PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 Revealed?!!

skorp
02-17-2005, 05:18 PM
Here are some General details on our beloved NextGen....

Not everyone has to wait around to hear details of Microsoft’s sexy new Xbox 360—and now, thanks to Kotaku, neither do you. An exclusive Kotaku source has revealed a bevy of facts about the next-generation console set to rock the Xbox world.

The original Xbox was a manly chunk of square black-and-green plastic meant to win over a generation of hardcore male gamers. The Xbox 360° will be about winning over gamers of all persuasions, with a customizable look and a kindler, gentler Circle of Light marketing campaign.

Our inside source says that the console is a sleek silver device worthy of countertop display, and features an inhaled design that turns the harsh angles of the original Xbox into sweeps and curves. The device will also be able to stand upright or on it’s side, much like the Playstation 2. The side of the 360° is dominated by an oversized, back-lit power button called the ring of light, and the rest of the case can be customized with colorful designer face plates that pop on and off. The 360°s dashboard will also be customizable, making each console a thing totally unique to its owner.

Some of the inner workings of the 360° have also been confirmed. The device will feature high definition audio and video and wireless controllers, and will come in two flavors—one with a hard drive and one without. The biggest shock is that while Microsoft wants to make their 360° backwards compatible, they haven’t yet been able to pull it off.

“They’re working on it,” said our source.

I wasn’t able to get any pictures of the 360°, but Gizmodo’s Joel was kind enough to do a mock-up of it’s face plate for us.

Stay tuned for more next-generation revelations.

Source (http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/gossip/xbox-2/xbox-360-revealed-033435.php)

stormin4
02-17-2005, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the info. I believe most of it is pure speculation. I also believe it will be called Xbox Next because Microsoft has registered that domain name. Just my opinion.

CarGuy
02-17-2005, 05:37 PM
I hope it's not called "Xbox Next". That's a bad idea for a lot of reasons. I think good ol' "Xbox 2" will do fine

necromancer
02-17-2005, 05:39 PM
they probably won't name it xbox two though, because it might make it sound inferior to the PS3.

natedog8
02-17-2005, 05:46 PM
I like Xbox 2 cuz it just makes the most sense to me, and I know its not inferior to the PS3, or at least I'll know when they both come out....
hey carguy why do you think xbox next is a bad idea?

CarGuy
02-17-2005, 06:01 PM
I like Xbox 2 cuz it just makes the most sense to me, and I know its not inferior to the PS3, or at least I'll know when they both come out....
hey carguy why do you think xbox next is a bad idea?

As the official name it doesnt sound right. At least it would leave them in an awkward position when naming the third version of the XBOX.

blonks
02-17-2005, 06:11 PM
Xenon is the coolest... it just sounds cool... and its a noble gas....

SamSmith
02-17-2005, 06:34 PM
mess with it ;0

SamSmith
02-17-2005, 06:36 PM
anlther

SamSmith
02-17-2005, 06:37 PM
........... another nextboxx pix

SamSmith
02-17-2005, 06:41 PM
another

CarGuy
02-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Will they even call it "XBox" if it's not shaped like a box?

SamSmith
02-17-2005, 06:45 PM
mhhhm

SamSmith
02-17-2005, 06:49 PM
annd this

Reclaimer
02-17-2005, 09:34 PM
Sam, that dashboard pic looks like some modded Xbox dash. Like a skin for one of the popular mod dashboard sets.

Anyway, I read the article. I don't see much right off the bat to get my attention.
MS took a que from Sony and made it a vertical mount. OK, so we're a few years behind.
Basically, the article says:
"The new Xbox will look better than the last and you can stand it on it's side. It has a big power button now, and it may or may not have a hard drive, it may or may not play it's older games. But it will have wireless controllers."

Bah..
Give me the real deal.
CPU, memory, what can it do? Give me something to talk about.

PapaSKooT
02-17-2005, 09:38 PM
Give me something to talk about.
... how about loooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooove.

:yikes:

Reclaimer
02-17-2005, 09:44 PM
... how about loooooOOOOOOOOOoooooooove.

