PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, Why Should I Cop (buy) SC: Chaos Theory

Ninja Scroll
02-19-2005, 12:10 PM
I just played da demo from da latest OXM magazine disc, and it's da same ol' shiiit.
Da first joint was a classic. Then Pandora came out and all you heard about was da online play. Why? Cause da story/single player mode was da same as da original.

When I got SC:PT I played da story all da way to da train where your holding on under it's bottom while it's moving. Not very deep into da game at all. I just feel asleep on it. It got boring wit da same junk.

Now after giving da demo a try of Chaos Theory it's no different other than visual upgrades. Same sneaking. It's stale.

And after playin da revolutionary Resident Evil 4 on GC I can't turn back. As Capcom so appropriately said it- "EVIL EVOLVED".
Now im not saying Splinter Cell should be like RE4 other than do something different to freshin da series other than it's online play.
I just don't have da desire foe SC anymore.

Anyone feelin me? Am I missin summin? :confused:

SnoochyBoochy
02-19-2005, 01:09 PM
Not sure what to tell ya... I was just thinking, if you like the last one, you'll probably like this one. For some people here at xba, SCPT was a gem. Chaos Theory might be too good to pass up for those people...

Meh... I don't think that made sense. Oh well.

m4oH
02-19-2005, 01:31 PM
For the online co-op and plus everyone is going to be plaing it. I think it is worth 50 bucks just for the online play.

Casper
02-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Not sure what to tell ya... I was just thinking, if you like the last one, you'll probably like this one. For some people here at xba, SCPT was a gem. Chaos Theory might be too good to pass up for those people...

Meh... I don't think that made sense. Oh well.
You're right. For those of us that loved the multi-player, we're jonesing for it. And I know why Ninja won't bother, because he sucks at shooters, which in a way, is what this is. I loved having to be stealthy for the mercs not to be able to find me, now, with the camo suit, it's gonna be even better. It's not just about the single player, as the XBL part is 60% of this game. If you loved how it was online, you'll love what they've done to make it better.

Btw, try to get past the train part Ninja, it gets much better. I just don't think you have the patience to try and be stealth through the whole thing, that's all.

SamSmith
02-19-2005, 02:36 PM
i thought scpt was great, and im sure CT will just expand on that... some people here at xba are great SC fans... m4oh to name a few, sure he renamed himself after the game!! :)

blonks
02-19-2005, 02:48 PM
you all say everybody will be playing it.....

the only games "everybody" played was GR series, Rainbow and halo 2..

SnoochyBoochy
02-19-2005, 03:20 PM
you all say everybody will be playing it.....

who said that?

Variation-XBA
02-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Waiting badly for SC3. I LOVE the new MP changes for spy and merc.

MerimacHamwich
02-19-2005, 09:05 PM
I just played da demo from da latest OXM magazine disc, and it's da same ol' shiiit.
Da first joint was a classic. Then Pandora came out and all you heard about was da online play. Why? Cause da story/single player mode was da same as da original.

When I got SC:PT I played da story all da way to da train where your holding on under it's bottom while it's moving. Not very deep into da game at all. I just feel asleep on it. It got boring wit da same junk.

Now after giving da demo a try of Chaos Theory it's no different other than visual upgrades. Same sneaking. It's stale.

And after playin da revolutionary Resident Evil 4 on GC I can't turn back. As Capcom so appropriately said it- "EVIL EVOLVED".
Now im not saying Splinter Cell should be like RE4 other than do something different to freshin da series other than it's online play.
I just don't have da desire foe SC anymore.

Anyone feelin me? Am I missin summin? :confused:
I feel ya homie! Dis joint just ain't be makin me wanna trip on it! Ya herred meh!?

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2005, 11:32 AM
I feel ya homie! Dis joint just ain't be makin me wanna trip on it! Ya herred meh!?
:eek: Hamsandwich!?

Well atleast im not da only one. And Casper, your right. FPS are not my strength, but dont foe get, SC is not a FPS.
I'll admit, im not dat great at FPS. Only joint I really care foe is da Halo series.
But dont get it twisted. We all know Ninja ownz dat ass in da Sports & Fighting genres.

Look, I will give any gaming genre a try, im just not feelin how SC is not doing anything more revoluntionary with every sequel. And stop sweatin da online play. Most Xbox gamers dont even have XBL, so da offline play is vastly critical.
Feel me?

Casper
02-20-2005, 12:12 PM
Most Xbox gamers dont even have XBL, so da offline play is vastly critical.
Feel me?

But YOU do - so why not use it? Ya know what - I didn't even finish the first one because it bored me. I figured that with PT, I'd feel the same way. But I got the game and jumped right on XBL and have been in love with it ever since. If PT was a girl, I'd knock it up, I love it so much :)

Btw, it's not an FPS (for Sam), that's 3rd person, but with the Mercs on XBL, you do have features that are FPS (sniping). It's still a shooter and just like all others, you still suck at it :whistle:

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2005, 12:19 PM
But YOU do - so why not use it? Ya know what - I didn't even finish the first one because it bored me. I figured that with PT, I'd feel the same way. But I got the game and jumped right on XBL and have been in love with it ever since. If PT was a girl, I'd knock it up, I love it so much :)

Btw, it's not an FPS (for Sam), that's 3rd person, but with the Mercs on XBL, you do have features that are FPS (sniping). It's still a shooter and just like all others, you still suck at it :whistle:
Uh, lets not go there junior. Cause we all know you suck at Sports, and Fighting games! :rofl: Foe some reason I don't just beat you, I blow you out so much you don't never play da games again! :p

Anyways, back to how Splinter Cell is boring, and not reinventing itself, like hmm, I dunno.. Resident Evil franchise..

