PDA

View Full Version : Official WWF Raw Thread

fear_this
02-11-2002, 05:39 PM
Post all of your Raw information and questions in here. And, is it true that Fred Durst is on the game or is it just some kind of rumour?

Integra Man
02-11-2002, 05:43 PM
yep i saw him in undertakers bike!

i wanna know if there will me a road to wrestlemania or something like that cause theres NO way there isnt

fear_this
02-11-2002, 05:56 PM
Is there a hell in the cell? I know almost nothing about this game. Can someone give a list of a bunch of stuff and types of matches for Raw? I can't seem to find shyt. :(

fear_this
02-11-2002, 08:16 PM
Maybe...... :D ;)

BJDIrish1
02-11-2002, 11:34 PM
Hey guys, I was just checking out the review of RAW on Gamespot's website. For the most part, this is what it had to say:
Graphics = good although the wrestlers seem to walk like RoboCop, and Triple H doesn't resemble his true life counterpart all that well, entrances were good
Gameplay = Terrible AI, NO blood, NO backstage areas, NO multiple arenas, NO tag team title match, NO wrestling in the crowd NO Royal Rumble (as far as i could tell), NO special matches, very difficult to pull off sig move...but they did say the top rope moves looked good, there were a lot of weapons to choose from, and you could wear/knock off a lot of things.
Overall = 6.5/10
They said that the game seemed to be rushed and fell short of it's potential.
Personally, i'm a bit ticked off due to the things that they said were gonna be in the game but were left out (blood, wrestling in crowd, multiple arenas...). I hope that maybe the hype around the game led to this low score since i already have it pre-ordered.

Spaztic
02-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Gamespots reviews suck!

AvedisZ
02-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Well, either GameSpot is full of BS or it's THQ. On the back of the box it says all kinds of stuff about backstage areas. The Box also says you CAN wrestle in the crowd and their are table matches. WTF???? GameSpot or THQ is gonna get a nasty e-mail from me.

X-Factor
02-12-2002, 06:46 PM
fear_this-- I believe I already made an "Official WWF Raw Thread" over in the fighting game section. :rolleyes:

studepaber
02-12-2002, 08:24 PM
The PS2'ers at Gamespot doesn't know a good game if it bit them in the asss. Besides Halo they gave VERY poor reviews of good xbox games. Their main gripe seemed to be with the lack of story modes in the game and a few other minor details. I donno about all you guys, but I play wrestling games with 3 people usually and I could give a rat's arse about the story mode. Also the lack of blood disturbed me though, but THQ were asked to make the game a teen rating, errrrrrrrrr there is a blood option ya know and parents can fix their xbox up not to play mature rated games. oh well, I'm still VERY hyped about the best wrestling game ever coming out tomorrow, it's gonna be sshhhhweeeeeet.

:o

VIMike
02-12-2002, 11:13 PM
Hi there,
I have briefly reviewed the WWF RAW offical strategy guide from Prima and here are some information that wonders in your mind:

1. No blood!
2. No cage, no hell in a cell, nothing like those type of matches.
3. Chyna was removed from the game, some sites offically said she was kept in and they are wrong.
4. 4 hidden wrestlers in the game:
-Vince McMahon
-Shane McMahon
-Stephanie McMahon
-Fred Durst (Limp Bizkit)
*To unlock these people, you have to win the titles, such as WWF, hardcore, IC and so forth.
5. No tag team titles exist in the game

I hope this was informative to many of you that read this...thanks for reading and enjoy the game tomorrow :)

Vteck3000
02-12-2002, 11:44 PM
Well i guess that another game that DIDN'T live to it's expectations............... too bad........... i was really hyped up about it........... no blood............ whyyyy??????????............ wrestling needs blood ................. no tag team match............ whyyyyyyy???????......... we need multiplayer................. what the hell did they do to that game all that time it was delayed......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

xtr0n187
02-13-2002, 03:00 AM
Well i guess that another game that DIDN'T live to it's expectations............... too bad........... i was really hyped up about it........... no blood............ whyyyy??????????............ wrestling needs blood ................. no tag team match............ whyyyyyyy???????......... we need multiplayer................. what the hell did they do to that game all that time it was delayed.....

Listen get a hold of yourself. Where have you been? No blood has been out for a while, to maintain a teen rating as per WWF's wishes. Second theres a tag match, just no tag team belts to win. The reason why it was delayed was to remove the blood, and polish up the game on some of the graphics and gameplay.

