dubbed The Matrix: Path of Neo, the game is set in the universe of The Matrix trilogy. Path of Neo will jack into PCs, PlayStation 2s, and Xboxes this coming holiday season. The title is being developed by Shiny Entertainment, the studio behind 2003's Enter the Matrix.

While the existence of an upcoming Matrix title has been known for a while, the name and details of the project were revealed only today. In The Matrix: Path of Neo, gamers will play as Neo, the sci-fi savior set to free humans from their prisons of virtual reality as created by an invading alien species. The game will feature gameplay based on scenes from The Matrix, The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Revolutions, and The Animatrix collection of anime shorts.

The Wachowski brothers, creators of the Matrix films, will be heavily involved in the game. According to Atari, "The path the player takes to resolve each scenario and the resulting consequences will be scripted and directed by the Wachowski Brothers." The game will also feature the likenesses of the actors portrayed in the films, as Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Ann Moss, Laurence Fishburne, and more will be included, as well as footage from all four films of the franchise.

The game is being developed even though its predecessor was little more than a virus on critic's lists. Released in 2003, Enter the Matrix received mediocre reviews. Despite the critical drubbing, it has sold nearly 6 million units worldwide and featured an original plotline that took place alongside the events of Reloaded.

While The Matrix: Path of Neo won't be released for close to nine months, Matrix-mad gamers will be able to jack into their favorite artificial reality much sooner. The Matrix Online, a massively multiplayer online role-playing game that's being published by Sega and Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment, hits PCs March 22.

Link (http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/thematrixthepathofneo/news_6118536.html)

No, just no.... :bang:

LTM360
02-16-2005, 09:03 PM
Why no?...

Alright look. I HATED Enter the Matrix, it was terrible, awful, crap, sucked, I wish it never came out. BUT, this continues the story from the Wachowski Brothers, so I'm happy. I personally thought there would be another movie, there is; just in video game format. :)

Snowblind
02-16-2005, 11:37 PM
Weren't the Wachowski Brothers heavily involved with ETM as well?

I don't know about you guys, but to me this just screams "Repeat."

MerimacHamwich
02-17-2005, 12:37 AM
Yeah, made by Shiny again too. Which means, it will be underdeveloped again. Good ideas in the last one, just not nearly finished.

Koopa
02-17-2005, 12:43 AM
Tycho of Penny Arcade fame wrote:

"Atari has announced a new Matrix game called Path Of The Neos, which I am fairly certain nobody gives a **** about. It is possible that people cared about it before the Wachowski Brother and Sister obliterated the franchise with their progressively monstrous bull****, but my memory of that ancient period is somewhat hazy."

MXracer721
02-17-2005, 01:34 AM
the matrix series was horrible all except for the first one. as the movies came out they got worse and worse. But hey, ETM was fun for like an hour. but it was fun. im sure that another matrix game will definately be worth a rent but most likely not a buy. The matrix is too good of a storyline to NOT be a video game. So im gonna be hopeful that this will just be "OK".

Max33
02-17-2005, 11:09 AM
ETM was prolly the worst game I ever purchased.Poor level design,non-existant AI...

The first driving level (I played as the dude) felt so thin and forced,that at the end I didnt save,I re-played it to see what would happen if I didnt do anything,so I re-started,set my controller down and still beat the level.

WynnFire
02-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Wait a second....I thought the Wachowski brothers were over. Wasn't Larry becoming Linda? Has he changed his mind? Last I heard, he was trying to become a woman.

Ninjermy
02-18-2005, 11:12 PM
ETM was sure crappy but it was still fun... I enjoyed playing it (most of it at least). There was alot of good things in it, just alot of bad also.
I don't know what to expect from his and frankly i dont care much. If it's good ill look forward to picking it up.

Variation-XBA
02-19-2005, 02:14 AM
They do relize the Matrix bandwagon has come and gone already right?

MXracer721
02-20-2005, 01:50 PM
eh, they'll prolly come out with a "super secret ultra gold platinum limited special edition 30 disc matrix trilogy set" that will come with free neo sunglasses and will be released the same day as the new game.

Shadow20002
02-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Mtrix Online isn't even out yet.

Nurb
02-20-2005, 06:30 PM
its amazing how they keep making money with next to no fanbase

bbchs_trash
02-22-2005, 01:01 AM
You're all nuts.

If you think for half of a second that the Matrix fanbase is gone... you must be retarded. People still would go to theatres and watch another installment of this series... no matter how bad it was.

As for the game... just because the last one was a little rushed and unfinished... doesn't mean that a game that isn't required to launch on the same day as a film, will be. The last game I thought was fun... a little sloppy but fun. There is so much creative freedom when using that license... there are endless possibilities with The Matrix "bullet-time" effect.

Plus, weren't all of you begging to be Neo in the last game?

Variation-XBA
02-22-2005, 01:51 AM

No, we were begging for the torture of that game to end.

Koopa
02-22-2005, 02:18 AM
You're all nuts.

If you think for half of a second that the Matrix fanbase is gone... you must be retarded. People still would go to theatres and watch another installment of this series... no matter how bad it was.

As for the game... just because the last one was a little rushed and unfinished... doesn't mean that a game that isn't required to launch on the same day as a film, will be. The last game I thought was fun... a little sloppy but fun. There is so much creative freedom when using that license... there are endless possibilities with The Matrix "bullet-time" effect.

you're right. i'd see another matrix movie, even though i'd know it'd suck.

by the way, i plan on seeing Star Wars Episode 3, too, and was excited about seeing Episode 2 even after I had seen Episode 1.

Sammael
02-22-2005, 06:59 AM
Variations if the game was so bad, why did you continue to play it?

I enjoyed ETM except for the driving parts. I would absolutely go see another Matrix movie. The 2 and 3 where just as good to me as the first. Had the brothers kept the movies exactly like the first people would've *****ed they where no different. Someone releases something as awesome as the Matrix was and people will demand the sequels get better. I by no means think the 2 and 3 where better then 1 however they did not suck. They continued the story as it left off.. What should have been done different? Should the rest of the movies just taken place in the Matrix? Should the rest of the movies still just focused on Neo, Trinity, Morpheous.... What where they supposed to do?

Variation-XBA
02-22-2005, 08:38 PM
Variations if the game was so bad, why did you continue to play it??

Cause it was free :) And my comment was directed at the general publics view on the game, I personally thought it was "alright", regardless of the no replay value

Wolf
02-27-2005, 07:05 PM
I think this could be pretty interesting. I dunno, I just hope it's better than ETM.

Conchord
02-28-2005, 03:25 PM
I think the wachowski's have milked the Martix series enough...

Cloud Wolf
02-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Matrix is kinda losing that flame huh?
Ill still buy the game if its gd though.