PDA

View Full Version : xbox expansion slot?

addicted_2_xbox
02-12-2002, 08:41 AM
Does anyone know if the xbox has an internal expansion slot? Some PS2 lovers at my school always say PS2 has an expansion slot and Xbox doesn't, but I tell them the thing to the right of the disc tray (it looks like another disc tray) is the expansion slot and sometimes i say it has a huge internal one and thats why its big.

XBOX Dude
02-12-2002, 09:40 AM
well the xbox doesn't have an expansion slot and that's beacsue it doesn't need one it shipped with everything it will need for five years, the reason ps2 had expansion slots is another way to screw ya first by buying the system then by having to buy all the add ons, with xbox you buy it and that's it

XBOXgamer13
02-12-2002, 09:43 AM
yeah, ps2 got expansion slot because for their crappy add ons and will cost you much

Hugh_Jass
02-12-2002, 09:58 AM
The thing that some PS2 fans don't realize is that XBOX uses USB for controller ports. With USB all things are possible. Look at what's available for PCs on USB.

Keyboard
Mouse
Printer
Scanner
Interface to digital cameras
Interface to standalone MP3 players
hard drive
CD-RW
etc.

If you want expansion possibilities, XBOX is THE console to own.

addicted_2_xbox
02-15-2002, 01:25 PM
Your right, but i really doubt that theyre gonna make cameras and CD-RWs for that USB shape. I meant something like extra hard drive space (Who would need that!) or more ram, but thanks anyways.

l Maximus l
02-15-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by addicted_2_xbox
Your right, but i really doubt that theyre gonna make cameras and CD-RWs for that USB shape. I meant something like extra hard drive space (Who would need that!) or more ram, but thanks anyways.

I don't think that was Hugh's point. He was simply demonstrating that with the USB technology on the XBox, they can have add ons if need be. They could be something else that we have never seen

addicted_2_xbox
02-15-2002, 01:43 PM
I dont mean to sound like a Jack@$$, but I think you misuderstood me too. I just watned to know if there was an internal expansion slot or not. I already knew the capabilities of USB.

Hugh_Jass
02-15-2002, 02:56 PM
Ah...well then...NO.

Frostberg
02-16-2002, 11:23 AM
Ok so if there was an internal slot of some kind (which there isint) here is a short outline...
http://pages.prodigy.net/frostberg/short%20outline.htm

EDIT: go to the webpage because it is a lot easier to read with the spaces

Hugh_Jass
02-17-2002, 03:32 PM
The biggest restriction on the expansion for the XBOX is the bandwidth of USB. It's too bad they didn't go with USB 2.0 or firewire. Oh, well. It shouldn't be an issue unless you are trying to stream large files.

LynxFX
02-17-2002, 07:52 PM
Guess that is something we get to look forward to in the Xbox2. :)

Virazslo
02-18-2002, 02:48 PM
---with xbox you buy it and that's it---

Except for the $30 DVD controller, that was a waste