PDA

View Full Version : Doa3 a dissapointment?

DenniZz81
02-12-2002, 10:24 AM
Gamespot best and worst games for 2001
nominated doa3 for 2001´s dissapointment...
is that game that bad?

batman46st
02-12-2002, 10:31 AM
I bought it after I beat with everyone I got bored,(no replay value) on the otherhand this game is phat with its graphics the ending for one of the gurls the assasin chix rules nothing but a$$,however its not that good of a fighting game one button and u can defeat the hole game, and a figthing game just isnt a fighting game without them having sometipes ofpowers, mk5 or watever the name is will probably be the best fightinggame on this system along with soul calibur 2.......(I only got it cause i needed a fighting game!atleast its better than kabuki warriors)

Another thing dont go by wat gamespot rates its game they are sony lovers.........:mad:

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Well, DennizZ...DOA3 is, undoubtably, one of the most beautiful games ever created. It has some of the most amazing graphics on any game that has hit the gaming console industry. But, the thing is, DOA3 has some tough competition. The fighting genre has become more skill-oriented, in which characters, on other fighting games, have unique abilities and special fighting moves that require extensive practice to master. DOA3 doesn't have this style of gaming...it is more of a button mashing game.... If they simply added that the characters have special moves that require button and control sequences to pull them off (take MK for example - they have tons of special moves and combos), then, DOA3 would probably take over the genre as the #1 fighting game.

It also would have been nice to add temporary weapons and such. DOA3 is probably one of the top rental games that are out. But, it's not worth $50 if you look at the game overall. If you are looking for a game that is a good show peice rather than having extensive fun, then DOA3 would be perfect. I hope that helps! :)

Ninja Scroll
02-12-2002, 12:10 PM
I agree with everything you said max, except for it being the best fighting game if it had some of the MK features.
Soul Calibur is without a doubt in a class of it's own in the fighting gerne.
But as far as DOA3 goes, the game is more of a shock value type game. It's good now but tires later.
I bought the game the day I got my Xbox and after a week or two tops it was collecting mad crazy dust.
I enjoyed it while it lasted, but it's not a bad game, I would'nt even call it disappointing, it was a good game...i'd give it a 6 outta 10.
It's just that Soul Calibur is the standard in fighting games now that all other that came out after 9/9/99 still cant reach that level of gameplay.
This is one case that proves graphics arent eerthing.:)

shererboat
02-12-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
Soul Calibur is without a doubt in a class of it's own in the fighting gerne.

thats so tru ninja.......in fact, me and sum boys actually busted out the dc to reunite with soul bout a week ago......though it didnt last long since we werent used to the controller anymore:rolleyes:

soul 2 will continue the legacy im sure!!!!

DenniZz81
02-12-2002, 03:01 PM
button bashing? arent there any special combos?

and if you just evaluate multi
how good is it then?
i wont be playing much single anyways
fighting games are made for playing with friends!

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81

how good is it then?

In DOA3 They say there are so many moves. But in reality the moves have the same affect but look a tad bit different. Most of your combos are high high low low. Or just high high high high. A skilled player can be beaten by a noob, As long as the noob milks the user friendly Counter system. Counters are so easy to pull off a retarted seal could easily do them. You also cannot grab stunned opponents, Yet you can counter while stunned, and lets not forget the fact you cant hit them when there down unless you do a move that is meant for it(example Up + Black with Jan LEE). This causes very annoying and choatic gameplay when your whole defense relies on counters. Like i said before, There are a ton of moves, But they all look the same. Plus every fighter almost feels the same. Every fighter has has bootleg combos. This game looks nice, But game play is as shallow as Cum bucket next to my bed.

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by DenniZz81

how good is it then?

I agree that fighting games are meant for multi-player use. But, the best multi-player experience on the planet is playing Halo.

But, if you want a good fighting game, Soul Kaliber 2 or the new Mortal Kombat will be better bets. DOA3 is undoubtably worth checking out... In my opinion, it's a great rental, but, not one to own unless you want to have it to show off the graphical capabilities of the XBox. It's a beautiful game, and yes, there are combos...but, nothing that button mashing can't accomplish.

It's not difficult to become a "pro" DOA3 player. The only thing you have to practice is how fast you can hit multiple buttons. I like the game, don't get me wrong, but, I wouldn't own it unless someone gave it to me free or for a very small price.

Keep in mind that I absolutely love fighting games! I am simply not all that impressed with DOA3 when it comes to gameplay. Everything else I am extremely impressed! I just wish that there were sequencial special moves and stuff.

Also, another thing that really bugs me is listening to Tina speak before she fights. She's fun to look at, but, that voice has to go! :eek:

Shadow Fox
02-12-2002, 04:02 PM
DOA a #1 fighting game? Competition has "gotten" fierce? WTF? DOA1 came out in 1997, Am I the only one who remembers this? The only saving grace of this choppy PSX/Saturn title were the extra bouncy females, which seem to have stiffened up a bit throughout the sequels...

Soul Edge, Tekken, KI, SFII, VF, and MK all made their mark way in the early nineties (92-94), and they've evolved their games with time. DOA is the only fighting series I know that hasn't updated squat gameplaywise; Even Xmen: Mutant Academy 2 has new moves (Lord forbid playing the game)...