Shadow20002
02-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Get it for sure.

JJaX
02-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Ninja, the problem is...You just have ADD.

You can only play sports and fighting games.

Games involving plot and patience is bound to make your head explode.

Ninja Scroll
02-21-2005, 10:46 AM
Ninja, the problem is...You just have ADD.

You can only play sports and fighting games.

Games involving plot and patience is bound to make your head explode.
LOL, your not da first or second,..matta fact, you might as well as get in da end of da line of cats who told me I have A.D.D! :D

But yo, I beat Metal Gear Solid on Dreamcast (R.I.P Bleem! :cry: ) , beat Splinter Cell on Xbox. So dats some patience right duur mang.
It's just da same game. Just admit it. Ubisoft need to reinvent da SC series like Capcom did RE.
I bet it's reviews will get hammered foe uury thing other than it's online play. Bet!

Max33
02-21-2005, 01:56 PM
I'm looking foward to it.I is gots no xbl,and was a little dissapointed in PT(didd'nt feel as intense) but if I undersand correctly,was'nt Pandora done by a different team than the original?

Anyways,I thought I head somewheres that the original development team was doing Chaos Theroy,so I'm optomistic.

MixMasta
02-22-2005, 04:46 PM
LOL, your not da first or second,..matta fact, you might as well as get in da end of da line of cats who told me I have A.D.D! :D

But yo, I beat Metal Gear Solid on Dreamcast (R.I.P Bleem! :cry: ) , beat Splinter Cell on Xbox. So dats some patience right duur mang.
It's just da same game. Just admit it. Ubisoft need to reinvent da SC series like Capcom did RE.
I bet it's reviews will get hammered foe uury thing other than it's online play. Bet!

They are adding new stuff. I think the online co-op is gonna be sweet, the new knife, and also, the secondary objectives that you are able to fail and not have to do if you don't want to.

I mean, if they had released these games 2 years apart for each (so 1st in Nov. 02, 2nd in Nov. 04, and 3rd in Nov. 06) this game probably would be stale, but since it is just a mere 2 1/2 years, it is still fresh, well to most gamers.

Although I won't argue that Resident Evil 4 is a great game (I bought it and I don't even own a GC, had to borrow a friend's) I don't get why you keep telling people that Splinter Cell needs to reinvent itself like RE4. The Resident Evil series has been around since January 1996...that is 9 years. SC has been around since November 2002...2 1/2 years like I said. Somehow, I don't think the series is in need of a reinvention just yet.

You seem to be in the minority here. But your not out of luck, because I doubt this game will have a strangle hold on the majority of the Xbox and Xbox live population. Remember, there are a TON of AAA games coming out in March and April, including Republic Commando, Rainbow Six Lockdown, UC2, Snowblind, Timesplitters 3, Doom 3,Jade Empire, etc. so you don't have to worry about feeling left out.

Variation-XBA
02-22-2005, 08:36 PM
I don't get why you keep telling people that Splinter Cell needs to reinvent itself like RE4. The Resident Evil series has been around since January 1996...that is 9 years. SC has been around since November 2002...2 1/2 years like I said. Somehow, I don't think the series is in need of a reinvention just yet.

I couldn't agree with you more. I love the new subtle changes in SC:CT

TheCovenant
02-24-2005, 02:55 PM

damn, i havent heard "bleemCast" in so long.

I dont think the series is old enough to get a mjor genre changing modification. IN fact, the game is fairly genre defining so i think changing it would make it a completely different game, which is not what ubisoft goes after. Meh, dont like it? dont buy it. Get unreal champion ship 2, that seems to be more you rkind of game.

SPARTAN VI
02-24-2005, 04:01 PM
I don't know, I think the beta is damn fun.

CAMO!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://home.graffiti.net/spartanvi:graffiti.net/scct.jpg

Thermal Vision
http://home.graffiti.net/spartanvi:graffiti.net/scct2.jpg

Gas Mask
http://home.graffiti.net/spartanvi:graffiti.net/scct3.jpg

Motion Sensor
http://home.graffiti.net/spartanvi:graffiti.net/scct4.jpg

Torchlight... on a rock
http://home.graffiti.net/spartanvi:graffiti.net/scct5.jpg

Gave Blue and Covey a demo of me kicking ass and now they're itching to get chaos theory, too.

Casper
02-24-2005, 04:30 PM
The Casper Clutch is yo chance to break a neck :hump:

Spartan - we shall become lords of XBA with this one - just like PT :cool:

SPARTAN VI
02-25-2005, 04:42 AM
The Casper Clutch is yo chance to break a neck :hump:

Spartan - we shall become lords of XBA with this one - just like PT :cool:

ZZZT! ZZZT! Wassat?!

Le SpartanShock! :hail: