PDA

View Full Version : Mad Catz?

J Dub
02-10-2002, 10:21 PM
I'm just wondering, what's the difference between the regular XBOX controller and the Mad Catz controller?

Are they both the same size?
Are they both the same weight?
Which feels more comfortable?
etc?

GRAVEDIGGER
02-10-2002, 10:48 PM
I totally agree with BIG-T, he speaks the truth, my friends MADCATZ controller has given out on him alreaddy, but Microsoft with the strength of the ancients still goes strong.

P.S. But whatever thou doest..NEVER, and the 'DIGGER means NEVER, buy an INTERPLAY controller, that is an absolute SIN!!

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

feihung08
02-25-2002, 04:57 PM
While it's hard to believe those giant beasts are better made, I guess I have to atest to that.

I will tell you this though, I've been using my MadCatz controller for about a month now and I haven't had ANY problems!! And it's by far and away a better designed controller (Microsuck has always lagged in that dept)!! My hands don't get all clamy and the button lay out puts the predessesor to shame!!

The really only negative to the MadCatz that I have personally seen is the sometimes the "vibrate" get's stuck. But if you pop the "break-away" connection (putting the game on 'pause' not a totally bad thing) and pop it back in, it stops.

So in other words:
If you have an extra $24.99 (:) best 'out the door' price I've found is at Blockbuster's!!) that you can gamble with I say pick up a MadCatz and be the judge for yourself.

And who knows, would anyone doubt that Microsloth didn't quite give MadCatz all the right tools when they gave them their licence to build a third party controller to compete with their own?

jhixson2
02-25-2002, 05:09 PM
i have the madcatz controller and it is smaller in size and the buttons are very unresponsive! i hate it! you have to push real hard on them to get any response! ill stick with the onriginal controller! imo that is the best!

l Maximus l
02-25-2002, 05:14 PM
I never buy 3rd-party controllers. But, I have heard great things about the Pelican XBox controller :)

GRAVEDIGGER
02-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
I never buy 3rd-party controllers. But, I have heard great things about the Pelican XBox controller :)

Ahh yes. the phenom of beer, MAXIMUS, is right, the pelican has been getting a lot of possitive reviews from all the sites, and right here at good ol' XBA also!! So i guess that would be also a good choice for a third party controller (Well only second to the great VORTEX!!)

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad: