PDA

View Full Version : Fight Night 05

CRAYMAN
03-02-2005, 10:11 AM
Is this game ANY good. I'm not a fan of EA, but I LOVE boxing. I didn't like Fight Night 04 though.

I want this to be GOOD. Let me know so I can pick it up if necessary.

Variation-XBA
03-02-2005, 10:23 AM
It's better than the first Fight Night. Much more to it, and the power control system for Haymakers is AWESOME.

Inbetween rounds you have to try and heal your guy as best possible as well.

Casper
03-02-2005, 12:48 PM
Jafo put up a video of the game today, if you want to check it out.

http://www.clan-council.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2272

It's a complete fight, so save the file and skip through it if you want. I love the in-between rounds setup they did. You now have to heal your swollen face or fix the cuts with a nice setup.

This is easily the best boxing sim ever. I played Jafo's copy all night last night and will be getting it this weekend. Playing on XBL was a bit of a pain, because of EA's crappy setup.

Btw, this is coming from someone who thought that FN 04 was great.

Spaztic
03-02-2005, 01:26 PM
I am getting it!

SamSmith
03-02-2005, 04:20 PM
i saw a vid, and the characters look great, the sweat effects give the skin a much more realistic look... it looks like its been bump mapped, but i cant picture effects like this from ea.

thatever theyve done, it looks very nice!!:)

Rochey69r
03-03-2005, 12:29 AM
fight night 2004 was great! i thought they would only ruin it by making a second one. i couldnt see what could be improved

CRAYMAN
03-03-2005, 05:20 PM
I got it!

Casper
03-03-2005, 05:37 PM
Cray -I just got it too. Fought 2 fights off line and realize I need alot of practice. I'll add you tonight when I get on.

mattgame
03-03-2005, 06:11 PM
I got it and my first impression is simply this: I LOVE IT!!! Oh my God!!! They have the new haymaker punches and man when you land those it's thunderous fo sheezy!! The graphics, the movements are improved. The only thing I don't like is the training is way too easy now. Other than that, I am ready to knock some fools out!!

CRAYMAN
03-04-2005, 10:43 AM
Let's fight tonight...bithces! I played last night(offline). I know I'm not ANY good, but I will learn. I played '04 in the store for a few minutes and didn't like it. Glad I gave this a chance.

But where the hell is Vitali Klitsco!?!?!? He's only the Heavyweight champion of the world!!! I don't get it. They can sign the NFL Players Assoc. to an EXCLUSIVE, but not...Klitsco??? :huh:

Casper
03-04-2005, 01:51 PM
Yea, not sure what happened with Vitali - kinda peeved he's not in there. I went to Blockbuster to rent this today and the bimbo gave me the PS2 version :rolleyes: Gotta go back there tonight

CRAYMAN
03-04-2005, 02:01 PM
Yea, not sure what happened with Vitali - kinda peeved he's not in there. I went to Blockbuster to rent this today and the bimbo gave me the PS2 version :rolleyes: Gotta go back there tonight

HAHA! I'll be on around 10 pm to 2 pm.EST

It's a good game so far. But I wish the knockdowns from body blows looked more realistic, like a body blow. Maybe the boxer would periodically go down on one knee or favor that side. And now they have instituted...PARYING?...whatever.

101st_Airborne
03-04-2005, 02:33 PM
I wanted this game, but it was either Fight Night of Brothers in Arms. Im not dissapointed in my decision. I'll be picking this game up in about a month ;)

Oh, is Oscar De La Hoya in the lineup?

Casper
03-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Oscar's retired, so nah, he's not in it. I think he might have worked on another game in the past? That's why Tyson's not in it either.

Heavyweight:
# Roy Jones Jr

# James Toney

# Muhammad Ali

# Chris Byrd

# Joe Frazier

# Evander Holyfield

# Sonny Liston

# Rocky Marciano

# Ken Norton

Light Heavy:
# Jeff Lacy

# Evander Holyfield

# Roy Jones Jr.

# James Toney

# Antonio Tarver

Middleweight:
# Bernard Hopkins

# Ray Robinson

# Jermain Taylor

# Ronald Wright

# Jake LaMotta

Welterweight:
# Ricky Hatton

# Roberto Duran

# Arturo Gatti

# Shane Mosely

# Ray Robinson

# Miguel Cotto

# Ray Leonard

# Micky Ward

# Ricardo Mayorga

Lightweight:
# Mike Anchondo

# Jesse James Leija

# Roberto Duran

# Arturo Gatti

# Juan Lazcano

# Floyd Mayweather

# Shane Mosely

Featherweight:
# Marco Antonio Barrera

# Kevin Kelly

# Derrick Gainer

# Diego Corrales

# Juan Marquez

# Rafael Marquez

# Erik Morales

# Manny Pacquaio

CRAYMAN
03-05-2005, 01:21 PM
I saw you on last nite.
You were playing MLB2k5 most of the night.
I played a few matches online.
So far...I like it. But you're right about the EA online experience.

SamSmith
03-05-2005, 03:09 PM
EA online... if it is anything like it is on fifa 2005 then it is stupid... voicless, letter chat lobbies... damn, they just cant do anything... but it does get better when you start playing!! :)

Variation-XBA
03-05-2005, 04:40 PM
Oscar's retired, so nah, he's not in it. I think he might have worked on another game in the past? That's why Tyson's not in it either.

