PDA

View Full Version : OXM April **Complete details**

Snowblind
03-07-2005, 07:28 PM
Holy ****, Chaos Theory is near perfect!

Playable Demos:

- Jade Empire
- Area 51 *Different then the Nov. demo*
- Hidden demo: TRON 2.0: Killer App

Contains:

- Downloadable Halo 2 game types
- Iron Phoenix trailer and weapon BIOS
- Behind The Scenes: Jade Empire
- Rainbow Six: Lockdown video
- Midnight Club 3 video
- Project: Snowblind video
- and other unimportant bullcrap

Reviews:

- Jade Empire: 9.4
Negatives: Framerate problems, story was to short, lack of voice actors.

- Splinter Cell Chaos Theory: 9.9
Negatives: Only four co-op missions, too addictive.

- Brothers in Arms: 9.6

- Area 51: 6.8
Negatives: Bad voice acting/sound(WTF), outdated multiplayer features.

- Star Wars Republic Commando: 8.2
Negatives: Lame end missions, worthless multiplayer.

- Doom 3: 9.2
Negatives: Too scary(WTF), and only four player multiplayer.

- Worms 3D: 8.1

- Worms Forts: Under Siege: 6.8

- MVP Baseball: 9.0

- Major League Baseball 2K5: 7.4

- Timesplitters 3: 7.9

- Super Monkey Ball Deluxe: 7.2

- Red Ninja End of Honor: 3.0

- Rugby 2005: 7.2

- FIFA Street: 5.4

Conchord
03-07-2005, 08:21 PM
Snow. wow. -edit- SPLINTER CELL 9.9!!! OMFG! Doom III...too scary....suh-weet! /-edit-

How do you get the hidden demos?

And for that matter, when there is a bonus hidden track on a music CD, how the flip do you unlock it??? ANYONE?

Variation-XBA
03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
So so so so sooooo can't wait for Chaos Theory :D

Snowblind
03-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Snow. wow. -edit- SPLINTER CELL 9.9!!! OMFG! Doom III...too scary....suh-weet! /-edit-

How do you get the hidden demos?

You have to hold down the L trigger and press a series of buttons to unlock it. Your controller rumbles when your pressing the right buttons.

The April disk code is B, X, X, Left, Right, L, Left, Up, X, X, Left, Right, Left, Right.

Conchord
03-07-2005, 08:32 PM
You have to hold down the L trigger and press a series of buttons to unlock it. Your controller rumbles when your pressing the right buttons.

The April disk code is B, X, X, Left, Right, L, Left, Up, X, X, Left, Right, Left, Right.

what about hidden tracks on music CDs? I bought a CD that says there are two additional tracks, but it only goes to 15 (there should be 16, including the two extra...)

Snowblind
03-07-2005, 08:34 PM
what about hidden tracks on music CDs? I bought a CD that says there are two additional tracks, but it only goes to 15 (there should be 16, including the two extra...)

I actually have absolutly no idea. It's just a plain music disk, right?

LeoBreaker
03-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Downloadable Halo 2 game types

what do they mean by downloadable halo 2 game types... the new maps perhaps??? :watchout:

Snowblind
03-07-2005, 08:50 PM
what do they mean by downloadable halo 2 game types... the new maps perhaps??? :watchout:

Not maps, OXM-created Halo 2 game variants.

ll Mista GT ll
03-07-2005, 08:51 PM

No... No, my friend... that's up to Bungie to do when they feel like it. :rolleyes:

They mean "Dawn of the Dead' for example.

LeoBreaker
03-07-2005, 08:53 PM
ahh ok, i wasn't sure. i saw downloadable and halo 2 in the same statement and jumped to conclusions :p

MerimacHamwich
03-07-2005, 10:34 PM
Let the CD play. The songs will start eventually. Although, usually they don't tell you about hidden tracks. If they are bonus tracks, then they will be listed on the cd cover, and will be numbered. They are just add ons from a previous version of the CD.

Shadow20002
03-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Red Ninja End of Honor: 3.0???? Ultra Crappy game or what....i though it was cool...

Conchord
03-07-2005, 11:55 PM
Let the CD play. The songs will start eventually. Although, usually they don't tell you about hidden tracks. If they are bonus tracks, then they will be listed on the cd cover, and will be numbered. They are just add ons from a previous version of the CD.

Yea, I bought a CD and the sticker said plus + 2 tracks, but on the actual CD jacket it only has one extra asong released...i looked the song up on the internet, and it says its a hidden track....BUT when i pop it in and run my CDs burner, it only lists 15 tracks, meaning there is still one out there...are hidden tracks written in negative time on CDs? If so, then that explains it...so you suppose, meri, that the songs will play if I just listen to my CD? I will try that...You know, this could almost make a new thread..........

