PDA

View Full Version : Ninja having Xbox DVD problems!

Ninja Scroll
02-11-2002, 10:46 AM
YO my fellow addicts!
now I know I heard this and read it somewhere before, but as in everything else in my life-I just let it go in one ear and come out the other!:D
j/k
Well before you laugh at my purchase please hear me out kids.
okay, im a DVD collector and very rarely watch any of them.
But over the weekend I remember my little cousin telling me that he heard the Xbox has problems with certain DVD movies, well one of them he meantioned I own,...it's um,..er *cough*Snow**White*cough,...and I decided to see what he was talking about.
Well, I but the movie in for the first time and the Xbox said- quote "your xbox cant rocognize this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged" end quote.
HAs anyone heard about a select number of movies the Xbox wont play?
note: the 2nd disc in the Snow White set worked, though it does not contain the feature film on it:( .

p.s. I only bought it because it's a classic!:D

Chr0nik
02-11-2002, 11:10 AM
I know this is a dumb question, but do you have the DVD playback kit? I am assuming you do. I had the same problem when I first got my xbox, but it turned out being the xbox itself not being able to read my games, there was a faulty optical pickup or some jiberish like that.

BTW: Don't feel bad, I have over 50 dvd movies, 49 of them being Walt disney, the other being Terminator 2. My wife only allows me to buy DVD's that my kids can watch in the future.

I am whipped by my wife.

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Ninja turtle...I see that this is really important being that you want to watch Snow White and all :D HOMO ALERT!!!! HOMO ALERT!!! HOMO ALERT!!!! hehehe....jk, chief :D

Actually, I get a dirty disc error when I play Halo once in a blue moon. Just eject it and try it again. If it does it again, then try it again. It will work. It's a minor issue. :)

Ninja Scroll
02-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Maximus
Ninja turtle...I see that this is really important being that you want to watch Snow White and all :D HOMO ALERT!!!! HOMO ALERT!!! HOMO ALERT!!!! hehehe....jk, chief :D

:(

Capt Marvel
02-11-2002, 02:42 PM
Fear not Ninja. Disney has a history of producing DVDs that just wont work with many brand name DVD players and the PS2. It comes as no surprize that the XBOX would also have a problem. Apparantly Disney is aware of the problem and working for a fix via a firmware upgrade for the ps2. No word on Xbox. Check out IGN's DVD section for a DVD compatiblity list for ps2 and xbox.

Good luck

JJaX
02-11-2002, 02:49 PM
Actually Bill Gates now knows your a Homo. Your free issue of Stew Eating Man Love is in the mail. :D

Ninja Scroll
02-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by JJaX
Actually Bill Gates now knows your a Homo. Your free issue of Stew Eating Man Love is in the mail. :D

You hatin on me jjax?
It's all good, im man enough to admit I own a Disney DVD, and to be honest with ya I own da Jungle Book too! NOW WHAT!?:cool:
No shame in my game kid! Because im a collectoor and im here to collect you!:D

GokuX
02-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Disney always says "buy it now before it's gone forever" then they wait about a year and re-release the same movie over again and get more money off all of the people that fell for the "buy it now before its gone" line. To heck with Disney DVDs.

JJaX
02-11-2002, 03:00 PM
Toystory 1 + 2 are cool as hell.
Fantasia is cool to.

Even better when High :D

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

You hatin on me jjax?
It's all good, im man enough to admit I own a Disney DVD, and to be honest with ya I own da Jungle Book too! NOW WHAT!?:cool:
No shame in my game kid! Because im a collectoor and im here to collect you!:D

Ja ja ja...JUNGLE BOOK!??!?! BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! LOTFLMMFAO!!!!

*hicup!* :confused:

JJaX
02-11-2002, 03:04 PM
JJaX Watches in disgust as Ninja Curls up with a galon of icecream and pops Gone with the wind in his VCR.

BWhahahahaah I crack myself up. **** ninja this is fun.

you knows we just Clowning DaWG

nik2deep
02-11-2002, 05:57 PM
I just heard a whip crack...was the for you or Kunta???

nik2deep
02-11-2002, 05:58 PM
Toystory 1 + 2 are cool as hell.
Fantasia is cool to.

