PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks

BlindSniper
02-27-2005, 11:12 PM
Has anybody been looking at it? I just recently watched a 7 minute video on it at ign and it looks pretty damn good. It's a whole new game of Mortal Kombat. It has gone third person action beat em up style and looks great. It has some cooperative in it as well that looks very fun.

It looks like the fighting runs very very smooth. Don't get me wrong, it's no ninja gaiden but I can definitely see similiarites in the smoothness and swiftness of the moves. It's got classic characters to be too and includes things like spike traps, fatalities, boss battles and double teaming (coop).

Is this old news or something? I haven't found a thread or anything about this, but any thoughts? I suggest everyone check out the video...

http://media.xbox.ign.com/media/709/709116/vids_1.html

lllSmokelll
02-27-2005, 11:45 PM
if the story in the game isnt cheezy this could be good

Snowblind
02-28-2005, 12:20 AM
They're already making another Mortal Combat? :yikes:

Variation-XBA
02-28-2005, 02:01 AM
Dunno what you saw Sniper, but the vid I saw made sure I'll stay clearly away from it, looks horrible and is not even a true MK title

BlindSniper
02-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Well, it's definitely not a mortal combat title, but I'm a sucker for hack/beat em up titles......I'm just curious to see how this turns out, but it could easily flop :yikes:

jteqnique
02-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Reminds me of "Streets of Rage" from atleast 3 generations ago, I'll have to pick it up.

lllSmokelll
02-28-2005, 09:33 PM
Well, it's definitely not a mortal combat title, but I'm a sucker for hack/beat em up titles......I'm just curious to see how this turns out, but it could easily flop :yikes:
itll be there 2nd atempt at this kinda game "MK Special Forces" was a adventure style Mortal Kombat game too

Shadow20002
03-01-2005, 05:20 PM
Coop game is the way to go for me!!!