:yikes:

NooooooOOOOOOooooo!

GuiltySpark
02-17-2005, 10:27 PM
M$ has registered a lot of names for the next xbox. They did a survey to see which one made it sound most cutting edge and people voted for 360.

Whateva... I'm waiting for May to see the sexiness!

SamSmith
02-18-2005, 04:53 AM
M$ has registered a lot of names for the next xbox. They did a survey to see which one made it sound most cutting edge and people voted for 360.

Whateva... I'm waiting for May to see the sexiness!

when i took part in that survey most people voted for xbox2

CRAYMAN
02-18-2005, 03:26 PM
sam, all of your images show the 360 with ports/slots for the controllers, but it has already been confirmed(kinda) to be wireless....what up with dat!?

Sammael
02-18-2005, 03:36 PM
Nothing is confirmed until E3, I don't buy a bit of what this clown is saying. Customizable face plates... Its a console not a damn teeny booper cellphone.

SamSmith
02-18-2005, 06:10 PM
well they arent real pics obviously!! i got them off www.totalnextgen.com there are no official pics yet
and where did you hear the rumour about wireless contollers?? i seriously doubt that is true.... i dont really want it to be true, wireless controllers will always be an option... but i dont like switching batteries

Casper
02-18-2005, 06:30 PM
well they arent real pics obviously!! i got them off www.totalnextgen.com there are no official pics yet
and where did you hear the rumour about wireless contollers?? i seriously doubt that is true.... i dont really want it to be true, wireless controllers will always be an option... but i dont like switching batteries
http://www.clan-council.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2147

hoshii
03-07-2005, 12:19 PM
do you guys really think the xbox will have a HD inside as game developers cry out piracy? Come on we all know Microsoft made this move with the xbox to grab market share as quickly as especially in the asian markets were piracy is a way of life in every part of the enterainment and game / PC market. Thus giving them an edge to the PSone and PS2 game market. I highly doubt that the HD version will come out and if it does modding it i'm sure will be no easy task, if it can be at all. come on people no one needs more then 10 gigs of space on the box unless your a game theif, period.

hoshii
03-07-2005, 12:20 PM
xbox2 will not come out with a hd period

TOTTEN
03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
do you guys really think the xbox will have a HD inside as game developers cry out piracy?
Yes I do. Piracy is a problem but I dont think its extreamly bad the develpoers still will profit. If theres no HD people could always just get a mod chip and burn games to dvd discs.

SnoochyBoochy
03-07-2005, 12:26 PM
just curious as to how developers are going to release fixes for games if the xbox 2 isn't going to have a hard drive. i mean if there was no HD in xboxes now, would halo 2 players just have to get by with all the glitching and standby whores that are out there right now?

i think there's a little more to why they put a HD in the xbox than hoshii seems to think.

LynxFX
03-07-2005, 12:33 PM
just curious as to how developers are going to release fixes for games if the xbox 2 isn't going to have a hard drive. i mean if there was no HD in xboxes now, would halo 2 players just have to get by with all the glitching and standby whores that are out there right now?
It means they will actually have to finish the game before releasing it, you know, like the old days.

SnoochyBoochy
03-07-2005, 12:37 PM
you mean like the old days of side scrolling games with no online play?

Casper
03-07-2005, 12:58 PM
FYI - for those that think they know everything about piracy on consoles. Gamecube has a mod chip out for it, so you don't need a hard drive. Oh, and wasn't it the piracy of the Dreamcast that lead to it's extinction? Yup, no hard drive there either. Just CD-R's with the games on them.

It will have a hard drive, and there will probably be consoles that don't have the hard drive - to save from costs. They won't be the normal hard drives though, as I can see them using flash drives to save on money.

SnoochyBoochy
03-07-2005, 01:00 PM
casper clutched!

No Fear 23
03-07-2005, 02:27 PM
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox/xbox-360-mockup-034289.php

mmmm sexy?

wbio
03-07-2005, 07:09 PM
http://www.gizmodo.com/gadgets/home-entertainment/xbox/xbox-360-mockup-034289.php

mmmm sexy?
heh, that would be sweet. :hump:

Variation-XBA
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM

mmmm sexy?