IGN gave this game a 9.1, and thats the highest they have ever rated any wrestling game.Thats pretty good since ign really arent fans of wrestling games.Gamespot is notoriously biased and retarded. These are the same people who said "10" for tony hawk 3...lol

MasterChiefFozz
02-13-2002, 10:03 AM
I get the game tonight and i'm pumped ....but all this talk worries me. Is the mere imperfection of no blood a reason to slag a game the is graphically advanced??? Well...what is the gameplay like as far as ladders and tables and chairs....Do weapons bend on ones head.... I mean honestly ...you can stop someones entrance with a sharp knee to the face. Where else can you do that??? ........will legends of wrestiling beat it i'll be the judge!

BJDIrish1
02-13-2002, 11:01 AM
Well, I got the game last night and played it for about 3 hours or so with some friends. There are no backstage areas or anything but their are about 50 or so various weapons or things to wear or beat on your opponent with including tables and ladders....although i was unable to send anyone through a table yet...i'm pretty sure that it can be done. Chairs do bend and eventually break in 2 if used a lot (it's pretty funny to see your guy walking around with just a chair frame), brooms break into 2 pieces and can then be used like drumsticks which is sweet, there are weapons available in every match...hardcore or not . The entrances look sweet and the graphics are great although it does look as if half the guys just got off a horse when they walk down the ramp. The gameplay is good but it is pretty difficult to pull off your signature move and if playing against someone good, it can be a bit of a pain trying to pull off a grappling move (a lot of tie-ups and push aways). The computer controlled players seemed to beat on me a lot. There are roads to all the titles except for Tag Team (there's still a tag team match). Overall, WWF RAW is definitely better than those X-Box haters over at Gamespot rated it...i'd have to give it about a 8.5 out of 10. Wrestling fans gotta have this game.

MasterChiefFozz
02-13-2002, 01:15 PM
How exactly is the finisher pulled off?? Can you still go into th crowds??

BJDIrish1
02-13-2002, 01:33 PM
The finisher is pulled off by hitting A+B at the same time while the voltage meter is flashing for you and your opponent is groggy (kinda complicated at first but after playing for a lil bit today, i got the hang of it).
I haven't been able to go into the crowds, i don't think that you can.
Another thing i just realized was that there is no commentary during the match...i swear they said that was gonna be in the game.

Jon27
02-13-2002, 06:31 PM
yeah they said it, they are a bunch of BSers

this game was a real step back in the evolution of wrestling games, No mercy was the start of something sweet, then they scraped the developer and went back to the basics, oh well this is the new start of something sweet and the next game sould be totally killer, unless anchor screws us again. another **** off is you cant rip your own music into the game.

ps gamespot gives the best reviews ign is for little kiddies

6.5 is still a fair score and this is indeed just a fair game

xtr0n187
02-13-2002, 07:42 PM
All i got to say to anyone who thinks this is "just a fair game"..
PLAY IT FIRST! I just played this game at my friends house today, and lemme tell ya, i was blown away....sdjbi may have more modes but its lacking in the gameplay.The gameplay on RAW is amazing.It is a game like UFC, in where it will take you a long time to master. The matches arent breezethrough like AKI THQ games.This game i give it after playing it a 8.9....gamepsot was smoking some crack or something with thier review. Also to anyone who keeps looking for things that arent in the game, just play it for what it does have to offer and youll never be disappointed.

Marc
02-14-2002, 12:34 AM
This game sucks. I've been playing it for three hours tryin to get the hang of it. Finishers are too ****in hard to pull off and you can get pinned at any time, even if you mash the **** out of all the buttons. This game looks great, but plays like *****.

Spaztic
02-14-2002, 09:20 AM
I felt this way about the game as well, untill I started to get the control scheme down. I can usually pull a special every match and I can win most of the time. I feel this game has a high learning curve. Marc don't give up on it yet! I didn't like it at first either but now I think its gameplay is more realistic and fun then no mercy!.....still haven't been able to put someone though a table though?! IF anyone has let me know!

BJDIrish1
02-14-2002, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by bryanhls
I felt this way about the game as well, untill I started to get the control scheme down. I can usually pull a special every match and I can win most of the time. I feel this game has a high learning curve. Marc don't give up on it yet! I didn't like it at first either but now I think its gameplay is more realistic and fun then no mercy!.....still haven't been able to put someone though a table though?! IF anyone has let me know!

I got put through a table and I also put someone through the announce table...you just have to be in front of it and do a suplex or some kind of grappling move.

MasterChiefFozz
02-14-2002, 09:46 AM
I have the game now and like it...by the way once i gave tazz a last ride through a table i decided that i like it. ..... a few things i have found is that the tables are breakable...but as in Warzone (ps1/n64) you have to slam the through it NOT form on top of it......but from the side of it. Also why the F$%# is Mr. Durst in the game???!!!??!.........If you want to do a strong grapple, make them groggy (no sh&T right??) but.. do you know when they are going to be groggy?? When you hit them and the screen blurs, prepare for grapple....also FYI Undertakers CHokeSlam is a strong grapple ..left attack Grapple. The Big shows finisher rules.. I went through the lightweight division with him. Also i think that this game is cool b/c it's not for button mashers.....HEHE if anyone gets into the crowd/climb a ladder/ or put someone through the announcers table, post how plz:eek:

Caspel
02-14-2002, 03:47 PM
Anybody know how to access the Royal Rumble feature that I hear is on the game?

xtr0n187
02-14-2002, 05:12 PM
There is no Royal Rmble feature....wherever you heard that they lied or were misinformed. Time to lay the smackdown on your sources.

