PDA

View Full Version : X-Box Addons.

fear_this
02-10-2002, 09:21 PM
So many addons *drools* http://xboxmedia.ign.com/media/hardware/image/addons.jpg

X-Factor
02-10-2002, 09:29 PM
*At least memory cards aren't required*

I'm looking forward to the release of the Game Commander! Now that's one peripheral that is gonna change gaming!

*Thinks of the possibilities*

Frostberg
02-10-2002, 09:44 PM
lol half of those accessories suck...who wants standard av cables...jeesh

LynxFX
02-11-2002, 01:03 AM
Yeah, the only real add on is the DVD playback kit.

Hugh_Jass
02-11-2002, 08:05 AM
I *REALLY* need a controller extension cable.

X-Factor
02-11-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Hugh_Jass
I *REALLY* need a controller extension cable.
Why? The XBox controller cable is already nearly 10 feet long!

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by X-Factor

Why? The XBox controller cable is already nearly 10 feet long!

Dude, did you forget that Hugh has a 110" screen? 25 feet away would probably be just right...lol...I can only drool of playing on a TV that big!

And, in regards to all of those Add-ons...they aren't really add-ons. Most of those items are different ways to hook up your XBox. I mean, who in their right mind would use an RFU Adapter? Man, if that is the case, get a new TV!! :eek:

The DVD-Playback kit is probably the only true add-on...a must have for people that don't own a DVD player...like me :)

LynxFX
02-11-2002, 12:50 PM
I'm not sure where Hugh has his xbox in relation to where he sits. I have the same setup except my xbox is on the side wall and it gives just enough length to the couch but I know if I had all 4 controllers on then I would need an extention to reach the other side of the couch. An extention sure would be nice. I heard one is coming but I can't find any info on it.

I do love the break away cables though. Those have saved me so many times. :D

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Lynxfx
I'm not sure where Hugh has his xbox in relation to where he sits. I have the same setup except my xbox is on the side wall and it gives just enough length to the couch but I know if I had all 4 controllers on then I would need an extention to reach the other side of the couch. An extention sure would be nice. I heard one is coming but I can't find any info on it.

I do love the break away cables though. Those have saved me so many times. :D

Oh yes, and of course, no one was aware that Lynxfx also has one of the badest set-ups as well :D It's not that there's a link in Lynxfx's signature to see it or anything...which I have seen over 80 times :D hehe...Just joking with you, buddy! :cool:

Hugh_Jass
02-12-2002, 09:30 AM
There is barely enough cord to get from my recliner to the XBOX. There is no way someone in the guest recliner can play.

Also, I'd like to be able to move my XBOX to the equipment stack on the wall rather than having it on the floor. I don't have an optical cable long enough to reach my stack so I'm stuck with Dolby Pro Logic. If that's not a tragedy I don't know what is.

A six foot extension would be good. A ten foot extension would be better.

fear_this
02-12-2002, 09:31 AM
Dude the controllers are like.... 9 ft long. How can they not reach? or are you just rich and have a big ass house?:(

XBOXgamer13
02-12-2002, 09:32 AM
that headset commander will kicks ass for sure

fear_this
02-12-2002, 09:35 AM
I cant wait until hlo goes online. Then x-box addict can like have members that have the game and can go online with it so you can actually play agenst them. Then I will whomp all your bootah`s. :D

XBOXgamer13
02-12-2002, 09:37 AM
don't be so sure:)

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by fear_this
I cant wait until hlo goes online. Then x-box addict can like have members that have the game and can go online with it so you can actually play agenst them. Then I will whomp all your bootah`s. :D

Dude, watch out for JJax, Shererboat, and NIK2Deep. I haven't played Shererboat yet, but, if he's anything like JJax and NIK2Deep, which I understand he is, then, you could be having an ass whoopin' at Halo coming this summer :D

I'm not too shabby myself...I'm getting better and better as the days go by...In fact, I haven't lost for a few days...only 1st places...but, I know for a fact that I'm not quite at the level of JJax or NIK2Deep yet! Deeeeyaaaamn!

Here's a quick example of what not to do: Don't stand in one general area...otherwise, you will see a swarm of grenades smoking all around you. You might as well as play in a burning house... If the grenades don't kill you, then, either a shot in the head by a Sniper gun or a single blast from a Rocket Launcher will send you sailing.

Now, I'm not one to make JJax, Shererboat, or NIK2Deep spank their monkey's after they read this...But, I'm just saying it how it is...they are bad ass Halo gamers! I'm catching up, but, still have a lot of work to do :)

Frostberg
02-12-2002, 02:26 PM
Dude the controllers are like.... 9 ft long. How can they not reach? or are you just rich and have a big ass house?:(
You obviously dont know Hugh_Jass's setup!

Hugh_Jass
02-12-2002, 03:11 PM

http://www.frozennorth.com/~hometheater/PicturesComplete.htm

It isn't pictured but the XBOX is sitting next to the white UPS to the left of the center channel speaker. (See picture 18) If the controller cord was any shorter it wouldn't reach the captain's chair.

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 03:20 PM

http://www.frozennorth.com/~hometheater/PicturesComplete.htm

It isn't pictured but the XBOX is sitting next to the white UPS to the left of the center channel speaker. (See picture 18) If the controller cord was any shorter it wouldn't reach the captain's chair.

Gee, thanks, Hugh...as if I needed to drool all over my keyboard again....hehe..jk

So, when are you going to invite me over? :D

LynxFX
02-12-2002, 07:24 PM
.... it wouldn't reach the captain's chair.

LOL!! :)

Hugh_Jass
02-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Maximus

Gee, thanks, Hugh...as if I needed to drool all over my keyboard again....hehe..jk

So, when are you going to invite me over? :D

You can come over but you can't play until I get an extension cable that reaches the guest recliner. ;)