Even better when High :D

Have you ever watched Fantasia???

Have you Ever watched Fantasia.....:eek: ON WEED!!!!!!!

Hugh_Jass
02-12-2002, 09:42 AM
The main problem I have with Disney releases is when they chop up one of their alleged "classics" and only offer it in Pan & Scan rather than anamorphic widescreen. Well, that and things like forced advertisements and no special features. Disney is the DVD bottom-feeder. If their movies are so revered you'd think they show them a little more respect.

JJaX
02-12-2002, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by nik2deep

Why yes....Yes i have.....

shererboat
02-12-2002, 10:28 AM

ju know how we roll:cool:

Ninja Scroll
02-12-2002, 10:30 AM
JJaX Watches in disgust as Ninja Curls up with a galon of icecream and pops Gone with the wind in his VCR.

BWhahahahaah I crack myself up. **** ninja this is fun.

you knows we just Clowning DaWG

Dear God, has this turned into the offical "clown ninja scroll thread":rolleyes: ?
I know you punks are having a good laugh at your hero! It's all good, im here to amuse all you SUCKA's!:D

ninja makes note: remember to clown waxy & jjax at the time they least expect it!

nik2deep
02-12-2002, 03:21 PM
****....i was supposed to hold a Halo tournament this weekend...but I decided to cancel it.....were haveing a disney convention...bring over your favorite plush toys or your fav. disney characters....we'll have trading cards and games...even pin the tail on pluto...so don't miss it...did i mention...unsalted popcorn for the feature movie....Beauty and the beast...See you soon...YEAH;)

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:26 PM
****....i was supposed to hold a Halo tournament this weekend...but I decided to cancel it.....were haveing a disney convention...bring over your favorite plush toys or your fav. disney characters....we'll have trading cards and games...even pin the tail on pluto...so don't miss it...did i mention...unsalted popcorn for the feature movie....Beauty and the beast...See you soon...YEAH;)

GRRRREEAAAT!!!

Can we wear Jammys and can i bring my Chin-Pokemon trading cards?

BWHAHAHAHAHA

shererboat
02-12-2002, 03:30 PM

GRRRREEAAAT!!!

Can we wear Jammys and can i bring my Chin-Pokemon trading cards?

BWHAHAHAHAHA

CHINPOKEMON!!!!!!:eek: OMG, im there an hour early....YEAH!!!!

nik2deep
02-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Ya'll some *****ez!!!1

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 03:48 PM
Ya'll some *****ez!!!1

Hey, NIK...quick question for you: How did you change your Gamespy ID from NIK2Deep to [XBA]NIK2Deep on your Gamespy Arcade software?

nik2deep
02-12-2002, 04:08 PM

Hey, NIK...quick question for you: How did you change your Gamespy ID from NIK2Deep to [XBA]NIK2Deep on your Gamespy Arcade software?

open gamespy...go to the gamespy menu...in the top left of the screen...third option down is "edit profile" ...third field down in the option is player profile...just change it there...you don't even have to update your lists...its all auto...so you don't loose touch with your playerspy buddies...

Next.....

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 04:10 PM

open gamespy...go to the gamespy menu...in the top left of the screen...third option down is "edit profile" ...third field down in the option is player profile...just change it there...you don't even have to update your lists...its all auto...so you don't loose touch with your playerspy buddies...

Next.....

Hey, thanks, dude...I'll fix mine tonight...I want to have [XBA]Maximus instead of Maximus. It'll be easier to find XBA members this way. Thanks again, buddy :)

DT21
02-12-2002, 04:20 PM

Hey, thanks, dude...I'll fix mine tonight...I want to have [XBA]Maximus instead of Maximus. It'll be easier to find XBA members this way. Thanks again, buddy :)
No wonder why I've never seen you online. I always look for the [XBA] part:D.

nik2deep
02-12-2002, 04:23 PM

its in the gamespy menu...unter player profile...the profile name...

and it even keeps all your ties in player spy

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by DT21

No wonder why I've never seen you online. I always look for the [XBA] part:D.

lol...sorry, dude...I'll fix it tonight. If for some reason I can't figure it out (though, it appears that it is very easy, so I should), you can always search for "Maximus". And, if too many people named "Maximus" come up, just look for the one that has no numbers. Also, included in my profile is my last name "Hacker" (it's true, that is really my last name). You'll definatley find me!