That and they didn't want to animate his special, the ear bite :P

CRAYMAN
03-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Ha! Yeah, that would be his 'signature' foul.

Sam, isn't that old joke/statement in your sig getting attention? You keep making it bigger and changing the color. Pretty soon it's going to take up my whole screen. Wat up wit dat?

ghost 009
03-07-2005, 12:24 AM
how do you do the haymaker punches if you don't use the ****ty total punch control control settings?

SamSmith
03-07-2005, 05:58 AM
Ha! Yeah, that would be his 'signature' foul.

Sam, isn't that old joke/statement in your sig getting attention? You keep making it bigger and changing the color. Pretty soon it's going to take up my whole screen. Wat up wit dat?
?? no i dont, i havnt gone near that thing since i put it up... i was going to take it down though.

Casper
03-07-2005, 10:17 AM
how do you do the haymaker punches if you don't use the ****ty total punch control control settings?
You can't do them using Config 6 - Config 3 is the best one because you can use the buttons for your normal punches, then the toggle for the haymakers.

ghost 009
03-07-2005, 12:11 PM
You can't do them using Config 6 - Config 3 is the best one because you can use the buttons for your normal punches, then the toggle for the haymakers.
thanks man, I use config 6 and I'm in the training session for haymakers...so I was a little confused :bang:

ghost 009
03-07-2005, 07:15 PM
I should just stick to first person shooters.

CRAYMAN
03-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Let's fight tonight and I'll be the judge!

Send me an invite. I'll be on in 1 1/2 hours

101st_Airborne
03-08-2005, 06:13 PM
Do you all reccomend this game? I've been reading some pretty bad reviews. I had a boxing game before on Xbox, had Muhammad Ali on the cover. I enjoyed it alot, and this one looks awesome.

CRAYMAN
03-08-2005, 07:43 PM
I have yet to read a bad review..?

I see some room for improvement, but if you like boxing...it's the only thing for online play. And it's significantly better than last year.

The one you played was Knockout Kings. That was an earlier version of Fight Night. They just changed the name.

101st_Airborne
03-09-2005, 01:38 AM
My mistake in saying bad reviews. Its bad reviews from people who have bought it. I went to EbGames.com and read tons of bad reviews.

CRAYMAN
03-09-2005, 10:36 AM
FRom the reviews, it seems like the main complaint is the difficulty. "It's too hard to block punches" or "the PC blocks too easily" are examples of complaints. I think that these guys are not boxing fans.
From my playing on 'normal' difficulty, the first time I played, I started in carreer mode. I have won EVERY amatuer fight and lost my second Pro fight(stopped on account of a Cut) and I've won the next one. I was initially concerned over the ease in which I dispatched my opponents. Keep in mind, I played a couple of rounds(not matches) of FN 2004's demo and that's it.
I will admit that I sometimes get disoriented when using the sticks based on the camera and my position in the ring, but it's still a fun game and there's no other option if you want online play. You could pick up Rocky Legends, but it isn't online. I liked Rocky better than FN '04, but when Rocky Legends came out w/out online play, I decided to skip it.
If you are a boxing fan, you'll like FN '05.

101st_Airborne
03-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Awesome. Thanks, man. I think I'll hold on buying this title. I still have cell phone bill to pay :( Maybe in two weeks, but right now I'm occupied with BIA and GR2's new skins/guns etc :)

mattgame
03-18-2005, 10:21 PM
FRom the reviews, it seems like the main complaint is the difficulty. "It's too hard to block punches" or "the PC blocks too easily" are examples of complaints. I think that these guys are not boxing fans.
From my playing on 'normal' difficulty, the first time I played, I started in carreer mode. I have won EVERY amatuer fight and lost my second Pro fight(stopped on account of a Cut) and I've won the next one. I was initially concerned over the ease in which I dispatched my opponents. Keep in mind, I played a couple of rounds(not matches) of FN 2004's demo and that's it.
I will admit that I sometimes get disoriented when using the sticks based on the camera and my position in the ring, but it's still a fun game and there's no other option if you want online play. You could pick up Rocky Legends, but it isn't online. I liked Rocky better than FN '04, but when Rocky Legends came out w/out online play, I decided to skip it.
If you are a boxing fan, you'll like FN '05.

It's too hard? Wow, I guess you have to know the game. I love that the ai in the game is sharp. It forces you to be sharp and not just throw haymaker after haymaker. My only complaint is the trainings. Way too easy. Last years were better. Other than that my fighter has just broke the top twenty and with only 2 losses I'm looking pretty good. :cheers:

Dyslexic Chaos
03-19-2005, 04:15 AM
Hahaa, wow, I guess I'm better at this game than i thought. At the medium setting, I'm ranked #4 in the Light-Heavy Division, and am undefeated in something like 25 fights. Hell, I have yet to even be knocked down. And i smoked the 3 people i playued online so far (between lag and people disconnecting while getting whooped, I've given up on it temporarily). BTW, to HARD to block? I black and parry almost every attack that comes my way, then smoke 'em with a 3 punch combo. Any of you guiys think you got the skittles? Send me a friend invite and bring it!