PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 to be completely wireless?

GuiltySpark
02-23-2005, 11:39 AM
From Engadget.com (http://www.engadget.com)

Our ever-alert sister site, Joystiq, has pointed out a rather interesting question in a recent MechAssault 2 gamers’ survey. Here, we’ll give it to you straight:

“It is important that the next videogame system I purchase connects to my TV wirelessly.”

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Strongly Agree Strongly Disagree”

Okay, where to start. So we all know wireless is the (next) big thing, and that the Xbox 360 is supposed to have wireless controllers, and even be capable of acting as a wireless hub on your WiFi network—so we can assume RF (or Bluetooth) and WiFi right there. But what the hell is up with Microsoft asking a question like that? Are they considering a wireless media-link kind of system between the box and the TV? And if they are, we’re not even going to get started on what sort of craziness you’ll be able to pull with that. But the fact is, we don’t know what they’re getting at, and while we don’t appreciate this kind of vagueness, it’s not too late for them to make the 360 a single switch-tripping light-up cable kind of system, otherwise totally wireless. By the way if you’re listening Microsoft, the Engadget answer to the above question is, oh, say 3 or 4.

I'm sorry, but this Xbox majiggy is starting to shape up....

Sammael
02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
I read somewhere, rumor has it the console itself will not have any controller ports.

CMX Jedi
02-23-2005, 11:56 AM
i realy dont see a point in makeing the xbox to TV wireless, there would still be the power cord. unless it ran on batterys.

Huckleberry
02-23-2005, 01:13 PM
there are a lot of advantages to only a power cord. i could set my xbox up on any of my tvs in the house if it were wireless. even if range were a problem, which i doubt, i could just unplug it and play in my room if my roommates were on my big screen. my answer to the question would be an emphatic 1!

on the wireless controller thing, i wonder if it means we could play 8 on a box for a game like nfl 2k10. also, what sort of issues might arise with lan parties and 16+ controllers in a fairly contained area...

SamSmith
02-23-2005, 04:31 PM
all rumour and no truth i say. ms wanted to make the manufacturing cheaper, they arent going to go wireless then...

but i dont really mind wires, it means i wont loose my controllers :D
but anyway there will always be one wire that you need... the power cable... that is until we somehow find out how to send power through the air wirelessly

GuiltySpark
02-23-2005, 08:12 PM
People forget how cheap wireless technology is getting. It's almost becoming standard now.

And wireless power is possible, but hasn't been developed enough yet. I remember there was a scientist who managed to power a light from acoss small valley. That was a LONG time ago.

SamSmith
02-24-2005, 01:47 AM
i suppose it could be posibal that it could be powered by the heat of your hands on the controller... but that would mean that dead or lifeless people couldnt people couldnt play... :)

Variation-XBA
02-24-2005, 12:13 PM
i suppose it could be posibal that it could be powered by the heat of your hands on the controller... but that would mean that dead or lifeless people couldnt people couldnt play... :)

Your really just trying to find any excuse to spam now arnt you :P

TheCovenant
02-24-2005, 02:58 PM

uhm....WOW. :bang:

SamSmith
02-24-2005, 04:11 PM
Your really just trying to find any excuse to spam now arnt you :P

no....

i dont spam... wait, forget about this post :whistle:

wbio
02-24-2005, 07:31 PM
That would be really tight. I don't even bother playing Xbox on my dad's big screen because I have to either unplug the receiver or plug it into the receiver each time I go there, and it's hard to get to. Now I won't have to worry about it except the first time.

Highlite23
03-02-2005, 10:54 AM
Didn't notice any pix, could this be it?? LOL.

Slowride
03-02-2005, 10:57 AM
I hope it'll connect to my WiFi network cuz thats what I use and I want xbl again!!!

GuiltySpark
03-02-2005, 11:09 AM

Heck yes! :hump:

CRAYMAN
03-02-2005, 01:37 PM

That looks an awful lot like "Guilty Spark?" from Halo!

SamSmith
03-02-2005, 04:23 PM

lol! i have that pic! i was going to post it just today! good thing i saw that post first!

TOTTEN
03-02-2005, 04:26 PM
Well with the wireless capapbilities to hook up to a tv would it be possible for it to hook up the multiple tvs so there wont be any split screen crap?