PDA

View Full Version : WWF Raw Review from Gamespot

DT21
02-11-2002, 06:05 PM
The game got a 6.5!?!?!?! Head on over to gamespot and check it out.

Infinite
02-11-2002, 06:29 PM
yea well what did you expect? no one at gamespot likes wrestling games. They appreacitte fake arcade type wrestling games! NO mercy and wrestlemania both got lower scores than all the smackdowns put together. not to mention only 3 games have gotten higher than an 8 by gamespot. there biased and love sony. They do not like microsoft.

anthrax0r
02-11-2002, 06:41 PM
I never listen to those sites... I would rather get user reviews by non biased gamers.

Ill probably pick it up first day nonetheless though :D

DT21
02-11-2002, 07:23 PM
What did SDJBI get?

GRAVEDIGGER
02-11-2002, 07:28 PM
I definately agree with Infinite and my dawg DT21, noone at GAmespot likes wrestling games, i mean they all claim to be in awe at how the game looks and how solid the gameplay is overall, then all of a sudden at the end of the 4 page article they claim the game's A.I. is awful?! Seriously listening to Gamespot all the time is like bringing a PP47 to a 12 player Halo Battle Royal!! f The always come biased and completely unarmed with enough support to claim and keep one position, rather than bash the game on one page, and praise it on the other and then continue this blasphemy for another 2 pages!!
**SLOWLY GAMESPOT BEGINS TO LOOSE ITS OVERWHELMED REVIEW CREDIBILITY**

Untill next time, the GRAVEDIGGER has spoken:mad:

Boooo
02-11-2002, 08:07 PM
Gamespot always s*cked with their reviews, dont listen to them, I'm not even surprised that they gave 6.5 They are just dumb

fear_this
02-11-2002, 08:11 PM
I say we form an alliance and take over gamespot! :D

Darax
02-12-2002, 02:01 AM
I couldn't find the actual review...

cuz I'm a blind fool

J Dub
02-12-2002, 02:28 AM
If you watch the video review that they posted under the movies section, you will see that guy refer to Smackdown: Just Bring It as "fast paced, realistic" gameplay (or something like that). He thinks Smackdown was realistic? What a joke!

Darax
02-12-2002, 02:35 AM
I'm really irritated by these review sites that just have to get the review out on day 0, but dont actually PLAY the **** game. Seriously, part of reviewing is you are supposed to play the whole game-from the sounds of it, the reviewer didn't even try to get all the titles. I could understand if the game was godfreakinawful that you couldn't stand to play it, but I didn't get that impression from reading the review.

Oh well, there is one reviewer I trust-me.

El Pollo Loco
02-12-2002, 08:36 AM
dont matter about any reviewers really. Just get the game and if it u dont like take it back in exchange for another game. PRoblem is that it's human nature to be biased. For example if you absolutely hate wrestling there is now way inhell you would give a wrestling game a stellar review. Of course what do i know?

my 2 cents.

XBOXgamer13
02-12-2002, 09:18 AM
maybe the reviewers where drunk or something while they are reviewing the game?

Msterrrr
02-12-2002, 07:20 PM
ever think they could be right? has anyone in this post actually played raw yet?

Kid Ryan
02-12-2002, 09:01 PM
Here comes the gamespot bashing. You people are trying to find every little thing to use against gamespot and it's getting ridiculous. Everyone is mad that Raw got a low score yet not many have played it yet(including you Infinite you liar). I wonder what would happen if they gave X-Box games higher rankings then PS2 games. I bet it would be ok then.

The Terminator
02-12-2002, 09:11 PM
How many of you ppl bashing gamespot have actually played RAW? If you have not, then shut up. The points they brought up are legit for all I know, and the part about the multiplayer being a drawback due to the simulation engine, thus making it hard to play, is very worriesome to me.

How many times have I seen this board gripe and moan about games that have no replay value? This game doesn't have a story mode, and only has like 2 arenas, and no interesting modes. The CAW is the only feature that sounds like it'll create some replayability. If the multiplayer is as bad as they said it was, then 6.5 is a pretty leniant score. Due to their review, I'm definately going to rent it.