No...ugly..

LynxFX
03-07-2005, 11:57 PM
you mean like the old days of side scrolling games with no online play?
Funny, I recall playing in 3d environments, online, without needing a patch. As time goes on, it just gets worse though. PC game designers are the worst but now with the advent of an online connection/harddrive on consoles, those game programmers are getting just as lazy. "Just release it, we'll patch it later." But it is just another thing console gamers will have to get used to.

hoshii
03-08-2005, 12:23 PM
it's not saying that no hard drive = no piracy. Only a Jackass can make that claim. An the "what about the patches" excuse is stupid cause the games should work before they get released as they once did before some lazy ass decided we can just patch it later.

What i'm saying is anyone who wants more that 8 gigs is a game theif period. Now there is always gonna be some craftly S.O.B. that is sitting in his parent's basement choking the chicken and figuring out how to screw "the man" and it is probably the same guy that thinks he can give everything "more power" and try to wire something to something else just because he figures "why not" or "because i can".

All i'm saying is that xbox put a hard drive in there to caputure market share the first time cause it was just soooo easy to mod and they needed the edge in a established market. PS2 has a module to put a harddrive in but never felt the need to promote it it cause the game media itself can be hacked to easliy rather than having to put a harddrive in there. but sony not knowing how much a threat xbox would be, made their consule able to have a hard drive option just incase xbox took away enough of their bussiness. xbox will have a harddrive in it only if they feel they can't survive without it against sony. otherwise boys and girls face it it may not be there.

Casper
03-08-2005, 12:36 PM
it's not saying that no hard drive = no piracy. Only a Jackass can make that claim. An the "what about the patches" excuse is stupid cause the games should work before they get released as they once did before some lazy ass decided we can just patch it later.

True, but what about downloadable content? Extra maps or modes needs hard drive space to run. No hard drive = no downloadable content. As far as developers being lazy asses, that's hardly the case. They do have beta testers in their studios, I'd assume about 100 or so, that test the game in an online environment. This doesn't always mean that everything will be found. Hell, look at all the people that Bugnie had beta testing - why wasn't it found that you can grab a flag through a wall or that the standby glitch could be used?

What i'm saying is anyone who wants more that 8 gigs is a game theif period. Now there is always gonna be some craftly S.O.B. that is sitting in his parent's basement choking the chicken and figuring out how to screw "the man" and it is probably the same guy that thinks he can give everything "more power" and try to wire something to something else just because he figures "why not" or "because i can".

I have 12 gigs of music on my PC at home - mind if I copy them over onto my X2 so I can listen to the custom soundtracks? Even though it's not supported in enough games, I still love that feature - especially in sports or fighters. So either I'm the exception, or I'm a theif. But the fact that a hard drive is in my machine won't cause me to pirate - the fact that companies like EA are planning on charging $70 per game is the reason I'd consider it.

PS2 has a module to put a harddrive in but never felt the need to promote it it cause the game media itself can be hacked to easliy rather than having to put a harddrive in there. but sony not knowing how much a threat xbox would be, made their consule able to have a hard drive option just incase xbox took away enough of their bussiness. xbox will have a harddrive in it only if they feel they can't survive without it against sony. otherwise boys and girls face it it may not be there.

It will be there, just not for every variation of the XBox. There will be some sold without the drive, to swarm in those gamers that don't need it or don't want to spend the money for it. But realize that Sony was the one that needed the hard drive, even though there's a whole 2 games that use it. And it was highly promoted - miss those Final Fantasy commercials around the holidays, cuz I sure didn't.

Every console that is out there will be hacked, it's a part of life. What will put a cease to this is when a company runs the came off of their server (requiring a broadband connection) or if you have to dial-up each time you play to verify authenticity. Although, even that will have it's work-arounds. But MS will do what they can to stop it, as will Sony - and lose some sales because of their technology (man-made, so you know another man can beat it).

