PDA

View Full Version : N1 hear Nthing about Ultimate Blade of Darkness?

RudedogX
02-12-2002, 12:49 PM
I heard a while back that it's a total melee type game where you can use all sorts of weapons including peoples severed limbs to beat people with! I haven't seen anything since though! Anyone have anything on this game?:confused:

I read it's supposed to come out next month sometime, but that's it!

Ninja Scroll
02-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Ultimate WHO!? :confused:

RudedogX
02-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Ultimate Blade of Darkness, it's supposed to come out next month, but there are no screens for it yet, and gamespot gave a little glimpse on it. XBA had something on it, but it looks like they've removed the info on it now!:confused:

JJaX
02-12-2002, 03:14 PM
If it comes out next month, that means a playable version of the game should be available to magazines and such. Being theres not even a screen shot i think this game was probaly scratched about id say a year ago.

RudedogX
02-13-2002, 08:40 AM
So, someone sent me this, here's what the game is all about...

http://xbox.gamezone.com/news/12_06_01_01_56PM.htm

New York, NY – December 6, 2001 – Sharper than any sword, Codemasters’ Ultimate Blade of Darkness is set to strike exclusively on Xbox. Developed by RebelAct Studios, Codemasters has scheduled the title for release in winter 2002. The next-generation installment of the savagely famous PC game Blade of Darkness, this mature-rated hack and slasher is set in a magical world of heroes and quests and is certain to amaze fans of fantasy combat.

Ultimate Blade of Darkness will score high-impact hit points with some of the bloodiest combat scenes in Xbox gaming. With fluid, responsive and dynamic mêlée combat there’s a massive arsenal of weaponry available and practically any in-game object can be used to keep the dark hordes from savaging the player’s character. Broadswords, spears, battle-axes, arrows, even skeletal remains or an opponent’s severed limb can be used to decimate the forces of darkness.

A myriad of monsters, demons and unearthly creatures await in any of the four player-selectable adventurers. Ultimate Blade of Darkness reintroduces the heroes of the original Blade – Tukaram (a mighty muscle-bound warrior), Sargon (a Knight trained in strategic combat), Naglfar (an axe loving Dwarf) and Zoe (an adventuress fighter and trader).

Each character has a unique first level that draws them into a seemingly straightforward quest before sweeping them into a fantastic adventure that escalates into something darker and more mysterious than first imagined. The RPG-esque style of play allows the player to develop their character’s experience and skills, gain bigger weapons and better tools through success.

For a game designed and destined to be a classic in the mature game market, Codemasters will market Ultimate Blade of Darkness conscientiously and ensure potential consumers are aware of the game’s content. Materials will promote the title as suitable for a mature audience only and warn that the game features graphic scenes of animated violence.

“Ultimate Blade of Darkness will be a blizzard of frenetic combat, haunting atmospherics, intriguing puzzles and incredible lighting effect technology,” said Jonathan Smith, Codemasters’ internal producer for the game. “With its origins in Blade of Darkness, the leap to Xbox was a natural evolution.”

To me, this game sounds totally awesome! But there hasn't been anymore info since, that's why i'm trying to get some more info/screenshots/anything!