So in essence, Team Ninja was a little too late in trying to come into the fighting genre. Now if they'd beaten VF to the punch (at which point in time, Tecmo didn't even have 3D tools, lol), the Dead or Alive franchise may have some respect, but among fighting vets everywhere, this game is as bad as Fighter's Destiny by Data East in 94'...:mad:

Even MK has been viewed as "not a technical fighter", but Team Ninja makes Williams/Midway look like Capcom here...

-Official Ninja of XboxAddict

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by Shadow Fox
DOA a #1 fighting game? Competition has "gotten" fierce? WTF? DOA1 came out in 1997, Am I the only one who remembers this? The only saving grace of this choppy PSX/Saturn title were the extra bouncy females, which seem to have stiffened up a bit throughout the sequels...

Soul Edge, Tekken, KI, SFII, VF, and MK all made their mark way in the early nineties (92-94), and they've evolved their games with time. DOA is the only fighting series I know that hasn't updated squat gameplaywise; Even Xmen: Mutant Academy 2 has new moves (Lord forbid playing the game)...

So in essence, Team Ninja was a little too late in trying to come into the fighting genre. Now if they'd beaten VF to the punch (at which point in time, Tecmo didn't even have 3D tools, lol), the Dead or Alive franchise may have some respect, but among fighting vets everywhere, this game is as bad as Fighter's Destiny by Data East in 94'...:mad:

Even MK has been viewed as "not a technical fighter", but Team Ninja makes Williams/Midway look like Capcom here...

Now I understand why it's so pointless to debate with you! Your thoughts here are so random and after reading it a couple times, I still have no clue in what you're trying to say! lol

Now, before you get all poopy pants towards me, Shadow, ask anyone in here to read this to see if this post applies to some sort of point to DOA3 first. Don't just tell me "You're stupid, you can't understand me". Remember, the intentions of posting is for the reader to understand and it's the Poster that is responsible for communicating clearly ;)

Shadow Fox
02-12-2002, 04:46 PM
Let me break it down for you, Maximus, since you don't understand (since it's such a good front)...Here's your very first post here...
Originally posted by Maximus
But, the thing is, DOA3 has some tough competition. The fighting genre has become more skill-oriented, in which characters, on other fighting games, have unique abilities and special fighting moves that require extensive practice to master.That's where I came in with this:

And that was my response. Understand yet? Since I'm menitoning DOA the entire time, where did you lose track of that still being my subject- Me saying DOA, Dead or Alive, or DOA again? I swear....
DOA3 doesn't have this style of gaming...it is more of a button mashing game.... If they simply added that the characters have special moves that require button and control sequences to pull them off (take MK for example - they have tons of special moves and combos), then, DOA3 would probably take over the genre as the #1 fighting game.Note the bold. Seem familiar? Yes, that's what I was ranting about in my first paragraph- how DOA3 will NEVER be a #1 fighting game. Maybe in blind sales, but I sincerely doubt there will ever be a hardcore following to it like SF and the like. Get it? Got it? Good.

Don't believe me? Try to actually find a DOA2 arcade machine in your area, or anywhere else for that matter. Then try to find someone actually stick a quarter in it. Then find the exact opposite result near any Tekken or SF machine- they're aways packed.

!<-------subject change, so Waximus won't get lost again------>!

DOA3 is nothing like the engine remake Team Ninja was bragging about; the game has the same play mechanics as the previous two games- EXACTLY the same. What a horrible joke for Tecmo to play on America; and to think, almost every Xbox owner thought of buying it...:mad: SCII and MK will own this game.

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Shadow...if I wanted to keep talking about arcade games, I would, however, DenniZz simply asked about DOA3, not any other games that are found in the arcade. Drop it.

Shadow Fox
02-12-2002, 05:34 PM
Shadow...if I wanted to keep talking about arcade games, I would, however, DenniZz simply asked about DOA3, not any other games that are found in the arcade. Drop it. Apparently you missed the main point of both of my posts- DOA3 is a disappointment; query answered.(so now you know, thread starter)...

Now quit hatin'; it's hard enough as it is to choose between the GOOD fighters as #1, let alone DOA3, sheesh...;)

[The post above was actually written in lamens terms]

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 05:41 PM
Apparently you missed the main point of both of my posts- DOA3 is a disappointment; query answered.(so now you know, thread starter)...

Now quit hatin'; it's hard enough as it is to choose between the GOOD fighters as #1, let alone DOA3, sheesh...;)

[The post above was actually written in lamens terms]

You're a smart ass mother ****er.

Shadow Fox
02-12-2002, 05:43 PM

You're a smart ass mother ****er. Not yet; I use contraceptives to prevent that; technically I'm a "smart ass woman****er" until that day comes....;)

l Maximus l
02-12-2002, 05:48 PM
Not yet; I use contraceptives to prevent that; technically I'm a "smart ass woman****er" until that day comes....;)

That was funy. :rolleyes:

Shadow Fox
02-12-2002, 05:58 PM

That was funy. :rolleyes: "funy"?? O-K....:rolleyes: