PDA

View Full Version : SW:Republic Commando

vman
03-01-2005, 08:13 PM
It has released today! I got it! It's friggin awesome. Same gameplay as Halo with a twist of squad-based action and its STAR WARS! omg, this is a must have for any star wars fan or FPS fan. Its fantastic! Best game ever! Better than Halo! and Live compatible.

Variation-XBA
03-01-2005, 09:28 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say best game ever, but it is pretty fun, and it's absolutely gorgeous on the PC

Echoes
03-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Looks neat, a mixture between Halo and Metriod Prime with a Star Wars Theme.

vman
03-01-2005, 10:41 PM
I wouldn't go as far to say best game ever, but it is pretty fun, and it's absolutely gorgeous on the PC
i know, i know... maybe i jumped the gun a little. Im just so excited!

CarGuy
03-01-2005, 10:47 PM
I hope it's better than the Demo that came with KOTOR.

Reclaimer
03-01-2005, 11:14 PM
Well, that interview just went straight to the garbage can. Damn you Lucas Arts for blowing me off!

vman
03-01-2005, 11:25 PM
Well, that interview just went straight to the garbage can. Damn you Lucas Arts for blowing me off!
im confused...

SamSmith
03-02-2005, 04:53 AM
how are the graphics... and how do they compare to the pcs?

vman
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
ok, the multiplayer is kinda bad, but the single player is bad ass! holy crap, the visuals are amazing. really sweet. and the sqaud capabilities are amazing!

sam, i havent seen it on PC but the xbox looks really beautiful.

Reclaimer
03-02-2005, 11:48 PM
im confused...

I sent them an interview with plenty of time to do it, and they blew me off.
If they release the game and I haven't gotten the interview back, it's considered dead.

Max33
03-03-2005, 12:51 PM
If they release the game and I haven't gotten the interview back, it's considered dead.

Dude,send them a leter expressing your resentment to their indifference,how you represent a community of thousands and their feelings about said indefference,along with a pitition made up of the entire members list stating our dissapointment and intention to boycott future Lucas Arts products and liscences.
Throw in sume junk about fan support and community support and what-not,and sign all the staffers names on the letter head.

And tell em you want some demos...

Couldnt hurt.

TheCovenant
03-03-2005, 01:19 PM

sucks.

The demo was pretty boring.Brother's in arms just came iut, and its also a squad based fps, so judging from the reviews, the game kinds looks unappealing by comparison.

Madhattr
03-04-2005, 05:00 PM
It is far from Halo's quality but it is a great start. It has some serious issues, I just got it a couple days ago and some things are pissing me off.
- Tiny jump, why even have a jump when it is this pathetic?
- You have to look at weapons to pick them up.
- Online is awful, too much to go into detail.
- I can't find the sensitivity control, its like super fast and with skinny droids its damn hard to aim.
THis is all I have found so far, but it is one of the best buys I have made yet. Much better then Mech Assault 2.

SamSmith
03-04-2005, 07:24 PM
- Tiny jump, why even have a jump when it is this pathetic?

yeah in h2 we can jump about 20 ft high!!! :rofl:

im looking forward to trying this title!

Brevity
03-04-2005, 08:11 PM
Hate to hear that REC.

This game looks sweet the interface and HUD remind me of Metriod, which I loved. Cant wait to try this out.

Madhattr
03-04-2005, 09:22 PM
heh the jump is so bad it reminds me of George Costanza jumping. The game is bad ass and if they modeled it after Halo except use Star Wars storyline and the in game animations (which are totally bad ass) it would have easily been up there with Halo. I love the shot gun (array gun) and the way the enemies drop when you shoot them.
Also some guys launch off the ground if you shoot their jet pack. This game is great.

vman
03-05-2005, 12:04 AM
heh the jump is so bad it reminds me of George Costanza jumping. The game is bad ass and if they modeled it after Halo except use Star Wars storyline and the in game animations (which are totally bad ass) it would have easily been up there with Halo. I love the shot gun (array gun) and the way the enemies drop when you shoot them.
Also some guys launch off the ground if you shoot their jet pack. This game is great.
dude, yes, the jump sux so much balls. its not even a jump. i never use it, there is never a need to. oh well.

the multiplayer WAS a HUGE let down. What is so hard about making a decent multiplayer. i thought it was going to be identical to halo which it kinda is but there are those little tweaks that make it get worse and worse.

single player is absolutely phenomenal. I love it. the squad is so respondant and they do things so smoothly and that one button control is fantastic. the one complaint i have is that sometimes the task is not done by the appropriate squad member. like i want scorch to plant a charge and then sev goes and does it and when i want a slice, scorch goes and does it. This doesnt always happens but when it does, its weird. but the game itself still is pretty BEAST!

A very cool thing to look for is when one of your squad guys gets up close and personal with the enemy for some sweet animation sequences of hand-to-hand combat.

SamSmith
03-05-2005, 03:11 PM
i played it on a stand in a shop today!! i got kind of into it, but the controllers that they had were the old duke and they werent working properly!!

i was going to buy it then afterwards... but i saw city of heroes, and i had been looking out for it... so i got that instead! i hope i made the right decision!

Madhattr
03-06-2005, 03:03 PM
dude, yes, the jump sux so much balls. its not even a jump. i never use it, there is never a need to. oh well.

the multiplayer WAS a HUGE let down. What is so hard about making a decent multiplayer. i thought it was going to be identical to halo which it kinda is but there are those little tweaks that make it get worse and worse.

single player is absolutely phenomenal. I love it. the squad is so respondant and they do things so smoothly and that one button control is fantastic. the one complaint i have is that sometimes the task is not done by the appropriate squad member. like i want scorch to plant a charge and then sev goes and does it and when i want a slice, scorch goes and does it. This doesnt always happens but when it does, its weird. but the game itself still is pretty BEAST!

A very cool thing to look for is when one of your squad guys gets up close and personal with the enemy for some sweet animation sequences of hand-to-hand combat.

I was going to say the same thing about the sequence of stabs they do to the kardoshans. Maybe they will take some hints from the public and make the next one a real Halo contender. The campaign definitly is great and the online multiplayer is attrocious.
I love the built in wrist knife thing and interchangable heads for the gun is cool too. One thing about the comands that pissed me off is I would have everyone set in position and then go to place a charge on a droid dispenser and hit Y except I wasnt close enough to do it myself so it would call someone out of their position. Very aggravating.

JuniorBrady
03-08-2005, 01:58 PM
Whats the problem with Multiplayer exactly? Is it squad based like Brothers?