PDA

View Full Version : Reveloution

msdark
03-02-2005, 07:33 PM
i know this has nothing to do with the sentinery run issue, but i need to get something off my chest, the hostile takeover of the games development company 'Rare'. Ever since microsoft has taken them over the quality of games comming out on the 'RARE' name has been very low, and now classic games that rare put out back in the days 'GOLDEN-EYE' are being high-jacked by corparate big wigs E.A (electronic arts), and what did we get in return 'golden-eye rogue agent'. the worst first person shooter i have ever played. the graphics are so appalling they make N64 graphics look ground-braking today, people we have to take a stand against these big companies that are constantly flooding us with crap, unoriginal games that arnt even challenging e.g Driver 3, matrix online, spiderman.

And another complaint I have is games based on movies, when will someone develop a game that's based on a movie where the story-line is completely different from the movie, that way the the suspense of playing the game is not lost in the game.

People, my fellow gamers be it :PC gamers, xbox gamers, game cube, ps2 lets us take a stand against the 'MAN' and suck it to him 'WE WANT GAMES THAT R ORIGINAL & CHALLENGING 2 DA MIND'

signing off 4 now & 'MAD AS HELL & AINT GONNA TAKE DIS S**T ANYMORE'

Variation-XBA
03-02-2005, 10:33 PM
Id have to dissagree with the Spiderman bein crap, I and alot of people found it quite enjoyable.

And the movie comment: Play Ridd1ck, it's not based on the movie, and it a very well done but underrated game.

But you not buying one copy of game_x isnt going to do anything, neither is petitioning or something in that regard.

Rare didnt't make Rogue Agent, so why do you say that "Ever since microsoft has taken them over the quality of games comming out on the 'RARE' name has been very low"?

My problem with the industry: People are sheep. They will buy anything that has the marketting behind it. GTA and Halo being prime examples. Regardless of how good or bad these games may be (GTA was hugely overated), they will continue to sell millions cause of the name, and gems like Metal Arms will never be heard of. Gamers now adays care more about graphics than actualy gameplay (in general), and a popular name they know.

TOTTEN
03-02-2005, 11:14 PM
For every educated gamer there is 10 ignorant ones thats why this will neverwork. This bad stuff that is happening to the great companies and games is just bussiness we cant do anything about it.

SamSmith
03-03-2005, 10:26 AM
thats right, rare had no part in rougue agent.. but yes, rare has yet to prove its value to the xbox... but we have a game called , something... elements of power which is said to be good, and that is on the way... so, wait till that and well see if rare was worthy for the xbox

msdark
03-05-2005, 03:48 PM
ok my mistake, rogue agent was not made by rare, but why in gods name was EA sport allowed to use the golden eye licence, after there previous outings on the bond games, it is pretty obvious EA games r no good at FPS games (leave to RARE), and i know, i'm sure they have created an FPS game that was graet, but if were r going to judge them on there previous bond games. I've got these word to say. 'Great to look at, but crap to play'.

And another thing, shenmue on the xbox (excellent game have not clocked it) but could some one tell me why the jamaican character in them games has the worse accent i have ever heard. I know the game was developed in japan but considering them game was developed for an estimated $20 million (cannot verify whether that is true), I'm sure they could have got a decent voice actor.

One other thing black people in game's can we for once have a character that is not a dope head, violent looking rapist (street fighter charactor), machine gun tooting, can't make a sentence without a cause word character in a game. I know things have improve with half-life 2 (Dr ilie) but i think we need more

Variation-XBA
03-05-2005, 04:46 PM
it is pretty obvious EA games r no good at FPS games (leave to RARE), and i know, i'm sure they have created an FPS game that was graet
Battlefield is one of the best shooters for the PC made by EA

but if were r going to judge them on there previous bond games. I've got these word to say. 'Great to look at, but crap to play'.
Everything or nothing was actually quite good, and nightfire wasnt that bad for how old it is

but could some one tell me why the jamaican character in them games has the worse accent i have ever heard. I know the game was developed in japan but considering them game was developed for an estimated $20 million (cannot verify whether that is true), I'm sure they could have got a decent voice actor.
Voice acting is usually what a game isn't good at, not always but usually. And yes, it was one of the biggest budgets ever for a game.

LTM360
03-05-2005, 04:48 PM
Battlefield is one of the best shooters for the PC made by EA

It's actually made by Digital Illusions, or DICE. :)

SamSmith
03-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Everything or nothing was actually quite good, and nightfire wasnt that bad for how old it is

everything or nothing??? i was really disapointed with that. :(

but ive heard that oddworld stranger is a good fps type of game.

Variation-XBA
03-06-2005, 12:11 PM
It's actually made by Digital Illusions, or DICE. :)
Oops....your right... published then :P

Oddworld isnt bad, not my thing, but gameplay wise it's fun.

TheCovenant
03-08-2005, 01:58 AM
Id have to dissagree with the Spiderman bein crap, I and alot of people found it quite enjoyable.

And the movie comment: Play Ridd1ck, it's not based on the movie, and it a very well done but underrated game.

But you not buying one copy of game_x isnt going to do anything, neither is petitioning or something in that regard.

Rare didnt't make Rogue Agent, so why do you say that "Ever since microsoft has taken them over the quality of games comming out on the 'RARE' name has been very low"?

My problem with the industry: People are sheep. They will buy anything that has the marketting behind it. GTA and Halo being prime examples. Regardless of how good or bad these games may be (GTA was hugely overated), they will continue to sell millions cause of the name, and gems like Metal Arms will never be heard of. Gamers now adays care more about graphics than actualy gameplay (in general), and a popular name they know.

whats metal arms?

Variation-XBA
03-08-2005, 02:13 AM
whats metal arms?

My point exactly. A game everyone should play, but no one has heard of. Was just an example, but that's the point.

SamSmith
03-08-2005, 04:19 AM
metal arms glitch in the system