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you this...you're new signature is bad ass!!

nik2deep
02-12-2002, 04:24 PM
sorry...I thought my first answer didn't make the post....

DT21
02-12-2002, 04:31 PM

lol...sorry, dude...I'll fix it tonight. If for some reason I can't figure it out (though, it appears that it is very easy, so I should), you can always search for "Maximus". And, if too many people named "Maximus" come up, just look for the one that has no numbers. Also, included in my profile is my last name "Hacker" (it's true, that is really my last name). You'll definatley find me!

By the way, I've been meaning to tell you this...you're new signature is bad ass!!
Thanks man. Cool, I saw you last week, but I didn't think your last name was Hacker:).

Frostberg
02-12-2002, 04:55 PM
dam* Hackers...no wait, nevermind...

And back to NJ, nice to see how threads evolve, this is a classic!

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 09:01 AM
Originally posted by Frostberg
dam* Hackers...no wait, nevermind...

And back to NJ, nice to see how threads evolve, this is a classic!

lol, I feel ya frosty! First it was clown NJ for owning Snow White, but it did evolve into a gamespy thread?!:eek:
Good, now da infamous NJ owning Snow White will fade in da sun set!:D

btw, frosty.. stop slacking on your postings junior, I miss you when you used to post like a crack head!:D

JJaX
02-13-2002, 09:12 AM
All this talk about Gamespy is making me heated, Stop the violence!! I need to slow things down and watch the little mermaid now. AcK im such a Red assed Baboon!

*JJaX stares in disbelief.

That should throw things back into the orignial topic. :D :D :D

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 09:49 AM
well I think Ninja Jubei is the greatest xboxaddict poster of all-times, in fact I have a crush on him!:o Yes that's right, I didnt stutter, Ninja Scroll is my hero and my romeo Ninja! Im not fruity or funny guys, I just think he's a hottie! :o

DEAR GOD!!!! jjax, I didnt know you rolled like that bro!:eek: Sorry, but im a ladies ninja, not no dude who bonds with other dudes in dat way sunshine!
You better go find a crush to have on some other ninja addict hero! Jubei dont play dat!:D :D :D

JJaX
02-13-2002, 10:07 AM
damn You!!!! Pick on me all you want. But please lets not go to that realm. You got me good that time........

shererboat
02-13-2002, 10:13 AM
score one for ninja!!!!

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 10:47 AM
damn You!!!! Pick on me all you want. But please lets not go to that realm. You got me good that time........

LOL, jjax,....you betta go ASSSSK SOMEBODY!!!:D
Ask my dawg waximus how we do! We battle like no other addicts!
Im gonna make sure he reads this page 3 thread! He's gonna be ROTFL!
Yeah, I got you with a ninja classic! But you know your still my boy doe~!:cool:

Ninja Scroll
02-13-2002, 10:49 AM
Originally posted by shererboat
score one for ninja!!!!

yeah, Ninja is a GOD!:cool:

but I would'nt sleep on jjax making a comeback in due time.

Frostberg
02-13-2002, 02:40 PM
Guys, we are ignoring some obvious details here that noone else brought up...
Not only does NJ own snow white, but his friends tell him about it! I hope my friends dont tell me about any disney movie!
:D

BTW, Shadow Fox is trying to be the official ninja of XBA, and I think NJ should have something to say about that!

thunderkiss2k1
02-13-2002, 09:15 PM

yeah, Ninja is a GOD!:cool:

but I would'nt sleep on jjax making a comeback in due time.

Uh, just a quick question: which games are y'all playing on gamespy?

