PDA

View Full Version : The Suffering: Ties that Bind

Snowblind
02-27-2005, 01:44 AM
I'm suprised no one has mentioned this yet. Well, anyway for the people that don't know; Ties that Bind is the sequel to The Suffering, it takes place right after Torque escapes from prison. He ends up in Baltimore and as fate would have it, Baltimore is under attack by hideous monstrosities. You can start the game out by loading your previous save from the original Suffering. You can have 3 beginnings and 3 endings in all which leads to a total of 9 possible endings. Depending on Torque's alignment, he can go into rage mode which either turns him into a glowing blue angel type person or a faded red corpse, both have unmatchable powers but you have to be aligned, there's no reward for being neutral. Torque encounters many civilians along the way which he can either help, ignore, or slaughter mercilessly. This time around, Torque can only carry 2 weapons at a time. There are also 9 new monsters added to the regulars you saw in the original. The Suffering: Ties that Bind is set to release in fall of 2005 and will be available to the Xbox, PS2 and PC and will be rated M for mature. You can find screenshots, and a couple of gameplay trailers at IGN and Gamespot.

The GFX have been redone and everything, also XBL is rumored to be planned. I can't wait.

BlindSniper
02-27-2005, 11:56 AM
I agree, I have been very interested in this title. There really kicking it up a notch I think on this one. The suffering was great, and with all the improvements I think this will be just amazing. There doesn't seem to be too much hype though....which can be good. I'm guessing this will turn out to be another "riddlck", but that is just my opinion.
I as well can't wait, but I highly doubt there going to through some good xbl in there.

Variation-XBA
02-27-2005, 02:03 PM
The trailer I saw looked really cool as well

0w3n
03-06-2005, 12:33 PM
sequel to the suffering? thats great. the suffering is an amazing game in my opinion. i love how dark and horriffic it is. :)