PDA

View Full Version : Whats wrong w/Scrapland

Jojo Juey
02-25-2005, 02:58 PM
How come nobody seems interested in Scrapland? From what I've seen, this might be one of the best lookin games to come out on the Xbox, but still I hear nobody talking about it! Is it cool, or for some reason unbeknownst to me, does it actually suck cahoonies? I'm in the dark on this one.

MixMasta
02-25-2005, 03:13 PM
It is getting subpar reviews...check out this month's OXM.

thrAsher
02-25-2005, 03:19 PM
Best bit of recommendation I heard is that if you liked Beyond Good & Evil, you'll like Scrapland.

I'll wait for it to drop in price before I think about picking it up.

MerimacHamwich
02-25-2005, 03:31 PM
I find that odd thrAsher, you are looking for different games, yet when one like Scrapland comes along (created by American McGee no less) you wait on trying it out? Seems like you are kind of contradicting yourself.

Sammael
02-25-2005, 03:39 PM
I don't understand what the hype around American McGee is... So he made this game.. He also made Alice which I thought was terrible.. In my opinion he isnt that great.

thrAsher
02-25-2005, 03:39 PM
I know, Mac. I'm just beginning to feel jaded w/ consoles. I honestly know nothing about McGee, and what's got me holding off is the many mentions of tedious 'fetch' quests in the game. I hate that sort of thing, it's a cheap gimmick. But, as I did love BG&E, I'm sure I'll have a good time w/ this game....eventually. It sounds good, just not $50 good. I'd like to hear what any of our members have to say about it, too.

I'm more interested in Dai Senryaku VII at the moment, which is impossible to find around here.

Spaztic
02-25-2005, 04:19 PM
I am going to give it a rent...as soon as I tear myself of NFSU2

MerimacHamwich
02-25-2005, 05:04 PM
That's cool thrash. I just hope you aren't involuntarily limiting yourself.

SPARTAN VI
02-25-2005, 05:04 PM
I've been playing American Mcgee's Alice lately, damn good fun. If Scrapland is anything like it, no doubt it's fun.

SamSmith
02-25-2005, 06:21 PM
i did see some sub-par reviews as was stated... and that did put me off, but i was slightly hyped for this... it does look fantastic... and when i see it i want to rent it... i hate the impact that reviews have on a games popularity. I say try it for yourslef, then decide

idaho
02-27-2005, 02:11 AM
i'll give it a rent too. i played alice for a while on my pc and enjoyed that. plus, i have to give a guy credit for walking around with a name like american mcgee.

blonks
02-27-2005, 02:53 PM
i'll give it a rent too. i played alice for a while on my pc and enjoyed that. plus, i have to give a guy credit for walking around with a name like american mcgee.

hey man.. this is off topic... but shoot me a PM, i live in boise and go to timberline....