DemonLoki
03-08-2005, 02:13 AM
Yea, I bought a CD and the sticker said plus + 2 tracks, but on the actual CD jacket it only has one extra asong released...i looked the song up on the internet, and it says its a hidden track....BUT when i pop it in and run my CDs burner, it only lists 15 tracks, meaning there is still one out there...are hidden tracks written in negative time on CDs? If so, then that explains it...so you suppose, meri, that the songs will play if I just listen to my CD? I will try that...You know, this could almost make a new thread..........
Put in your computer- (Might be file/video? if its enhanced cd)

But most likley: Check if the Last song is Extra long- usually will have period of no sound in middle seperating two songs but only uses one track.

SamSmith
03-08-2005, 04:43 AM
wtf? why do they bother with hidden demos??

well thanks for the post snowblind! :)

wow, 9.9 for SC.CT!!! i cant wait for that one!!

and wtf are they on about doom3 being too scary?? id put that as an upper!!

looks like this issue is going to be sweet :cool:
jade empire got a good mark, im looking forward to trying it.
but SC.CT... wow.

JuniorBrady
03-08-2005, 01:55 PM
Theres my area 51 Demo. Heck yeah. But 6.8 on the rating? Ridiculous. MArilyn Manson, Duchovny, Boothe? No way is voice acting a problem.

No Fear 23
03-08-2005, 04:06 PM
so, obviously, splinter cell is better than halo 2....mmm i dunno about that.

i'll be picking up doom 3, splinter cell.

f rainbow 6....connection here sucks, so i'll have to wait till summer to play online.

SamSmith
03-08-2005, 04:45 PM
so, obviously, splinter cell is better than halo 2....mmm i dunno about that.

halo2 got 10/10 in the oxm over here, but i havnt played CT yet... but i would be amazed if it lived up to halo2 :D

wbio
03-08-2005, 05:32 PM
Wow, cant believe SC:CT got a 9.9, can't wait for that to come out.

mattgame
03-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I will get mines the day it comes out. Oh the joy.

m4oH
03-08-2005, 08:57 PM
SC:CT will rape Halo 2 unmercilly. Bottom line, Halo 2 is garbage compared to Splinter Cell. Anyways, of course, I can't wait for this issue. Then again MARCH 30!!

CuartoDePuto
03-09-2005, 08:09 AM
That is a pretty tight score for splinter cell. What is the deal with some of their reasoning for other scores though. Doom 3 is too scary? Area 51 bad voice acting? meh, i don't buy it at all.

MixMasta
03-09-2005, 03:21 PM
SC:CT will rape Halo 2 unmercilly. Bottom line, Halo 2 is garbage compared to Splinter Cell. Anyways, of course, I can't wait for this issue. Then again MARCH 30!!

You haven't even played the Gold version of the game, and you are already saying it is going to kill Halo 2. You know what? I seriously hope there are a ****load of ways to cheat in SC so that all you people that hate on Halo 2 have something new to ***** about. Honestly, I think most people would agree with the statement that Halo 2 was well worth the $50 paid for it. Sure, maybe it didn't live up to all the hype, but it still was a great game, and I've gotten countless hours of gameplay from it.

Anyways, where is the Lockdown review? They can review UC2 two months in advance, but they won't have Lockdown reviewed till the May issue, which comes out early April???? Stupid OXM.

BTW, the TS3 score is a major bummer in my book. Looks like my next four purchases will be SC: CT, LD, UC2, and JE.

kenji
03-12-2005, 10:50 PM
and wtf are they on about doom3 being too scary?? id put that as an upper!!For everyone who doesn't get the magazine, it was an upper too. :watchout:

It would take too long to put all the ups and down, so putting just the downs is easier, eh?

I can't wait for Jade Empire. I think it might be the last game I pre-order for XBox. We shall see.

Snowblind
03-12-2005, 11:04 PM
I would like to announce, though, that the information I posted was based on the UK OXM issue. All the content will be the same except the review scores might be .1 or .2 points off in the North American issue.

mattgame
03-13-2005, 04:02 PM
I love splinter cell just as much as the next guy but I played the demo and I wouldn't say damn near perfect based on that.

laughs
03-20-2005, 04:54 PM
What about the Classics!!!!!!!??????

CRAYMAN
03-21-2005, 11:30 AM
When the mag listed D3 as too scary as a negative, they were being comical.

Shadow20002
03-21-2005, 10:44 PM
I will get it before it release in stores.