It's the same as the movie industry - they have problems with screeners getting leaked. What can they do about it? It's what happens when technology is so advanced that there is bound to be people out there that cheat the system....as well as those that reap the theives rewards.

hoshii
03-08-2005, 01:28 PM
if the tracks you are transfering over are from cd's you own then no you are not a theif but your telling me that is all people are transfering. Buy an MP3 player much better. beside 12 gig's of music how long to you play the box? Damn man do you remember what the sun looks like? Tell me why are you able to play the same games on PS2 without a harddrive? can't save those to a smaller media like a flash card? Microsoft thinks so.....

hoshii
03-08-2005, 01:45 PM
If people stoped stealing games, movies, sat., software......maybe you would be faced with $70 a game dude. I'm tired of people thinking the are getting a free ride when all they are doing is hurting the people who are legit. Why is it we have a different view on crime when it comes to enterainment, why do people think it should be free.

hoshii
03-08-2005, 01:48 PM
All i'm saying is microsoft is taking a hard look how to stop this problem....this is not lung **** this is fact, because not everyone can handle having a harddrive in their machine without thinking of other ways of profiting from it that may not be so legal. and when it comes down to brass tacks if a game developer loses money on a game on a certain platform they will not release it to that platform why should they if it is a money pit.

SamSmith
03-08-2005, 03:15 PM
and were those 3 posts completly necessary?? next time just use the edit button.

hoshii
03-09-2005, 11:47 AM
SORRY!

thanks for the tip

oh ya and the new name for the xbox has been realsed offically

it will be "xbox Xenon"

Sammael
03-09-2005, 11:50 AM
SOrry bra but Xenon is no where near official. Its the code name for the protypes, not official.

hoshii
03-09-2005, 02:59 PM
yes it has been the code name for a while, however. During a recent interview with gaming site Spong, Microsoft Game Studios' J. Allard let the official name slip while discussing details of his upcoming keynote address later in the day at the Game Developers Conference.

With Microsoft however you never can tell, they change their mind more than they wipe their a$$.

Sammael
03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Link?? And please don't say Spong.. They are notorious for bull****.

hoshii
03-16-2005, 10:30 AM
No from a friend who works at MS there is no link. screw the internet go to the people involved

Variation-XBA
03-16-2005, 10:51 AM
Riiight, another "I have a friend that knows cause he works there" kinda thing

Whisper
03-16-2005, 11:46 AM
listen.. im bill gates.. and that is not the name.. im suing you

skorp
03-16-2005, 10:18 PM
I'm J Allard.... Okay, I'm his cousin... Right now we are working on a few names and catch phrases as well.... Like Xbox 360: Amplify Yourself!; Xbox 360: You're Next!; and Xbox 360: Shine! Really, that’s what we're working with right now.

Oh and how does Xbox Live: Menage a Billions sound?...

vman
03-16-2005, 11:00 PM
"i'm spicy...."

NephilimTX
03-19-2005, 11:45 PM
get some shades. I have a 101st buddy. The new DOD wiley x's they are being given (because certain idiots wouldn't wear their eye gear because it "didn't look cool", and eye injury rate was at 60 percent) are awsome. I bought a pair from him for only 50 bucks. Great if you are in construction or own a scooter.

blonks
03-20-2005, 12:32 AM
"i'm spicy...."

ummm you cant just make up your own catch phrase... its like making up your own nickname... you just cant do it

try it again

no...

LynxFX
03-20-2005, 12:36 AM
get some shades. I have a 101st buddy. The new DOD wiley x's they are being given (because certain idiots wouldn't wear their eye gear because it "didn't look cool", and eye injury rate was at 60 percent) are awsome. I bought a pair from him for only 50 bucks. Great if you are in construction or own a scooter.
:huh:
Most out of place post of the day.

vman
03-20-2005, 12:52 AM
ummm you cant just make up your own catch phrase... its like making up your own nickname... you just cant do it

try it again
im spic...

no...

BORNGD
03-26-2005, 11:22 PM
they probably won't name it xbox two though, because it might make it sound inferior to the PS3.

good point, i agree...i wouldnt take it that way, but i'm sure some would