PDA

View Full Version : Halo Online

GreenFire
02-11-2002, 06:22 PM
Will someone please tell me EVERYTHING I need to know to hook up to halo online. I have an ethernet hub and I am using a cable modem at the time. I also have a plethera of network cards laying arouund. please help.

monkeyman
02-11-2002, 06:31 PM
no offense but i hate you:( ill never get my xbox hooked up online

(i dont hate you but still im a sad sad boy)

fear_this
02-11-2002, 06:40 PM
Did the online cord come with the x-box or do you have to buy it? And how would I hook it up to see my X-box`s name.

l Maximus l
02-11-2002, 07:04 PM
Greenfire...I can help. This is what you do:

1. From your HUB, use a standard CAT 5 cable (not crossover) from the "uplink" port on it and connect it directly to your Cable modem.

2. From Port 1 on your HUB, connect it with a second standard CAT 5 cable to the ethernet port on the back of your CPU (it's the only input that it will plug into). (Note: it doesn't matter which port you use, just don't use the uplink port for this, that's why I suggested port 1).

3. From Port 2 on your HUB, connect it with a third standard CAT 5 cable and connect it to your XBox. A green LED light will turn on right above the input on your XBox to show that it is getting juice.

4. Download the free trial version of Gamespy Arcade Software and Gamespy Tunnel Software at www.gamespy.com

NOTE: If your HUB has a built in firewall, you will want to disable it, otherwise, you won't be able to create your own game. You will be subject to only join games. If this is the case, simply go to the internet options screen on your computer, select "Advanced" and uncheck the box if it's checked.

Now, get your ass on-line! You have no idea what you have been missing!!! Hope that helps! :)

FlyBoy
02-11-2002, 07:18 PM
If you have Roadrunner or ethernet... just hook the ethernet cable directly from the wall to the XBOX... if not, do what the previous post said. A little more confusing, but it works if you only have standard internet connection.