Caspel
02-14-2002, 05:18 PM
Actually I didnt hear it was on the game, just heard that 6 people are allowed in the ring at the same time battling. So I thought that was in a Royal Rumble option, so not sure how they were able to get 6 people in the ring.

The Terminator
02-14-2002, 05:32 PM
Are there reversibles in the game, and if so, how do u do them, and are they as ridiculous and easy as in No Mercy? I remember a I could reverse a punch, and then my friend would reverse my punch, and this would go on forever until someone just gave up, and let himself be hit.

Marc
02-14-2002, 10:18 PM
I got the finisher down now (with Christian) but I can't kick out of a pin. I gave Spike Dudley the Unprettier on the ramp three times, but when I got him back in the ring he beat me with a small package and had not even been touched by him the whole match...

Marc
02-15-2002, 02:09 AM
I fixed that problem. Since I can't get out of the pin, I fight on the outside, give my opponent the Unprettier on the ramp, then stand on the opposite apron. Wen my opponent gets in the ring and comes toward me, I give him the hanngman, roll in the ring and pin him before he can get up. It worked on the Rock, Stone Cold, and the Undertaker, so it should work on anyone. Cheap, I know, but Christian would be proud. Remember, if you're not cheatin', you're not tryin'.

MasterChiefFozz
02-15-2002, 11:10 AM
If you seem to have troubles kicking out of pins is that you mash...to get out of a pin (if you would kindly check the manual or watch the how to.) Is to wiggle the left stick from left to right. works every time...also i've done something cool..Pick undertaker and set up a table Down below/next to the Stage( at the bottom of the drop off) Fight the opponent all the way up and give him a last ride all the way down the ramp and through the table. :eek: :(

EHWfedPres
02-15-2002, 11:38 AM
I dont understand why Gamespot rated this game like poopy...

No multiple arenas...who buys the game to look at the pretty arenas?
No Royal Rumble...every other wrestlin ggame has Royal Rumble, so go play one of them.
No fighting in the crowd...thank God, remember the cardboard spectators in SD3? LOL
No fighting backstage...oh well, go play No Mercy then
No Career Mode...good, career mode always sucked in wrestling games.
Finishers are hard to pull off? No...you just get your meter flashing (by taunts and beating down on the guy) and grapple, and hit the buttons.

My only complains are...

No attacking people when your getting up off the mat.
You can get hit any time at all
Reversing grapples sucks, it should be time based, the person who hits it at the right time gets the move off. Or whoever does the grapple gets the move.
Breaking tables is kind of hard...and you cant climb on top of them?
Sometimes you just cant pick up a weapon
Fred Durst is a homo

Jon27
02-17-2002, 12:46 PM
EHWfedPres, why would you counter the bad findings in the game by gamespot, by telling them to play another game, that doesnt make sence

another thing is this, game spot rates their games differently then IGN, IGN basicly only rates between 7-10, even for the games that suck, gamespot likes to use the whole range to rate within.

10.0 ... "Perfect"
This score refers to a game that cannot be improved upon in any way at all.

9.0 - 9.9 ... "Superb"
A game within this range is absolutely recommended. Games that score in this range are highly uncommon.

8.0 - 8.9 ... "Great"
A game within this range is excellent in most every way, and its few setbacks are negligible. Games that score in the upper half of this range are fully recommended by GameSpot and are good enough to provide an enjoyable experience both to fans of the game's particular genre and to new players alike.

7.0 - 7.9 ... "Good"
A game within this range is very good and worth playing for fans of its particular genre. While its strengths outweigh its weaknesses, a game that falls in this range tends to have noticeable faults.

6.0 - 6.9 ... "Fair"
A game within this range has certain good qualities but significant problems as well.

5.0 - 5.9 ... "Mediocre"
A game within this range is merely average, and it has enough weaknesses to thoroughly dampen its strengths. There probably exists a much better game of its kind.

4.0 - 4.9 ... "Poor"
A game within this range lacks the cohesion, direction, or quality that would otherwise make it enjoyable.

and so on, this game may be a little under rated as it could have gotten a 7 but thats it, 6.5 is fair and raw is a fair game, when you consider all the lack in options, and the hords of jap culture thrown in by the developers into an americian game.