Frostberg
02-13-2002, 09:29 PM
the only game worth playing, halo :D

DBXNY
02-13-2002, 10:20 PM
YO my fellow addicts!
now I know I heard this and read it somewhere before, but as in everything else in my life-I just let it go in one ear and come out the other!:D
j/k
Well before you laugh at my purchase please hear me out kids.
okay, im a DVD collector and very rarely watch any of them.
But over the weekend I remember my little cousin telling me that he heard the Xbox has problems with certain DVD movies, well one of them he meantioned I own,...it's um,..er *cough*Snow**White*cough,...and I decided to see what he was talking about.
Well, I but the movie in for the first time and the Xbox said- quote "your xbox cant rocognize this disc. Make sure it's an Xbox game, DVD movie, or audio CD. Also check to see if the disc is dirty or damaged" end quote.
HAs anyone heard about a select number of movies the Xbox wont play?
note: the 2nd disc in the Snow White set worked, though it does not contain the feature film on it:( .

p.s. I only bought it because it's a classic!:D

I know this post has gone way off the subject, but Ninja, if you are still interested in resolving your problem, you might just want to try out another copy of Snow White. Disney DVDs don't really follow the official DVD spec (they can't even use the official DVD logo on the discs/packaging) and Snow White was apparently one that was way out of spec. From what I've been told, the Xbox had a software fix (before they shipped) just to play Snow White, but there still may be discs of Snow White out there that are just too much out of the limit. If you try another copy, it may just work fine.

Ninja Scroll
02-14-2002, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by DBXNY

I know this post has gone way off the subject, but Ninja, if you are still interested in resolving your problem, you might just want to try out another copy of Snow White. Disney DVDs don't really follow the official DVD spec (they can't even use the official DVD logo on the discs/packaging) and Snow White was apparently one that was way out of spec. From what I've been told, the Xbox had a software fix (before they shipped) just to play Snow White, but there still may be discs of Snow White out there that are just too much out of the limit. If you try another copy, it may just work fine.

Thanks DBXNY, but I got a question, why doesnt Disney DVD's or is it just Snow White that does not have the DVD logo's you speak of? What is it that they are or are not doing with the disc?
Im clueless on this! Can you elaborate more for me please?:)

nik2deep
02-14-2002, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by DBXNY

why do you know this much about the snow white problems????:eek:

JJaX
02-14-2002, 03:10 PM

why do you know this much about the snow white problems????:eek:

Because Lance took them on a double date to disney land on MTV's dismissed. :D

nik2deep
02-14-2002, 03:42 PM
I speculate on the crowd that xbox addict is drawing in
::sighs:::confused:

Then I remember the Gamer X's of the group

Jjax

Shererboat

Maximus

::breathes a sigh of relief:: :D

Game on

:) :) UP WITH HOPE!!! :) :)

:eek: :eek: DOWN WITH DOPE!!!!:eek: :eek:

shererboat
02-14-2002, 03:43 PM
:eek: :eek: DOWN WITH DOPE!!!!:eek: :eek:

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Casper
01-29-2003, 02:28 PM
hi ninja ;)

Just wanted to see if this could help anyone with DVD problems...yea, that's the ticket :D

RudedogX
01-29-2003, 02:33 PM
And here I thought that I had participated in all this fun too!:confused:

Ninja Scroll
01-29-2003, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by rudedogX
And here I thought that I had participated in all this fun too!:confused:

And you did'nt.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!:D

you look at a fool now lil'RDX!;)

Casper
01-29-2003, 02:51 PM
And you did'nt.

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

you look at a fool now lil'RDX!

Who's the fool now...u got clowned by Waxy big time in here...dam this ENTIRE thread is great

Originally posted by Maximus-XBA

Actually, I get a dirty disc error when I play Halo once in a blue moon. Just eject it and try it again. If it does it again, then try it again. It will work. It's a minor issue. :)

:eek: :eek:

JJaX
01-29-2003, 02:58 PM
hehehe even NIk and Shererboat was posting.

Damn thats old school like ninjas gear.

No Fear 23
01-29-2003, 04:02 PM
bumping a 1 year old thread is like humping an old lady

way to go casper :)

lol j/k
i've had no dvd problems, just so few dde, thats it. my xbox is tyte :cool:

Shadow20002
01-29-2003, 06:00 PM
Maybe the disc is curving. :rolleyes:

PapaSKooT
01-29-2003, 06:24 PM
Bwahahaha, i remember this thread... classic :cool:

No Fear 23
01-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by PapaShaddix
Bwahahaha, i remember this thread... classic :cool:

i dont think u never saw this thread.

the thread ended in feb. 2002 and u registered july 2002

no offense tho :)

Casper
01-29-2003, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by irule23
i dont think u never saw this thread.

the thread ended in feb. 2002 and u registered july 2002

no offense tho :)

No offense though...cuz he was here and it just shows that someone isn't paying much attention...ain't that right Skoot :)

JJaX
01-29-2003, 11:10 PM
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Hitman101
01-29-2003, 11:16 PM
The only problem I've have with the xbox playing DVD's is with Star Wars Attack of the Clones were one the extra feature's disc there is a movie with about 5 angles of view to see a scene of the movie from but everytime I play it my xbox justs boots me to the xbox dvd screen.:confused:

Ninja Scroll
01-30-2003, 10:17 AM
How many of you are useing your Xbox as your primary DVD movie viewing? ... I mean, other than a couple flicks when I first bought my Xbox in December of 2001 I have not really used it since.

I dont find da quality all dat edgy. Maybe it's my TV, I dunno.

But I just use my notebook since it's digital.
:)

Kraft
01-30-2003, 10:23 AM
Portable snow white, huh? Tellin ya now Ninja, that is going to get you beat up one of these days. Word on the street is the street ain't down with disney.

JJaX
01-30-2003, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA
Portable snow white, huh? Tellin ya now Ninja, that is going to get you beat up one of these days. Word on the street is the street ain't down with disney.

Thats true....

Just the other day i saw some bloods do a drive by on some dude with a goofy hat on. Betta watch yo back fool!

Ninja Scroll
01-30-2003, 10:54 AM
Originally posted by Kraft-XBA

Word on da streets is Ninja Pimp rans da streets foo!!:cool:

As a corporate company I could care less for Disney.
I have alot of hate toward dem for various reasons.

But i'll give you da latest beef I have with dem.

Tell me dis, why every Super Bowl win they always invite da white dudes who stunk it up in da SB?
They put dem on dat lame ass cheesy (no pun intended Kraft Cheese-XBA :D ) commercial talkin about "Brad Johnson & John Grudden, you just won da Super Bowl! Where Are You Going Next?"

dat makes me sick. What about da MVP huh?
What about when Jerry Rice won da MVP in da SB and Joe Montana goes to Disney huh?

What about Ray Lewis huh? Oh,.. they get dat sorry bum Trent Dilfer though.:rolleyes:
And I dont wanna here what Lewis did da year before cause they you will have to explain what's da excuse for Rice, and dude from da Bucs.
It's racist.

Only thing I give Disney props for is there animated "old school" classics ala The Lion King (greatest.animated.movie.ever), Aladdin, Jungle Book, Pinnocio, ect.

But in recent years they have fallen off. I mean outside of Tarzan & Mulan all there other joints blew.

Dats why there in debt now! BWHAHAHAHAHA!!:)

Ninja Scroll
01-30-2003, 10:58 AM
Thats true....

Just the other day i saw some bloods do a drive by on some dude with a goofy hat on. Betta watch yo back fool!

Yeah, you should watch yourself JJax, cause just last week I saw yo ass in da club getting clowned on cause you was rockin dat wack WB matching stone wash jean Jacket & tight ass balls swollen jean pants! :eek: :eek: :eek:

Heavens Gate
01-30-2003, 12:05 PM
I had the same problem. It's because Snow White is a different region cd and I believe it has pc downloads on the disk. Another cd with problems is
Jeepers Creepers
That's according to Xbox customer support. They are aware of the problem. My Jeepers Creepers second disk works as well, but not the movie. Only if I try it a few times will it work, but my first Xbox wouldn't play it at all.