PDA

View Full Version : Frusterated!!! Hip Gear 2.4 Ghtz Wireless Xbox Controller

Bastille
02-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Hi I am very frusterated right now about a gift that i recieved this past christmas which is a "Hip gear" brand 2.4 Ghz wireless XBOX gamepad. I have been experiancing numerous times where this controller of mine will lock up during a heated battle for example on Halo 2, and my game pad will just stop firing and the left analog stick will freeze also and i will not be able to successfully finish my round on halo 2 online nor off! I am desperate to hear if anyone may have this same controller/gamepad that they own and maybe could please help me out with this dillema?! I also noticed that on this gampad that their is two buttons located right below and near the middle of the d pad and the right thumbstick, the one on the left says "MACRO" and the one on the right says "TURBO" which iam guessing maybe, when i have pressed this "MACRO" button i may have accidently programmed one button, for eg, the "A" button to do a numerous amount of different moves or things which is quite frusterating because i do not know how to rid' my gamepad of this problem! If anyone who may have experianced this same problem on their "HIP GEAR" wireless gamepad could maybe give me some ideas or solutions to my problem and it would be would be greatly appreciated....... THANK YOU!

Reclaimer
02-22-2005, 01:09 AM
I don't know much about the wireless controllers but you did give me an idea. See if there is a way to default the controller back to original settings. If it has a macro or programmable function, maybe it remembered some weirdness that accidentally put in.

Is there a way to select frequencies? Like an A/B channel selector? After you clear the controller, take the batteries out or something, change the frequency to a different one. Change to a fresh set of batteries. Keep cordless phones away from the controller as well because the new ones operate on the same or similiar frequency.
That's all I can tell you.

Variation-XBA
02-22-2005, 01:50 AM
I'm sorry you bought Hipgear =/

Trulyvile
02-27-2005, 05:03 AM
I would avoid wireless Headsets/Paddles as not many people have had good experiances.
With online system link games like halo 2 if your pings are high you will experiance problems.

If you are an online gamer you will know that mille seconds make a difference when it comes to killing or being killed.
If you insist on wireless then buy top of the range.

And as previously posted remove all other wirleless devices from within say 15 feet.

Or much easier is to get the old pad out of the cupboard and wait until wireless devices are more reliable and cheaper. :bang:

Trento52
03-02-2005, 11:32 PM
i got mine on sale and i never get what you get but the joystick always makes the character walk backwards which is so annoying. Or in racing games the car will steer to the right in little jerks by itself. Very annoying so i don't use it but only for an extra controller if i have peopel over.

Xorc1st
03-06-2005, 11:09 AM
One great example why I never get wireless. Sure it looks cool, but in reality, its alot safer to use wires even though it could be a hassel.

venent
03-07-2005, 04:06 PM
You may need to check if any other devices operate at 2.4 GHz. If so, they may be causing interference. For example, my Panasonic 2.4GHz phone will interfere with my wireless router, causing my laptop to lose it's connection whenever the phone is in use. This isn't certain, but it may be worth looking into, especially since the problems seem to be intermittent.

Good luck!