PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Buying Street Fighter Anniversary Collection XBL this week?

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Anyone of you XBA kids coppin Street Fighter Anniversary Collection for XBL this week?
I know I am! I've been lookin forward to a new Xbox LIVE fighter for some time. DOAU did'nt really do it foe me wit all it's button mashin mayhem.

Peep da official SF:AC (http://www.capcom.com/e3_2004/sfac/) right here.

OXM & EGM gave it pimpin reviews! Only downside is cowards who drop games in da middle of gettin da smackdown can bail out like it CapcomVs.SNK:EO a couple years ago on XBL.

Plus da joint is only $29.99!! You can't beat dat homies! ;)

If anyones pickin da joint up gimmie a friends invite so I can murk yo anuse wide open SHUUURYUKEEEN style! :p
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0002B90BW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

JJaX
02-20-2005, 12:49 PM
You think Splinter Cell gets old, yet you are willing to pay 30 bucks for steet fighter? :rolleyes:

Variation-XBA
02-20-2005, 02:43 PM
Nah, I'll pass thanks

natedog8
02-20-2005, 03:02 PM
I won't get it, but if you snag any pics of chun-li's pannies ninja, lemme know ;)
street fighter 2 turbo for the snes was my favorite

SnoochyBoochy
02-20-2005, 03:03 PM
meh, maybe if i have some extra cash kicking around... not likely though.. i had marvel vs capcom for a while and got sick of that pretty quickly...

i'm more likely to buy a gamecube and get super smash bros

cajuntexan00
02-20-2005, 03:10 PM
Will it have head to head on XBL?

-Natas-
02-20-2005, 03:14 PM
I'll pass as I would rather just play the old versions on my older consoles. :)

If I was to get this game I would get it on the PS2 as I like the PS2 controller better then the Xbox controller.

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Will it have head to head on XBL?

Of course there will, read da thread, read da XBL logo streaming across da games box art.

You think Splinter Cell gets old, yet you are willing to pay 30 bucks for steet fighter?

*notices dis gump aint reply to dat SC thread knowin Ninja tell it like it T.I. is!*:rolleyes:

I'm coppin dis cause it's old school. I know wat im gettin into. And spendin my cheese on. It aint no sequel dats only stength is it's online play. :rolleyes:

vman
02-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Ninja, I'm just wondering, why do you type with such atrocious english and slang? Do you honestly talk like that? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, it's just kinda annoying and difficult to read.

Ninja Scroll
02-20-2005, 11:04 PM
Ninja, I'm just wondering, why do you type with such atrocious english and slang? Do you honestly talk like that? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, it's just kinda annoying and difficult to read.
Yeah dawg, dis how I talk mang. Been doin it up in huur since 11/01! ;) Back when da Xbox joint launched, ya huurd!
They gave me an Award foe my insane typing. Dur just aint another like me nephew.
Naw mean? :p :cool: :p

Ghetto Guile: SONIC BIZZOOOM!!

LTM360
02-21-2005, 12:28 AM
Although comepletely like JJaX in not understanding how you get bored of Splinter Cell, I will likely get this because I'm all about old-school games. Unless; I hear about insane lag problems, cause the last 2D figher was plauged with lag problems (Capcom V. SNK 2).

Variation-XBA
02-21-2005, 03:00 AM

I hate it just as much and I gave up trying long ago. You kinda grow numb to it over time...or ignore it... :P

CRAYMAN
02-21-2005, 02:56 PM
I hate it just as much and I gave up trying long ago. You kinda grow numb to it over time...or ignore it... :P

Yep, as soon as I start reading and I realize who the poster is...I skip it and move to the next post. Uh...fashizzle my nizzle!

But I will pick up SF Collection! It has the old school SF and 3rd Strike! Even though I suck at both, they're fun to play. :hump:

And how 'bout those old Genesis style controllers??? I want one!
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/255514.asp

Ninja Scroll
02-27-2005, 10:31 AM
Dis game is really fun fellas. I only played SF III in da arcades a couple since, and I can understand why it was'nt appreciated at da time it came out. I was during da 3D hostile takeover foe fighting games wit Virtual Fighter 3 & Tekken 3/Tag at da time.
Da graphics (though hand drawn) are smooth as silk.
Da community on dur is cool too, aint had no one drop out of games.
Playin SF3 was like a new experiance.
Atleast rent to see wat your missin.

naw mean?

The Jackal
02-27-2005, 07:00 PM
Only downside is cowards who drop games in da middle of gettin da smackdown can bail out like it CapcomVs.SNK:EO a couple years ago on XBL.

hmm odd you say that, im pretty sure i remember you droppin on me when i owned you on CvS2 and then sayin it was cause of the character i chose even though he's one of the easiest to counter... hypocrite?

Variation-XBA
02-28-2005, 02:03 AM
hmm odd you say that, im pretty sure i remember you droppin on me when i owned you on CvS2 and then sayin it was cause of the character i chose even though he's one of the easiest to counter... hypocrite?

Hahahhaa..... Jackalowned!

SamSmith
02-28-2005, 04:42 PM
i think its time to leave the good memories of the 2d beat em up games in the past, instead of milking them for all their worth... which quite frankly isnt very much these days

CRAYMAN
02-28-2005, 07:26 PM
Well that's interesting after all of the protests for 'gameplay over graphics'.

I'm glad to see them bring back this classic style of gameplay that hasn't been matched. Heck, if they can bring back Centipede, why not THIS?

mattgame
02-28-2005, 07:32 PM
I never got into this kinda game. I may rent it though.

Dyslexic Chaos
03-02-2005, 12:48 AM
add me up nizzle scrizzle, i be up in teh joint, reprazentin da old sch00l yo! Hahah, anyway, add me up Ninja, I LOVE this game, I play it everynight after work (like, midnight-4), and like he said, the community for this game is MUCH better than CVSNK2 was.

l Maximus l
03-02-2005, 01:23 AM
This is tempting because I use to pwn with Street Fighter. But...yeah, that's right, but.........if an XBox game doesn't start with an "Ha" and end with a "lo", I'm likely not putting it in the black and green.

So, call me a Halo fanboy...because I am!

SamSmith
03-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Well that's interesting after all of the protests for 'gameplay over graphics'.

but 2d games are limited in gameplay also..

The Jackal
03-13-2005, 08:25 PM

actually they arent if youre into fighting games and know your stuff... if you look at the Evolution fighting tournament the top games are 2D.... they look simple yes but the cancels, challenging combos, etc. make the game very diverse.... you can practice for years on the game and still be a noob at it... you may be able to kick, punch, link a couple things blah blah blah but you still wont have mastered the game by any means... people should watch videos of advanced players then try to do a couple things they do... its unbelievably tough... timing is crutial in 2D games and things gotta be executed perfectly

CRAYMAN
03-14-2005, 03:57 PM

That's silly. The characters may be limited in their abilities to move, but this does not limit gameplay.

Montrell274
03-22-2005, 11:24 AM
I'm considering grabbing the game only because I was a fan of the SF series.